• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Still can't get my skill points back :/ guess ill have to make a new char
True that. Another bug has been found.
Going to update server today and find more bugs today.
Also going to fix upgrade stones and cyclops doesn't send orange texts with spell activations even though it does it in test server.
Also going to slowly prepare for this weekend solo-boss fights and few days after that going to try implement only 1 or maybe 2 npc's with the new npc system (just for bug testing, they have pretty sick "brain" you know, gotta make sure it knows its stuff before I delete default npc system and continue make them even better.)

Im going to be annoying and add extra number behind patch note xD
Patch 0.1.4.4 will get lot of updates, because I though why not already start testing what I get ready.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.1

Monsters:
Big Daddy: Buffed cone spell damage, reduced tremor spell cooldown. (falling stones)

Skillpoints:
Another reset has been made to skills. This time trough database (bug was found where skills could been trained)

NPC's:
Task Master:
Testing new NPC system
Tanner:
Testing new trade system and mission system mechanic (in player perspective visually nothing changes unless its bugged)

2mrfm20.jpg
Funny looking script imo. Haven't had so many ifs building such a cone before xD

Important question for all Whi World players.

Currently in my server there hasn't been consistent way of using storage values.
Some values go 1, some -2, some 0, some return another value.
Because of this My questlog always keeps getting broken.

Now the time has come to make it consistent.
When I input new system, old players with old storage values will be bugged.

There is now 2 options for me.
1. Manually write function what changes the storage Value to correspond with new system
2. Reset server*. (put all mission/lore/quest storageValues -1, and player starts from tutorial. But he gets to keep his level and spells, skillpoints, items, etc)

Second would be fairly easy to do.
With first it could take me quite some time. I do have very neat storage Value documentation, but even so there are like hundreds of values.

EDIT:
Eh, if nobody is against i will go with the 2nd option.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, Your server has been bugged since the last skill reset. When people add 3 skill points to either shielding,weapon or magic they grow insane values in those areas. For example i added 3 skill points in magic and it gave me ml 380+ as well as like over 400 skill points

Just an FYI, Your server has been bugged since the last skill reset. When people add 3 skill points to either shielding,weapon or magic they grow insane values in those areas. For example i added 3 skill points in magic and it gave me ml 380+ as well as like over 400 skill points
lol, didnt know that xD
only tested does task master give skill with last patch.

Alright.. seems gotta go for another skill reset and change some numbers.

You should also think about some vocation balacing, because at current stage druid is just way too strong, and mage kind of weak.
After some sillpoints his healing is really strong what gives him great sustain, your magic skill tree basically is buffing only druid, not many things for mage (not too many things at all actually, what would be nice to see so there would be more and unique builds).
Also, druid strike spells ( at least those first ones ) shoot at target while those that mage has don't.

+mage who doesn't know fire magic usage can't be a true mage ;P

You should also think about some vocation balacing, because at current stage druid is just way too strong, and mage kind of weak.
After some sillpoints his healing is really strong what gives him great sustain, your magic skill tree basically is buffing only druid, not many things for mage (not too many things at all actually, what would be nice to see so there would be more and unique builds).
Also, druid strike spells ( at least those first ones ) shoot at target while those that mage has don't.

+mage who doesn't know fire magic usage can't be a true mage ;P
I am doing it slowly every time. If you have followed my patch notes you can see my main nerf target has been druid.

If you say that skillTree only buffing druid then you don't see the powerful skills, what I hid there for mages.
Although the druid seems to get more power from skillTree, but it came with reason.
Mage is very powerful in the endgame, but is quite clunky at early game.
Druid is easy at start of the game, but it felt to me his power is too crappy in the endgame.
Knight is very hard in early game and while he continues playing he is the only class what I feel where it belongs, but very hard to play.

I made skillTree to buff knight and mage early game.
I think I did fine job there. Forest takes less time to complete and player will still learn the lesson. (food is important, items matter)
As it so happens, druids got more direct improvements from skillTree what also help him with early game.

I am aware there is not enough builds in game.
In matter of fact there is only 1 themed build for each vocation:
druid has support build. (powerful mend)
mage has kamikaze build. (sick improvements to barrier) (main item for build is from "you shadow" solo-boss)
knight has armorup build. (failed with that >.>)(I will make these items useful when I create undead dungeon)

Rest of items simply improve the character. some more, some less.
Keep in mind this is very early beta and there is only 3 days worth of content.
My current patch goal is to make the current content out there as a whole and give a face to my server.

