• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.2

Whi World Engine organizing is completed. That's pretty much it, just wanted to get this thing over with to continue with new stuff.

Damage system:
Lot of things got changed, lets hope it all works and some combinations won't cause players to be immune or get 1 shotted :D

Death system:

When you die, most items you carry in your bag can end up in your corpse.

When you complete final quest of the game (kill demon skeleton), death penalty will get severe.
Not only you will loose upgrades, but your item stats will also degrade! (you can "repair" them with tokens)

I've got a problem in the tutorial where the NPC asks me to look at him to start a conversation.
I can only look at him trough the battle window but not directly. Neither can I look at the stones in order to pass this room.

I've got a problem in the tutorial where the NPC asks me to look at him to start a conversation.
I can only look at him trough the battle window but not directly. Neither can I look at the stones in order to pass this room.
Fixed the issue.

Technical stuff
Slow week, only spent like 1 day doing something for Whi World xD
In that day I created json file for auto completing my global functions. (the ones I sorted)

This auto-completion shows me what does function do and writes example parameters when I choose it.
Also created some custom autocomplete code lines.

On the pictures as you can see from first 2 letters it is suggesting me what I want. By pressing enter I get the 2nd picture.
With tab* keyboard button I navigate between variables (key > value > table) and end up in middle of loop on 4th tab.
Quite comfy stuff, what prolly every sublime user already had from the start :D
If anyone uses Visual Studio Code and wants the json file then ask me.
If you want to make your own custom autocompletes, search in YouTube "how to make custom snippets in Visual Studio Code"
r2njg6.jpg
2qa8c9y.jpg

Today I start scripting the PVP Event!

And this is how it begins :D

Last edited:
Fixed some more bugs in Whi World.

Also you now can kind of install IP changer from website (i give the link as text, which you need to copy)
https://static.otland.net/ipchanger.exe
I know its annoying, but this seems to be the only way right now, else my website gets blocked again..

Created Whi World Discord channel again, because been asked if I had that 3 times now xD
When I had it before for like 4 months, nobody cared :D
I guess times have changed and other more popular servers had made this a habit.
Here is the code or wutever: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

So I picked up few map areas from downloaded maps and sew them together.
I knew I wanted to make big one, but when I finally zoomed out, that map is huge!!

Things I need to do now:
Find all items with itemAID and uniqueID.
Find all equipable items and record their positions.
Find all doors, holes, stairs and ladders and make sure all of them work.
Find all dead ends and put rewards there.
Find all closed areas and open them.

I use scripts to work with uniqueID's and itemAID's.
I also can somewhat take care of doors, holes, stairs and ladders automatically.
However finding dead ends and closed areas and all those equipment items what are placed on maps are going to be pretty dank task to work on.

Would anyone here willing to explore the map with me and help me to record the map and improve it?
You will get god speed and teleportation rune.
With command !map insert_msg you write me a report which I can look into and act accordingly.

A backpack turns into a backpack token after I put them inside another backpack. I had to relog to equip the right one and pass this part of the tutorial.
But spears aren't damaging the Tutorial Orb after breaking the walls with an enchanted sword.

A backpack turns into a backpack token after I put them inside another backpack. I had to relog to equip the right one and pass this part of the tutorial.
But spears aren't damaging the Tutorial Orb after breaking the walls with an enchanted sword.
I will improve bag tutorial next.
In recent updates bags turn to token bags automatically when moved inside containers.
Because in Whi World you cant have bags in bags unless its some kind of special bag.
Right now NPC only tells you, how to turn token bag back to bag if you haven't completed your requirements when trying to continue.

I will make it mention it right away that you can turn token bags to bags with browse field option.
Also I will update the token bags to be able to turn them into bags only with onUse too.
+ I add the guide how to do it on token bags too (if config help messages are not turned off)

About spears not damaging tutorial orb. Yep, I fail.. Fixed first thing after I wake up.
I will make Empire Event map update tomorrow. Along with it, I bring the bug fixes.

Btw, you can skip tutorial by climbing over broken window at the first room and then climbing down near the map edge.

Btw, you can skip tutorial by climbing over broken window at the first room and then climbing down near the map edge.
Haha, nice. :D
The tutorial is a lot better already btw, seems more fun than it used to be. But good to know! Incase I'd like to try different vocations.
And my bad about the tokens. Browse field option actually sounds nice and fitting for this.

