• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Past, Present and Future.

Gona hit ya with wall of text now xD, because Whi World lore is creeping in, while I'm making Patch Notes.

Yesterday-yesterday(2 days ago) I was hunting new bandits with Sixten. Not gona go into details here, but few highlights.
DRUIDS ARE OP! Even though I suck with mage, compared to MissCeline or Fruit, I died 2 times and Sixten(druid) didn't have to even come to town to restock on food. xD

We completed NPC LIAM MISSION! I had such a blast with that xD, that, The way the npc currently walks after player and whines every time you too fast, is just too hilarious. (I will fix it, when its no longer funny. Huehue)

And top it all off we looted: Stone Shield, Stone Armor, yashiteki, mage spell deathii for me!! ! !! ! ! !! !!

------

Yesterday morning I was hunting on my (knight) with Ownage (knight), we also went for the new bandits in Hehemi.

We had much harder time as knight for sure xD.
But if you ask me, it was very doable, if you watch out for certain things. I got 5 skillpoints btw with knight xD (if you know anything about skillpoints, you know this means I have only completed few tasks in forest with knight)

Overall we still looted, 4 spells mend, sparkiii and deathiii and deathiii xD (my god stop with that deathiii RNG) and ofcourse an item, gribit shield

We didn't get far with exploring though xD

Then we also went for cyclops mountain, but Ownage doesn't know how to fight cyclopses yet, so we died before we got to boss room xD (he forgot to take food with him too :D)

-------

Yesterday night, Things got rather hectic. There were more player corpses than I have 1 name monsters in Whi World xD

4 new players got out of the tutorial room, into Whi World.
And o boy, let the death fest begin.

I am still so proud! they still completed Forest guest their own, at the end of the day.
2cqzcsx.jpg

snp7ja.jpg

14wes2c.jpg

2unzrc6.jpg

2cxia7s.jpg

315lkl2.jpg

2v0ml5i.jpg

15clor9.jpg

28jmad.jpg

qquzvn.jpg

2zy9d1z.jpg

dcsgsm.jpg

2i2bgg4.jpg

2md9wn.jpg

-----

Future.
New quest comes soon what is harder than anything you have seen before.
Players can now prepare for quest with the current tools given. (Saw, Hammer)
There is no hints in game how to do it right now, but they can be used on specific things.

New skillTree is on the Way, This will bring in another possible way to balance and make it more unique to customize your character.

NPC system 4.0
This shall bring the Customized lore and feel to the game and advanced QuestLog and sets ground to new Feature what will highlight Patch 0.1.5 - Reputation system

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.6
Containers can longer be placed inside other containcers.

1. NPC's:
Cook: removed baker mission (comes back in far future)

2. Monsters:
White Deer: Fixed stun (again) and hopefully doesn't crash when player finds white deer
Cyclops: Fixed stun (again)

3. Map:
Fixed mountain edge where players could of climb down to new content.
added new hardcore path.
Added new exploration location. (Hehemi)

4. Quests:
Hehemi Quest added: New boots are rewarded for players who complete the impossible :D

5. Vocation:
Knight: Health and mana regeneration from food increased by 1.

6. Construction:
Players can now build bridges on designated locations.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.6 HOTFIX
Containers can longer be placed inside other containcers.

Party:
Fixed bug where players in party did not get tasks together.

Items > potions:
fixed bug where "Tier 1 Mage potion" added 110% mana instead of taking 10% mana.

Items > equipment:
fixed bug where Precision Robe did not give +1 magic level

Tasks and skillpoints:
Fixed bug where taskmaster did not unlock random task (well it did, but the order was predefined and restarted on each crash)
You can now remove all skillpoints at once.

