• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

When choosing a AAC

When choosing a AAC, I look for ...

• Layout/Theme

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Quality

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Feeling trust towards the person who made it

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Fast/Slim(only the absolute required features are there)

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Code structure

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Widgets/Customization(Top players, top killers/deaths etc)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Vanderlay

Back on track
Premium User
Reaction score
So, I'm wondering; When choosing a AAC for your server, what is it that you go for?
Layout/Theme? Quality? You feel comfortable with the person who made it?
I'll add a poll to this. Please post any feedback you have related to this discussion.

Thanks,
Vanderlay

If people went on code structure/quality/trust everyone would use DevAAC but honestly most people don't even have any clue what that means so they just look on features (SHOP, TOP FRAGGERS ETC ETC) and since DevAAC lacks things like that I think people just ignore it and decides to go with gesior or znote.

I like fast loading pages but I also like the ability to add in custom modules kind of like a joomla structured site.
Hope that helps :)

I think layout+ tables like highscores, toplevel, lastdeaths are one of the most important things

Layout is the first thing we see (we shouldnt judge servers due the website, but most serious project have a decent website)

Tables - because you can see hows the server going, if there are many top lvls already or not, etc

To me all the above equals to quality

All - I rather make a list what I prefer more.

1. Quality
2. Code structure
3. Feeling trust towards the person who made it
4. Fast/Slim(only the absolute required features are there)

5. Layout/Theme

As somebody who has been PHP programming for year~
I appreciate if it's written in "understandable" way for users that aren't that experienced yet.

I've added two more options to the vote, including a "All of the above".

- all cipsoft's website features
- easy to edit
- some extra features
- simple layout

Ease of use and prettiness of the layouts.

A while back I was able to host a server with an unreleased AAC by @Raggaer that looked lovely, feature rich and integrated very nicely but it was a nightmare(at least to me with no web-dev experience) to add subpages or the likes. Even with the problems I had I would pick that aac over others because everything looked so elegant and felt solid. It was made with laravel 4 or one of those things.

Thanks for all the feedback!
If there's anything else, just keep the post coming!

What I'd look for in an AAC is mainly:
Security, Quality and good code structure,
If those are in place. Well it will probably be possible to write your own add-ons to fit your needs.

Back