• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What makes Tibia special over other games?

axas

Reaction score
I thought It'd be interesting to spark this discussion, as it seems like an interesting topic when trying to decide as to why anyone in their right mind would want to develop on OTClient/TFS, as opposed to Unity/Unreal/whatever other game engine that exists.
What makes Tibia unique, and what are some best/most interesting perks/systems about it, that developers could use advantage of? And we're not necessarily talking about cipsoft's tibia, but what the engine has to offer in general.

One I can think of is the grid map, which makes it a really tactical game in terms of pve/pvp. I always loved how you can just mwall at the right tile and save your ass/get someone's ass.
I also found it amazing how you can own and customise a house, I don't really know any other mmorpg where you're able to do that (my knowledge may be limited here).

-2d pixel art
-old 7.4 pvp and gameplay (no hotkeys, uh trap, infinite monster luring, no pvp on boats...)
-not an easy game, you need to earn skills to get to end game and pvp
-rpg component, today all games and "easy"

It runs in potato pcs.

It's online since 1997, probably the first MMORPG for a lot of gamers in their 30's.

It priveleged chat a lot, chat is big in the screen, default keyboard input is to chat and not to play.

1. Really simple but solid and enjoyable gameplay.
2. Its pretty easly customable, making the gaming experience familiar throughout different servers, but also allowing every one of them to have its own unique features.
3. The most unique way to solve mysteries and puzzles is the way its done in tibia, literally every possibility.
4. High risk - High reward solutions (pvp system, losing items on death, being able to run through quests)
5. Really interpersonal gameplay in terms of community, people that i dealt with in tibia seemed more "human" than in other multiplayer games. (both in good and bad way)

you are asking on a open tibia forum btw, anyways there is actually nothing but nostalgia, almost everything on tibia is already done, there is no mistery about it so, and those who want old tibia more than new its just nostalgia².

For me the best feature was a close interaction with another players. Chatting with them, blocking, hunting etc. For me it feels better in 2d games than in 3d, 3d looks like a world which consists only you and background. In 2d you are part of this world.

Back