Spells:

Heat: Formula changed from [L*10+mL*15+100] to [L*10+mL*13+100]
Shiver:
Formula changed from [L*10+mL*15+100] to [L*10+mL*13+100]
Barrier:
Formula changed from [L*6+mL*4+sLs*10 + 200] to [L*5+mL*2+sLs*15 + 200]
Heal:
Formula changed from [L*12 + mL*10 + 50] to [L*10 + mL*2 + sLs*6 + 50]
Mend:
Formula changed from [L*5 + mL*10 + sls*20] to [L*5 + mL*4 + sls*14]
ArmorUp:
Armor formula changed from [L*mL + 50] to [L*2 + sLs*5 + mL*2 + 50]
ArmorUp:
Duration formula changed from [L*0,2 + mL + 5] to [L*0 + mL*0.5 + 7]
ArmorUp:
Cooldown changed from [10] to [12]
Strike:
Cooldown changed from [7] to [6]

NPC's:
Reduced NPC's walking speed.
Fixed NPC Liam mission, when you failed, you could no longer try again.

Commands:
Added new command: !commands
Shows all available commands for your character.

Map:
added more visual hints towards the last quest.
Added light to Hehemi. (Bandit Mountain Level 2)

Monsters > loot:
Archanos Saw drop changed changed from [25%] to [55%]
Archanos Saw quality changed from [20 uses] to [8 uses]

Monster stats and spells:
Bandit Rogue BackStab spell gained small damage buff.
Borthonos HP doubled!

Last edited:
I thought this OT wasn't going to be good but the little bit I played was amazing. This guy really knows how to make an enjoyable server! If you haven't tried WhiOT yet, you're missing out!

I thought this OT wasn't going to be good but the little bit I played was amazing. This guy really knows how to make an enjoyable server! If you haven't tried WhiOT yet, you're missing out!
Idea:
What do you think about this idea for my game? Since you have played it a little.
Did you notice that when you got full gear and get additional items, its getting hard to carry your profit to town, because cap and empty slots are REAL DEAL zD?

The idea is this: Fishing.
When you drop equipment items to non_ocean_water (water is not connected with map edge)
Then you have default 20% chance to fish that item out with fishing rod as long as its the same water spot.

Example: You farming items on top of the mountain, you get like 4 items but you have cap/room to carry only 1 to town.
You drop 3 items in the water on top of mountain and then carry 1 of it to town.
then you take out fishing rod with 10 charges and go under the mountain where you just farmed (there is less to fight with, but I make it so that monsters patrol that area so you wont be blocking their respawn, making fishing a lil more interesting)
With 10 charges you average chance to get 2 items out of water, but it may as well be you lucky day where you get with just first 3 swings xD or epic unluck where you get nothing.

Fishing iems will also increase fishing level.

Some extra though when I make idea happen:
currently there is no fishes in game yet, but I might add few new food types to game
What should first fish give?
more mana or more hp? what vocation is lacking better food?
currently I got only:
apple, meat and ham (+the 3 dishes what are a lil better)

Next Patch 0.1.3.7
Anyway, this week I'm gona spend upgrading server to TFS 1.2
There seems to be 1200 files I'm going to go over with.
While doing that I upgrade my existing scripts.
Yes that means I'm going rewrite the spellCreating and monster AI system once more! (I hope it takes me like day or 2)

update brings newer client: 10.77 (I don't really care about that, because custom client will come and eventually all sprites will be changed)
update brings potential more errors xD (im not gona test every freaking script.. that's what the beta is for xD)
update fixes diagonal moving (remember these dummy fights where you stepped on open ground but ended up on fire? yeah.. these ones.. fixing it)
update HOPEFULLY fixes the dieing crashing error (but im 33% convinced they will stop xD, don't worry though, I have a plan how to fix it if TFS 1.2 does not do the trick)

And that is all.. yeah pretty crappy update from player perspective, but has to be done and I guess it will take me ~2 weeks.

After that I'm going create the skillTree with first ideas I have written down on this thread previously. > SkillTreePost <

Last edited:
I'd love that idea but on a global way.

Everyone can throw items on water, everyone can fish everyitem :p

I'd love that idea but on a global way.

Everyone can throw items on water, everyone can fish everyitem :p
that was the point :D.

Fishers can just loot other player items who have discarded their looted items to water.
item-farmers might have had plan to fish these items by their own later, but that river or water-whatnot area can be huge and item-farmers might not see that fishers looting their items xD

And water might be connected with different hunting spots, so the variety of fishable items can be vary.
You might as well be trying to fish up your tier 2 weapon, but get a tier 3 weapon, because water was connected with stronger content hunting spot, but you are not strong enough to even farm there.

that was the point :D.

