• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What has the drop in OT Players been?

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
The aggression is unnecessary, child.
You're looking at it from a developer perspective and that perspective of yours looks jaded as fk.
From a player perspective, the monetization structure in OTs is shithouse.

Your comment is actually quite a good bit of insight into why the playerbase is dying;
Creators just aren't in this game for the right reasons.

My perspective is "Jaded" because today's gamers make me jaded.

People who review games, or release gaming news just follow trends of big news companies to get people riled up.
Evolve's Developer states "We have made our game to work perfectly with future DLC releases".
And did the News Titles say, "Evolve developers plan to support their game for years after release."
Nope!
Here are the real News Headlines:
This is the world we live in. So this is where my perspective comes from.
I play OTs, I play other games. I buy other games, I buy DLC, I pay for subscriptions, I buy skins on League of Legends, I pay for new spell animations on Path of Exile, I support kickstarter games, I realize making quality products takes time and hard work and MONEY.

It takes money to design, make, run, update, and do anything on any software, including Open Tibia Servers.
If people didn't enjoy buying donation items and playing all those "Shitty" RL Tibia map servers, no one would do it.
The fact people do enjoy buying donation items and racing to the top, means there is a MARKET for that type of server.

The sad thing is all the people who want really custom OTs, with new content, and good features are mainly the people not willing to pay for shit, and custom OTs cost the most to make. So there is basically NO market for it.

Then we see people like you complain about people making money, and the people who are making Custom OTs are like "Jesus Fucking Christ I hope someone out there appreciates the work we do enough to support us."

@Flatlander You didn't get my point, I do like earning money out of OTs but I just think the people from otservlist.org is taking too much advantage from all other hosters. Not going to call you a child because I dont know you and I dont know if you are a child or just old and stupid.

@Flatlander You didn't get my point, I do like earning money out of OTs but I just think the people from otservlist.org is taking too much advantage from all other hosters. Not going to call you a child because I dont know you and I dont know if you are a child or just old and stupid.

I was argueing with you, I was argueing with Leo.

I think we all know that OTServList.org is a website designed to make money first, and designed to help advertise servers second.

I was argueing with you, I was argueing with Leo.

I think we all know that OTServList.org is a website designed to make money first, and designed to help advertise servers second.

It's his business. This is how it should be ran. Which I think is what you are saying.

EDIT: Actually.... this is probably more relevant to this topic.
Long story short; the mindset of the majority of developers here is backwards as fk.

Back