Last edited:
But good to know! Incase I'd like to try different vocations.
You can change vocation in game any time near the same statues, they are located in forgotten village, just know at higher levels it will start costing magic dust.

Although there is secret in tutorial which nobody has noticed yet. But i wouldn't rly waste time on it, because that is hard to notice xD

I just woke up, in few hours I will improve the server and then update it. (i will double post then)

EDIT:
Nice fail xD
few minutes after doing this post I left home and came back home like 10 hours later :D

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.2.4

Empire Event:
Added lot of free respawneable items into containers
Added lot of chest rewards on dead ends (there are 3 different chest tiers)
Fixed lot of holes, passages, stairs, etc

God Items:
All god items now have description what it does and how to use it.
Teleporting rune now can be used on urself to make your onLook to teleport there

Commands:
improved !climb up command.
You no longer have to face above platform direction to climb there.
Now the direction is chosen automatically, all you have to do is stand below the hole when you climb up.

Tutorial:
Been fixing and improving several tutorial rooms again.

Last edited:
Empire Event launch estimation and features.

Currently I'm still working on the map, setting down rewards on map and fixing all map bugs.
I think it will take me about 10 more hours of that. (after all I'm going into every map corner and that map is huge!)

Then I need to figure out how I set down monsters.
I most likely will automate it (like I do with item rewards), so that every event would be different.
I estimate about 5 hours of research and then 2 hours to make actual script for automation and then another 2 hours to improve it.

Question regarding monsters.
1. Should I make new monsters for Empire Event? If yes then how many?
Currently I have 19 different monsters to use from Whi World.
Should take into consideration that every monster can take like 1 hour to create (because you know me, I don't make boring monsters)

Another thing is to script and change a map for NPC's and their houses.
I would need to make new spells for NPC's too, but I think I keep them simple.
I guess I have 3 different tiers of NPC's which would prolly take around 4 hours
Then would need to test them in combat and balance them. (hopefully some of you can share your time by killing npc's)
That would take maybe around 2 hours

After the combat thing for NPC's is ok, have to configure the shop and find a good balance between item prices and security cost.
That is simply time consuming activity, 3 hours. (this includes the npc protection feature)

Making of npc missions and tasks, will take me like 8 hours to automate entire system to generate them for all npc's.
Hopefully I can balance the rewards and make them meaningful, because this is 1 core of this event.

About the housing and such, I will not bring the house building for this event yet. I have no clue how to balance it + it will take me like another 20 hours to comb trough map to make sure, all the resources can be gathered and players have tools for them.

Also I'm not going to use the idea of making monsters give experience as of right now, because I already have problems balancing everything else.

Then I need to sort out, how am I going to make skillTree work for both Empire Event and Whi World, so they both work correctly when you leave and join Empire Event.

Finally I need to make player bots with all possible player spell combinations (player spells are not generated with spell creating system)
And give them somewhat good AI to survive as long as possible if player is offline and monsters attacking you.

If all goes well by 11th July I should start working on player bots.
There will be few more nitty gritty things after player bots (like event ending and event rewards), but when all goes according to plan.
There is possibility that event is launched 14th July

Could you link or give another brief description of how this war event will be played? I recall you writing about it before. But I don't quite remember the details.

Empire Event

To register into event you step inside a portal which is located in Forgotten Village depot.
You are then randomly teleported nearby any of the 3 towns in Empire map.
Your original items are stripped and you are left with 1 backpack which has 40 slots in it. (you can not take it off)
Weight is set to 10k (compared to 1k in Whi World map)
You loose all your levels, skills and buffs.
You will get 3 leather items and a wand
When you logout in event, you are then teleported back to Forgotten Village, but you leave behind a bot on the Empire map.
You will regain your Whi World map items, levels and skills. (no buffs)

In Empire Event your goal is to be last player remaining.
You loose if you die or your bot dies (when you log out)

To defend yourself, there are lot of equipment and upgrade items around the map. Some are simply free to loot, some you can only loot once per day.
Also monsters drop items.

