• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua What exactly is secondaryDamage vs. primary?

RazorBlade

Retired Snek
Solutions
Reaction score
As the title says, I'm wondering what secondaryDamage is and what is classified as secondary versus primary in relation to an onHealthChange function.

If I had to guess, as I don't know for sure, I'd say primary damage is damage given by a hit or initial damage from a spell. That would leave secondary damage to be something like poison hitting you every second or burning from fire? Not entirely sure... Others feel free to chime in.

Well... MY gues is that a certain weapon have it's own primary damage such as "atk: 47" and the secondary would be a 10% fire damage imbued to that weapon....

If I had to guess, as I don't know for sure, I'd say primary damage is damage given by a hit or initial damage from a spell. That would leave secondary damage to be something like poison hitting you every second or burning from fire? Not entirely sure... Others feel free to chime in.
Well... MY gues is that a certain weapon have it's own primary damage such as "atk: 47" and the secondary would be a 10% fire damage imbued to that weapon....
I initially thought about those, but the primaryDamage is passed in anytime the player's health changes, which results in the primaryDamage being whatever damage is dealt, since it's processing the changes individually even if they appear to happen at the same time it seems. That's why I'm so confused as to what it is that secondaryDamage does xD

Back