• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

When will TFS 1.4 be released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't this been submitted yet? :( we want tfs 1.3

One of the recent changes in TFS 1.3 broke stuff. After a while sitting afk you get kicked and cannot log back into the game until the server is restarted.

One of the recent changes in TFS 1.3 broke stuff. After a while sitting afk you get kicked and cannot log back into the game until the server is restarted.
You can go back few commits and recompile the distro till you find the commit that broke that feature that would help a lot.

Trying to figure out what it is. Pretty much after sitting for a while the tibia client says "attempting to reconnect", kicks me, then I can't log back into the server (sometimes the server shuts itself off). It is a completely clean server.

This has never happened to me.
Ok yes, XD But it's always because of something I do wrong, then I fix it and it looks good again ;)

Leaving the topic of jokes, the block you mention has not really happened to me
F

Jokes aside I think the snapshot model of minecraft releases would move the project forward.

It could go this way:

1. News "1.3 (insert new feature here) test 1" (or something like that)

2. The post would contain experimental build with new feature that didn't got merged to the main repo yet.

3. People would test it because muh new tfs and report bugs.

A little spoonfeeding (compiling for them the ready feature that needs to be tested and posting it in news/download) would give you more testers because let's be honest, no one bothers to compile pull requests of other people and you advise against using appveyor builds.

Now, while we're at it: was the bug with random disconnecting fixed? I intend to fork in order to rework area spells, but I need a playable build.

Of course not every pull would be posted, but something big ready to testing is fine imo.

A successful test could lead to test 2 or stable sub-release. A failed test could lead to test 2 with fixed bugs.

Two biggest things that are stopping tfs from going forward are lack of spoonfeeding new users like in the past and no support for newest game versions. With these two satisfied you could have lots of testers, just saying.

Last edited:
Backing to OTservs today, any release date for a stable version? or that commit are "stable" to make an ot now?

Seems like the only thing really waiting to be done is the icon. Everything else marked is pretty much ready for merger, we got one milestone that just needs a review, one that says its waiting on changes that have already been done, one that looks like the fix was found, but then the pr was closed for no apparent reason (unless im mistaking and the pr didn't fix the issue), at least from what I read of the conversations on each pr. Then the last one left is the icon...

The Forgotten Server 1.4: Release date, Changes, Features​

'The Forgotten Server' version 1.4 is an engine based on OpenTibia Server and unlike, anything you've ever seen before. While most modern engines are overloaded with lots of features, 'The Forgotten Server' stands out and offers stability. It also adopts the features of former OtLand premium exclusive 'The Forgotten Server 0.4'. It even involves new ways to create mods - scripts folder and event callbacks.

'The Forgotten Server', starting from version 1.0 through very strict reviews is one of the best engines available to the public due to its ability to balance performance with new features. And though it does have some flaws, you must certainly give it a shot. If you have seen its early versions and had good time playing it, you're probably wondering if it will return with a new version. To know more about the possibilities of its renewal, move on to the next section.

The Forgotten Server 1.4: Release Date: When will it premiere?​

The Forgotten Server 1.2 premiered on Oct 22, 2016, and with a total of 35 changes, with most recent at Feb 21, 2017. Developed by Mark Samman, ‘The Forgotten Server’ is a project that reached over 800 forks on GitHub. Its first release was not too popular and lacked important features such as item attributes and support for mods but despite that, its version 1.4 has already been green-flagged by its creators.

As of now, the next version is still in production and its creators have not announced any official dates for its release. The good news for the fans of the server is that its creators are also working on new features for the server. Although not published as full-fledged pull requests, they're being actively worked on.

The Otland's official administrator posted: "when contributors help us close issues marked for 1.4 milestone."

When will TFS 1.4 be released?
The answer is: when contributors help us close issues marked for 1.4 milestone.
- Don Daniello (Otland) May 16, 2020

The Forgotten Server Icon:​

An official icon of ‘The Forgotten Server’ is not available yet, but the competition for a new icon took place. Though the winner wasn't announced officially, you can see who won by checking the poll results in the voting thread.

The Forgotten Server Project:​

The project started out as a fork of the OpenTibia Server project. It has a repository on GitHub and is open for everyone to contribute. It is a free and open-source MMORPG server emulator that uses C++ as it main language, although the server content can be created using Lua scripts.

Though the repository lists OTClient as official way to connect to the server, there are various other clients, including one written in unity, one in flash and plenty of closed source ones. The player can connect as long as his client follows the communication protocol specified by the server.

OTClient​

OTClient is an open source client designed to work with The Forgotten Server and plenty of other OpenTibia Server projects. It was created by Edubart and posted as GitHub repository at November 8 2010 with initial commit containing classic "hello world" main file written in C++.

Even after 10 full years, the client still lacks plenty of important optimizations, features and support for the newest protocols causing the players to use unofficial clients. Fortunately this is actively being worked on with Mehah continuing Edubart's legacy. Though the release date of the optimized version of protocol 12 OTClient is not clear yet, the client was announced by Mehah himself.

OpenTibia Server​

Opentibia is a project that started around 20 years ago with an initiative to create an open source MMORPG game inspired by Tibia. Throughout the years it provided various tools to the community, namely the server, the first map editor and plenty of utilities to work with and connect to the servers.

Though OpenTibia group repositories on github are inactive, the legacy is being carried on. The name of the idea, although shortened to OT or OTS, still lives among the new tools created by the community.

Read More: The Forgotten Server 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back