To boost your character strength you need complete NPC missions and tasks.
Missions and tasks are same as in original world, expect both also reward player with money and experience.
Although experience is shared troughout the world. This means everyone in PVP event are always same level.
Tasks and levels reward players will skillpoint.
Skill Tree is same as in original world, but here redoing a task will reward you with skillpoint again.

Some NPC's will sell you offline protection, but once you buy it and log out in the defined zone, you will start paying them automatically per hour.
When you run out of money or NPC is killed, you can be attacked again.

To make money to afford NPC protection, you do missions and tasks or sell items to them.

I hope I mentioned everything, let me know if somebody remembers something I forgot to mention.

Today I finished configurating monster spawns. There 1710 monsters in Empire Event.

However even though it was huge progression for this event and I'm currently on schedule, I decided to postpone this event for another week.
With that time I will create Battle Royale event and try to test it already this weekend!

More information on this thread: Battle Royale in tibia?

Well last weekend was quite busy afterall. This week is much more promising by the looks of it.
You can expect new advertisement thread for Battle Royale event soon.

If you join either Royale or Whi World discord chat you will be invited to Royale event pre launch.

Thanks to Wurmskull playing Whi World, several general bugs have been fixed.
I will make patch notes about all the changes when Royale Event is ready.
(current Live Whi World version: Patch 0.1.6.2.9)

Tomorrow I will make patch notes.

But I want to talk about something serious again.
Whi World progress will slow down a lot for couple of months.
I got a job.
However its not some kind of random job (I wouldn't take something like that)
Unfortunately its not programming either, which would benefit my Whi World.
I am going to be economic software engineer in technology company called "ABB Group".
But then again such experience would surely benefit how to market my project.

Most likely this project will start growing in speed around September.
Whi World progress has always been either about me spending lot of time or money.
Now starts the time where I won't have much time, but I'm going to have money.

God damit, time is so limited.
Whi World will be offline.
If I get time I will put it online later tonight, if not it will happen next weekend.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.3.1

Battle Royale Event:
This is a stand alone PVP event with minimum 2 players.
Average match lasts 8 minutes.
When match starts, you are teleported to random Royale map location with tier 0 bag and tier 0 weapon.
In event you look for items: equipment(weapons, armor, bags), runes, food
Your goal is to be the last player surviving.
Purple fire, which deals damage if you on it, starts expanding from map corners as soon as event starts.

Weapons:
Improved weapon system.

Commands:
!royale - registers into Battle Royale

Tutorial:
Players now start as level 2

Whi World PATCH 0.1.6.3.2

Lot of bug fixes, going to mentioned only most relevant.

I need to do huge damageSystem rework at some point, but idk when I get time for this.
Problem is, currently I can't effectively check how much damage creature is about to do, to certain different creature.
Instead I simply pass the base damage with few paramaters to onHealthChange creaturescript and that will do the rest.
In future I want to remove all the important calculations from onHealthChance creaturescript.

Battle Royale Event:
Fixed the bug which caused server crash sometimes on player death
(Didn't rly change anything, but apparently TFS does not like to get event return values directly from functions.)

fire is now going trough sewer holes too

more houses are now connected on rooftops. Allowing more paths to escape from fire when you are surrounded

Items:
loot bag:
You no longer gain weight when you take item out of lootbag
Containers in general: You can only turn registered bags into token bags.

Weapons:
Projectiles which can be equipped to ammo slot can now be auto-picked even when your bag is full.

Monsters:
Several monster loot has been changed (and fixed, staged loot did not work)
Fixed monster final damage (minimum damage they will deal, if they have any set)

Skeleton: Fixed ability which increased skeleton attack strength when they picked up specific bones
Cyclops: stun spell has chance to not stun you when you have high defence powers (armor, res, defence, barrier)

Crafting:
Fixed bug where crafting items which required tool charges did not take charges.

NPC's:
Tonka: Now sells unbugged pickaxes

Map:
Several objects on map can no longer be moved

Unfixed:
uneatable food:
I could not find a root cause how player could of obtain a food what could not be eaten.
Drinking game vial: Once again 1 of the drinks was moved, but I can not figure out how was it done.
Skillpoint reset: I had no issues resetting skillpoints and changing vocations.

I really hope this goes out of beta some day. How many years has it been? xD
Sadly, I can't seem to motivate myself to play already. Even though I'm very curious to see all the server's got to offer.

Back