• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What would you like to see configurable in new engines? Which new game mechanics you hate?

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

In case you haven't heard yet, I'm building a protocol 12 server engine based on TFS* and I've heard mixed opinions regarding version 12 systems.
*(an alternative, think of it like what 0.4 was to 0.2 and 0.3)

I'm looking for your feedback regarding the new features (as well as changes/removed old ones), therefore I have three questions for you:

• Which features would you like to have configurable? (for example: magic wall disappearing on step in is one of things being discussed right now)
  • Which old game mechanics would you like to keep?
  • What do you hate about version 12?

I would like to have some admin protocol through http/json API that I could admin the server through PHP.

=)

It may be out of scope for your question, but still, would be nice to have!

I hate there has been OTAdmin protocol removed, and no replacement was suggested! This is so irrational!

I would like to have some admin protocol through http/json API that I could admin the server through PHP.

=)

I hate there has been OTAdmin protocol removed, and no replacement was suggested! This is so irrational!

I believe there were two reasons for this.
  • antiviruses going crazy that there was a remote way of managing the server
  • security reasons

That's correct. I'd like to have more pvp/gameplay oriented answers, something like roping monsters for example.

1. Roping monsters
2. Decimal values for exp, skills, etc.
3. Premium stamina exp boost (on/off/%) [not sure if it's there already]
4. Monster disappearing after luring/moving back to spawn
5. Monsters HP/DMG/Defense/Healing bulk modifier (*1.x) [I think that I've seen it already somewhere]
6. Players DMG/Defense/Healing bulk modifier (*1.x) [I think that I've seen it already somewhere]
7. Retro/New PVP (and on/offs for its rules?)
8. Disable/Enable Offline Training and its rates
9. Any way of scheduling events (such as simple x2 exp or skill)
10. Shared experience in party boost on/off/configurable %
11. In-game store disable/enable [if it's implemented ofc]

Could you describe the differences between retro/new pvp? I believe that they could be split to features.

Could you describe the differences between retro/new pvp? I believe that they could be split to features.

I think these sentences from wiki will explain it better than I could:

"So-called Retro Open PvP is currently unique to the ten servers listed below. This game world type was introduced on October 15, 2014, with the switch of Calva and Calvera from Hardcore PvP to Retro Open PvP and the release of Morta and Mortera. It goes back to the roots of PvP: only 2 unjusts per killed character, no Ghosting/Swapping, no compensation for an unfair death, no Twist of Fate, return of the Green Skull, Protection Zone Block no matter if you're the attacker or defender, no expert PvP mode, and no PvP frames around characters. Aside from Open PvP worlds, there are Optional PvP, Hardcore PvP and Retro Hardcore PvP worlds."

Source: Open PvP (https://tibia.fandom.com/wiki/Open_PvP)

Explanation with more details:
  • supporting (healing, blocking etc.) an attacker does not lead to any form of punishment
  • if a character is killed by other characters, no more than 2 characters will be identified and punished as killers of this character: the one which dealt the most damage and the one which dealt the fatal hit
  • for both of these 2 characters, the death counts as a full unjustified kill, therefore players get a red skull for 3 unjustified kills in 24 hours (5 in 7 days; 10 in 30 days) and a black skull for 6 unjustified kills in 24 hours (10 in 7 days; 20 in 30 days)
  • using "Paralyse" leads to a white skull and a protection zone block
  • after the kill, the characters identified as killers suffer from a protection zone block for 15 minutes, all other characters which dealt damage suffer from a protection zone block for 1 minute
  • just like on hardcore PvP game worlds, you cannot walk through other characters
  • if a character dies in a PvP fight, the death penalty is the same as if it had been killed by some creature
  • the PvP blessing "Twist of Fate" is not available (neither ingame nor in the Store) and will simply be ignored if a character is protected by one (e.g. after a character world transfer)
  • characters of the same party are marked with a green skull - killing a character with a green skull counts as justified kill
  • except for the green skull, there are no special group regulations for guilds or parties
  • characters that try to deal damage or use "Paralyse" in a PvP fight, always get a protection zone and logout block
  • characters who are attacked get a logout block
  • characters that defend themselves by trying to deal damage get a protection zone and logout block
  • damage from field spells only counts for the first 5 seconds after creation in PvP fights
  • creating such a field leads to a protection zone and logout block
  • the expert mode cannot be activated, however, the PvP button is usable
  • all characters standing on one field receive damage caused by area damage or field spell damage on this particular spot
Source:
Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (https://www.tibia.com/support/?subtopic=gethelp&entryid=100)

What do you hate about version 12?
Pretty much everything haha. I would love to see a TFS with multi-protocol support pretty much what @fabian766 did with his Optimized TFS. A lot of people still play 7.x and 8.x versions, and the majority of those servers still uses TFS 0.x and it's variants because current TFS has no support for multi-protocol.

Create map instance like in PyOT.
Coppy part of map in memory and duplicate it for few players in case of some quests.
So it could be like Annihilator done in same time by 5 teams, etc.

From my memory pyOT doesn't support instances, it supports a 4th dimension to the map. The map format is sectors and each sector can be loaded and unloaded while the server is running. The 4th dimension was just a different piece/style of mapping placed at the exact same coordinates. So it was possible to map the same area in different seasons and then dynamically load the different 4th dimension/"instances" while the server was still running. The client only knows (X,Y,Z) but the server knew (X,Y,Z,instance) and only sent the instance which was selected based on configuration and scripts. All players received the same instance.

From my memory pyOT doesn't support instances, it supports a 4th dimension to the map. The map format is sectors and each sector can be loaded and unloaded while the server is running. The 4th dimension was just a different piece/style of mapping placed at the exact same coordinates. So it was possible to map the same area in different seasons and then dynamically load the different 4th dimension/"instances" while the server was still running. The client only knows (X,Y,Z) but the server knew (X,Y,Z,instance) and only sent the instance which was selected based on configuration and scripts. All players received the same instance.
Ok. Thanks for clarification.

ERROR! ERROR! Memory corruption :D

Back