• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What's the difference between SqLite and MySql?

SQLite does not require a server to be set up, it is usually used with an application to allow data to be stored, this might be a contact list etc. It can only be used locally (i think).

MySQL is designed for hosting any size of database on a server which will be accessed by a website or an application.

Also:

SQLite:

* easier to setup

* great for testing databases

* not fit for large scale in production.

* doesn't have user management.

* doesn't have many performance features

MySQL:

* far more difficult/complex to set up.

* better options for performance.

* fit for large scale in production.

* can manage users, permissions, etc.

Okay. I've got a map, scripts and stuff ready to use, Now the question is: Which server should I use?

I have lots of more knowledge about MySql than I do about SqlLite, so a mysql server should be great, I downloaded 0.2.7 mystic spirit server, but that was with sqllite.

Okay. I've got a map, scripts and stuff ready to use, Now the question is: Which server should I use?

I have lots of more knowledge about MySql than I do about SqlLite, so a mysql server should be great, I downloaded 0.2.7 mystic spirit server, but that was with sqllite.

You can just change in config and it will work with Mysql instead of Sqlite..

I like using both of them.I prefer you use MySQL.
Change this in config.lua

Lua:
-- Database
  -- NOTE: sqlFile is used only by sqlite database, and sqlKeepAlive by mysql database.
  -- To disable sqlKeepAlive such as mysqlReadTimeout use 0 value.
  sqlType = "mysql" -- mysql server
  sqlHost = "localhost"
  sqlPort = 3306
  sqlUser = "root"
  sqlPass = "yourpass" -- xampp/uniform server pass
  sqlDatabase = "forgottenserver" -- db name
  sqlFile = "forgottenserver.s3db" -- db file
  sqlKeepAlive = 0
  mysqlReadTimeout = 10
  mysqlWriteTImeout = 10
  passwordType = "plain"

Last edited:

I'd recommend the latest TFS versions dude. And if you havin any trouble with setting up stuff check this Tut, its really good:
http://otland.net/f479/nothing-full...niform-server-forgotten-server-0-3-6-a-77593/

I've downloaded the uniserver and that distrubition.

It tells me i cannot connect to mysql database.

I've done excatly like I would do with XAMPP

Edit; I got it to work, i though it wasnt important to create a password for the mysql thing.

Last edited:
Back