All in all, I will chip away some more power from druid next patch then.
Btw, if you don't have 20 skillpoints to spend in skillTree, don't compare yourself with other classes. Get to endgame first.

Even though this looks like double-post, please don't merge it.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.2

Skillpoints:
My GOD!! Why they hate me so much..
Reset the skills again.. fixed bug where TFS hates negative skilltrie values and converts them to millions instead.

SkillTree:
liquid fire: reduced % damage per stack from [8] to [7]
liquid fire:
no longer deals damage to players when pvp is off

SpellBook:
I no longer get error when player with no vocations tries to open spellbook.

Spells:
rubydef:
No longer starts increasing damage taken if resistance is over 100%
opaldef: No longer starts increasing damage taken if resistance is over 100%
sapphdef: No longer starts increasing damage taken if resistance is over 100%

NPC's:
Tanner:
Testing new NPC system

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.3

Skillpoints:
Improved task master task chat generator.

Monsters:
White Deer
: Healing has been improved and all resistance has been increased by 5-15%. Single summoning cooldown has been increased.

Spells:
Heal:
Minimum formula changed from [L*10 + mL*2 + sLs*6 + 50] to [L*5+ mL*1+ sLs*6 + 50]
Heal: Maximum formula changed from [L*11 + mL*3 + sLs*7 + 60] to [L*6+ mL*2+ sLs*7 + 60]
Heat:
Minimum formula changed from [L*10+mL*13+100] to [L*5+mL*12+100]
Heat: Maximum formula changed from [L*12+mL*18+100] to [L*7+mL*17+100]
Shiver: Minimum formula changed from [L*10+mL*13+100] to [L*5+mL*12+100]
Shiver:
Maximum formula changed from [L*12+mL*18+100] to [L*7+mL*17+100]
Mend:
Minimum formula changed from [L*4 + mL*4 + sLs*11] to [L*4 + mL*3 + sLs*10]
Mend:
Maximum formula changed from [L*5 + mL*5 + sLs*14] to [L*5 + mL*4 + sLs*13]

NPC's:
Priest:
Testing new NPC system
Cook: Testing new NPC system
Shops can be used now >.> Changed the way they work.

Loot:
improved loot system. monsters who drop more than 1 spell, can now have individual drop chances on different spell scrolls

Party:
Fixed bug where party leader sometimes did not get task count.

Map:
Fixed bug where players could not use ladders when cyclops stone is on the same tile.

Hosted yer stream yesterday, it was entertaining to see you guys test out your systems I really liked that undead draggy boss ^_^

Last edited:
I tried hard today to release new patch, but 10 hours straight scripting wasn't enough and I'm tired now. I update tomorrow.
I was able to fix all bug found yesterday.
Finished npc smith.
Reworked exploringMission System to trackingMission System with new improvements and perks i have learned.
Converted trackingMission System to NPC System.
Converted Vial of Water Collecting mission into tracking mission.
Almost Finished Tonka! But making something VERY FANCY FANCY to him. This new improvement will take few hours to script so that is the reason I'm going to update server tomorrow.

Anywho ima relax now and watch forum, read some mangas, look youtube, check my server, etc.

BTW: I have been keeping the post 1 up to date quite often If you want to see a little bigger picture how I have been doing past few weeks or so.

> GO TO POST 1 <

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.4

Monsters:
White Deer
: Resistances has been increased 10% more

NPC's:
Smith:
Testing new NPC system
Tonka: Testing new NPC system
Fixed bug where shop did not upgrade, when mission was completed for NPC.
Fixed bug where new NPC failed to generate chat correctly for missions what required to complete some other missions before.

Loot:
Fixed bug where lootSystem gave errors when summon were killed.
Fixed bug where Cyclops dropped spellScroll with no effect.

Map:
100% chance to put out the fireplace in shadow room.

NEW! Recipe System:
After completing Tonka mission, he will help you to identify herb powders.

2mrfm20.jpg
Funny looking script imo. Haven't had so many ifs building such a cone before xD

Do you realize you could've made that script much easier to read by joining the if-conditions into one if?

Do you realize you could've made that script much easier to read by joining the if-conditions into one if?
i don't think that, the order of each function might one day matter.
Also if have them in all one if, doesn't it mean it will execute all the functions?
This isn't big deal but wasted computing power imo.

I have NEVER seen or heard of a modern language (that had if statements) that didn't have short-circuit evaluation, so this:
Code:
if cond1 then
    if cond2 then
        doSth()
    end
end

is EXACTLY IDENTICAL to this:

Code:
if cond1 and cond2 then
    doSth()
end

Back