• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What makes a real map different from others or better than others?!

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I am not a heavy real map player, I only played 2-3 real map servers since I started Tibia but when I started to work on my own server I thought a lot and I decided that I need to create a real map server because I am a (shit mapper) I can't even map a temple that looks good, so I started working on a real map project not for a long time and still a lot of stuffs to do,quests to check, formulas and monsters to become the nearest to Real Tibia.
But I want to take ideas from hardcore real map players or experienced OTLand members about what makes any real map different from others because I see too many real maps around and most of them tried to do their best to produce a great server but still very few succeeded and I hope I can be one of the very few.
I really appreciate anyone's answer and I know most of people here hates real maps and thinks it is download and run server but I am here and asking this because I don't want my server to be download and run server.
Please post any ideas/thoughts even if you think it is small that would benefit me so much and also post any similar posts to this I will check/read to get maximum ideas/benefits I can.
Thanks in advance, I hope this ain't getting ignored.

Nothing. Im in the same boat as you. I dont understand the real map craze. It gets old. There is like 40 servers, all real map. I get a real map server for different versions. For example, you only really need a couple real map servers for each version. High rate / low rate. I dont understand why there is 40 of them. I think its just the luck of the draw honestly. You get lucky, and ur server gets popular for some reason. I dont understand it either.

Nothing. Im in the same boat as you. I dont understand the real map craze. It gets old. There is like 40 servers, all real map. I get a real map server for different versions. For example, you only really need a couple real map servers for each version. High rate / low rate. I dont understand why there is 40 of them. I think its just the luck of the draw honestly. You get lucky, and ur server gets popular for some reason. I dont understand it either.
Yeah it is so confusing, I hope someone might tell us what to do or how to make a real map server different.
Because depending on luck isn't guaranteed (it might fail or might success) so that makes all the hard work done or will be done useless.

I mean personally, i will never make a real map server. I find them over-made, and boring. Theres already 400 of them, why would i make another one? I try to create something unique. I guess once i release my server, we'll see if it works out.

I mean personally, i will never make a real map server. I find them over-made, and boring. Theres already 400 of them, why would i make another one? I try to create something unique. I guess once i release my server, we'll see if it works out.
Yeah I tried that choice but as I mentioned above I am so shit mapper to make my own custom server and I think by the time I learn or get better at mapping the whole Tibia community would be almost dead so I focus on scripting now and for a custom server you need too many mapping (story long quests) 2-3 custom cities atleast and custom hunting grounds which will cost too much if I hired a mapper because I already got an offer 50 euro for a custom city.
Also there's many custom servers I can see around with very great and creative ideas I find it very hard competing them (I am fan of their creative ideas).
so personally I will continue on real map and I wish someone will tell some good ideas/thoughts, I will be checking other real map servers in the meanwhile.

I could see where ur coming from. I am the same way. I like mapping, but i am not great at it. Much better and just making functional scripts. That is why i went with creating a true WAR ot. Only need minimal mapping skills. Plus maps ripped from real tibia make great battle zones as well haha. So that saves a lot. But yes, these custom servers that are coming out/are out, have been in development for years, its very hard to top that with a brand new custom server.

The content, the problem with those 400 real servers online is that they doesn't got the full content or even they doesn't build it, projects like oxserver, shadowcores and many others has succeded because they try to emulate the feeling of playing cipsoft's tibia, that includes formulas, systems, mechanics and more.

I could see where ur coming from. I am the same way. I like mapping, but i am not great at it. Much better and just making functional scripts. That is why i went with creating a true WAR ot. Only need minimal mapping skills. Plus maps ripped from real tibia make great battle zones as well haha. So that saves a lot. But yes, these custom servers that are coming out/are out, have been in development for years, its very hard to top that with a brand new custom server.
Yeah for war server it will be easy because I have been working on a discontinued war server, the most important thing will be the balanced PVP system/vocations, I added anti push prevention (delay) when I worked on war server also deaths channel/kill tasks/deaths streak.
War server won't need a lot of hard working, Wish you best luck.

The content, the problem with those 400 real servers online is that they doesn't got the full content or even they doesn't build it, projects like oxserver, shadowcores and many others has succeded because they try to emulate the feeling of playing cipsoft's tibia, that includes formulas, systems, mechanics and more.
True, I am trying to get as near as to Real Tibia formulas/monsters and also quests that's why it is taking me time and will take longer but some real map servers are missing many areas and quests and not any near to real tibia formula but still succeeded that's what confused me most.
I can't get to know what attracts real map players.
I will try to edit and make it feels more like Real Tibia but I think I need more than that to make my server success.

Last edited:
I would say, the most important thing is what custom systems to add the a real map server. If people wanted a tibia mimic they would play the real thing (unless we are talking about 8.6 servers, ect.) Generally, PvP on a real map server with cool systems and a good way to obtain mounts, special effects, ect for your character are what really make a real map server come alive.

I would say, the most important thing is what custom systems to add the a real map server. If people wanted a tibia mimic they would play the real thing (unless we are talking about 8.6 servers, ect.) Generally, PvP on a real map server with cool systems and a good way to obtain mounts, special effects, ect for your character are what really make a real map server come alive.
Yeah it is 8.6 since it is the max client I have played and I know about it most, I have only now Cast system/War system and I have in my to do list (Private war/Offline trainers) I can't think of anymore systems for now since I am still going deep into main formulas/quests and also I have few events I plan on adding but about mounts will require custom client and most 8.6 players are using Elf/Magebot so that might make me lose many players.
I will edit PVP system/Vocations balance these ones I will test them many times.
Anyways thanks that helped I will take a look at most online real-maps and see what systems they are using and add the ones that will suit me and not making the server OP.

Back