• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What next?

johnny2by4by2

Reaction score
I was able to compile and get my website working. I'm working off TFS 1.4.2 (latest - stable). I logged into the server and see the basic tfs map. It's a 10.98 client. What is the best method for deciding on the data pack that could be supported? Like can I use a 8.6 data pack?

The packages from 8.6 can indeed be migrated to TFS 1.x, but it requires an advanced understanding of scripts. For instance, certain scripts that operated on TFS 0.4 may possess outdated functions and were tailored specifically for that version. You must test them, and if they fail to function, adaptation or conversion to TFS 1.x will be necessary. The functions between TFS 0.4 and 1.x significantly differ, making it crucial to adapt them accurately for TFS 1.x compatibility. Should you wish to discern what needs conversion before the adaptation process, examining the 'compat.lua' file located at 'your_server/data/lib/compat/' will provide valuable insights.

There are several scripts, systems for TFS 1.x, etc., available that can be found on Otland. Just click on 'search' to see them appear. You can take what you need, implement it on your server, and test it on your own.

Back