Fishers can just loot other player items who have discarded their looted items to water.
item-farmers might have had plan to fish these items by their own later, but that river or water-whatnot area can be huge and item-farmers might not see that fishers looting their items xD

And water might be connected with different hunting spots, so the variety of fishable items can be vary.
You might as well be trying to fish up your tier 2 weapon, but get a tier 3 weapon, because water was connected with stronger content hunting spot, but you are not strong enough to even farm there.
Dunno about tiers, but i agree about connected waters. I would have a default one ( ocean) and then every lake would have a different one. But fishing on random spots of the area will get random item thrown on that area.

Dunno about tiers, but i agree about connected waters. I would have a default one ( ocean) and then every lake would have a different one. But fishing on random spots of the area will get random item thrown on that area.
yep.

the tiers are just for me to keep track of weapon rarity. doesn't necesearly mean higher tier is better. (it still come downs to the build you want to make and how you want to play your vocation)

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.7
Prepare for lot of tiny errors, upgraded TFS from [1.0] to [1.2]

Items > equipment:
Wands can now be used by knight for cost of mana. Wands perform better in general and got unnoticeable buff.
In (patch 0.1.6) this will allow another cool build if you are smart enough to figure it out :p
Melee weapons used by Mages or Druids will reduce their physical damage by 50.

Commands:
Improved GOD commands.

Map:
removed player personal statue - seems there won't be anyone completing server before next update comes along, pointless to keep updating the statue requirements every time.

Changing diagonal movements failed, but there is yet hope, in few days going to try again (this time no need to rewrite scripts, just my .exe file changes)

Well, most the initial errors and high priority ones are now fixed, from solo testing I haven't found any new ones.
Although I'm far from done.

Would be great help if new and old players join my server to play this weekend. Just by playing you already helping me to see what is working and what is not working.
On top of that if you could give feedback then its even better, because I have to think 8 more talent tree skill effects.

Yeah!, patch 0.1.5 stuff are on the making!

If here are players(reading this post) who enjoy PVE custom servers, then could you sacrifice few hours to play on my server? Even if you were just following this thread to see when your desired update comes along. Currently this is the best time you could benefit me the most, just by playing and really, it would speed up my progress right now.

I'm not going to do patch note or anything about that, but thank you for playing today.
Because of that found new errors and fixed them:
Peeter shop system fixed.
Peeter firecamp mission fixed.
Exploring rewards fixed.
error when using power on creature escape added. (aka I don't get error and nothing happens when power is used on creature)

Meanwhile.
new SkillTree system is 80% ready. (tomorrow going to finish it and then starting to script effects in)

Finished skill Tree system today and started scripting the skill effects. Going to continue tomorrow, going to read some manga and play some heartstone and lurk in my server now.

x - means that skillPower is stackable.
green color means: completed
black color means: not started
red color means: skipped
purple color means: no point to make it yet.

furbish wand - Adds x damage to each wand hit.

mental power - Energy damage reduces target physical damage by x%. debuff lasts 10 seconds on target.

liquid fire - Fire damage deals x% extra fire damage after every 2 seconds. debuff lasts 10 seconds.

green powder - Earth damage applies debuff to target: Increases earth damage taken by x%. debuff lasts 3 seconds.

thunderstruck - Physical damage deals extra energy damage based on formula: base physical damage - 300 * x

juicy magic - Increase mana pool by x

measuring mind - Ice type spells cost -x mana. Fire type spells cost +x mana.

measuring soul - Death type spells cost -x mana. Energy type spells cost +x mana.

sharpening weapon - Swords/maces/axes deal x% damage more per hit

crushing strenght - Physical weapon damage applies debuff on target: Increases energy damage taken by x%.

tactical strike - Your hits have x% chance to increase armorUp spell duration by 1 sec.

accurate strike - critical hit chance increase by x%.

hit and run - Physical damage has x% chance to increase player speed by 25 for 5 seconds.

weapon scabbard - Increases player cap by 30.

bladed shield - Increases equipped shield defense value by x

bladed armor - Increases player armor by x.

power of love - Heal spells give x% more HP.

mediation - Reduces !barrier, !armorup and !heal spell cost by x%.

these effects are direct copy pastes from skillTree table.
If you dislike effect name or effect text has typo or is not understandable make some noise!
If you have skillPower idea, you would like to see in my server, please don't hesitate to post about it.

