• Sign up for TFS Icon Competition! The prize includes Otland Premium time and a medal, as well as obviously taking part in TFS history.
  • There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

When will TFS 1.4 be released?

Itutorial

Premium User
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
One of the recent changes in TFS 1.3 broke stuff. After a while sitting afk you get kicked and cannot log back into the game until the server is restarted.

Yamaken

Pro OpenTibia Developer
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
One of the recent changes in TFS 1.3 broke stuff. After a while sitting afk you get kicked and cannot log back into the game until the server is restarted.
You can go back few commits and recompile the distro till you find the commit that broke that feature that would help a lot.

Itutorial

Premium User
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what it is. Pretty much after sitting for a while the tibia client says "attempting to reconnect", kicks me, then I can't log back into the server (sometimes the server shuts itself off). It is a completely clean server.

Sarah Wesker

ค∂vαηcε รүηтαx ❤
Support Team
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
MillhioreBT
This has never happened to me.
Ok yes, XD But it's always because of something I do wrong, then I fix it and it looks good again ;)

Leaving the topic of jokes, the block you mention has not really happened to me
F

zbizu

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Jokes aside I think the snapshot model of minecraft releases would move the project forward.

It could go this way:

1. News "1.3 (insert new feature here) test 1" (or something like that)

2. The post would contain experimental build with new feature that didn't got merged to the main repo yet.

3. People would test it because muh new tfs and report bugs.

A little spoonfeeding (compiling for them the ready feature that needs to be tested and posting it in news/download) would give you more testers because let's be honest, no one bothers to compile pull requests of other people and you advise against using appveyor builds.

Now, while we're at it: was the bug with random disconnecting fixed? I intend to fork in order to rework area spells, but I need a playable build.

Of course not every pull would be posted, but something big ready to testing is fine imo.

A successful test could lead to test 2 or stable sub-release. A failed test could lead to test 2 with fixed bugs.

Two biggest things that are stopping tfs from going forward are lack of spoonfeeding new users like in the past and no support for newest game versions. With these two satisfied you could have lots of testers, just saying.

Last edited:

Vittyn

#Learning Linux
Reaction score
Backing to OTservs today, any release date for a stable version? or that commit are "stable" to make an ot now?