Last edited:
Hey, ichimadu here, you changed the version to 10.77?
yes.

Updated above post and some additions made to game:

new damage type added to game: Spectrum damage
This type of damage is added to all the wands. Even though the wand deals: earth, death, energy, ice and fire damage at once, it does not proc any additional effect from these general types of damages.
However if now one you see item or skill or where ever thing, where is written effect:
"Spectrum Damage chains to additional target" - that would mean that only spectrum damage will chain not earth or ice etc.
Or if you see effect:
"converts your death damage to spectrum damage" - this would mean, that your damage will be divided into 5 energy types and called as a Spectrum damage. The previous death type will no longer proc effects what require death damage, but can now can proc effects what require spectrum effects.

Hopefully I was clear enough with the new damage type xD

Updated spellBook: SpellBook is now dynamical
This means that, when you use skills what reduce manaCost or items what increase damage or you have buff on. SpellBook automatically updates with the latest information of your character.

Additional button added to SpellBook: Formula
This will pop up the detailed Information how specific modifiers are calculated.

Instead of previously shown formula there is now damage range of the spell automatically calculated. So you don't have to do numberCrunching on your own calculator.
MORE EVEN when item or some effect alters your spell it is also automatically calculated for you!

new detail added to all spells: spell type.
spell types can be: energy, death, spectrum, ice, fire, etc.

Plx a clap. Took me entire day to make this spellBook as amazing it is now!

Today going to update server with new fixes:

some unknown issue with fluids. (haven't checked into it yet what is causing the error)
player:getData() return wrong value in new bandits.
Going to make the barrier debuff effect appear on player more often, so its easier to notice when you have that debuff on.
Fixing the problem where new bandits can lockDown player entirely. (having speedbuff and debuff at the same time, was a little problematic, going to improve spellCreating system conditions applying)
fixing spell heal! my god druids , so sorry xD
adding nil error escapes to environmental map changes.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.8
TFS updated once again, Diagonal movements are slightly better, but not removed, because yeah, I'm not that good, it might be client sided too.
But this now final, no more SICK overmakes, if bug is getting fixed once then its fixed for looong time.
This patch is pretty much the same like previous just with LOT OF FIXES.
But there is only as many as players have found them.

Below im going to bring out only the latest changes what were made yesterday today and major changes what i think i should mention again. Since not every follow this thread daily and just keep checking patch notes time to time.

Items > equipment:
fixed bug where players could not equip Kaiju Wall wand.

Spells:
opaldef: fixed - It didn't do **** before
rubydef: fixed - It didn't do **** before
sapphdef: fixed - It didn't do **** before
SpellBook is updated. it is now calculating formulas for you

Boss Room:
You can now enter boss Room >.> <.< >.<

NPC's:
stop pushing Tonka :'c
What did he ever do to you?
Tonka is immune to pushing now. ..

Minigames:
Players can now enter minigame and play it.

Monsters:
Monster AI updated. They have now attackspeed faster than TFS allowed before xD
This means some monsters might do more damage than previously.
Also their regular damage is now in monster AI this means they don't "waste" their attacks.
So pretty much server just got harder xD

---------------------------------------------------
Ok so this seems like a "meh" patch notes.
But there is something else I have completed.
SkillTree system is READY! But wait! don't get all exited yet.
This will be released Patch 0.1.4.1

now you are like "huh wtf??" - right?
Well as you see this patch is called 0.1.3.8
So we seem to be missing something.
What I'm missing is: errorless console window.
As soon as whi world gathers ~20 hours of errorless playtime (SUM of all the players playing the game)
I will release Patch 0.1.4 out officially. (recap of everything what got changed since patch 0.1.3.1 - 0.1.4)
And then I continue pushing new updated out.
As for now 0.1.4.1 is ready and tomorrow I start working on 0.1.4.2

On that note, this weekend I hopefully going to gather team and stream our fun times. I also plan to try hardest quest of my server. Which nobody doesn't even know how to get there :p

Last edited:
Back