• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

History Page 4

2015 April - Improved NPC's, skill system

[30.04.2015]
Completely changed Scaling system, but result is same.
Should put less stress on server and every monster has his individual scaling (It was broken before xD, all monster used same scale)

Added extra module to NPC system what calculates all empty slots in player bag and then compares it with items he wants to buy, to see if he has enuf room.
(before it took the money but gave no items if you had no room, trol)

Fixed new skillCalculation ssytem for players who played before Patch 0.1.2 Update. (resetted skills)

Added 4 hints around the world about Potion recipes

Started making Cyclops quest.

refactored KeyRing (nothing visual for players, but for me it takes now 5 lines to make keys and it automatically updates all modalwindows and effects and whatever.

[29.04.2015]
I have been "testing" the game always every day now for few hours.
And i feel its more like playing other than testing.
I'm quite proud what i have achieved so far, i feel like I'm playing the game i dream of playing.
Since now i stop this testing update.
I might do updates as in form of "my whi world life thread" or simply bump this thread with my achievements or tests in game.

If one day i start vocations from lvl 1 again (after completed game with druid)
then im prolly not going update this post anyway. If anything then i will make "my whi world life thread".

Hotfixed the vial of water issue, where it tried to automatically drink the water after he just created it.

[28.04.2015]
New spell for Rabbit, he now jumps!
Making it more interesting and random to catch rabbit now. (and carrots has reasonable value :3)
Browsing field is disbaled - Stop being too smart and breaking my game!! xD
Thx for letting me know of this trick Hugo Widh.

[27.04.2015]
Cooking system is now working.
Some food types can be upgraded with herb powder.
Some food types can be mixed with eachother.

[21.04.2015]
Finished new skill system.
Players can now remove and add skillpoints.
Players get points after completing task.
Each day 1 random monster task can be redone (if you have completed it before)
Each day 1 random boss task can be redone (if you have completed it before)
There is no longer a certain hour you have to wait before you can do task again and no max level limit.
Minimum level limit still remains (you get all tasks open at lvl 4)

Skillpoints now give % amount of skilltries (yeah you don't get level per point, you get skill exp per point)
Prolly 1 day will do the same % exp reward for missions and quests. So people can't get easy levels with help from friend just by doing 1 mission what gives considerable more exp than early game missions.

[20.04.2015]
Started working on new skill System.
Also planning to change Task System tomorrow.
I will give more info when ready.

Changed items around again. So annoying option of items with client 10.41
So looking forward to turn it into custom client.
Not sure when, but the sooner the better.
Prolly starting from Patch 0.2.x

Fixed iron ore Weight xD derp 50'oz per iron ore xD that typo while setting weight :D

I was able to play with someone!! at the end of the day i sat down with friend and played for few hours. He was Knight i was Druid.
We went to cyclops mountain. I got there with full hp and mana (all my 5 vial of waters was out though) and he used all his waters and had like 100 mana if i recall. but we had meat.
We spammed some bosses then! xD
I will add more hp and increase the resistance on boss. Too Easy! xD
we killed boss ~4 times then we ran out of food.
But we looted all the headpiece items boss could drop. UPGRADE !! :D
on the way back we died though xD
these cyclopses are no joke :p
well we went back to cylopses again to farm legs and spells and iron ores.
WE both managed to get enough iron ores to fail countless times in minigame and got rewarded with minigame herb.
From cyclopses with both got out vocation spells :D NICE improvement once again.
Also my friend looted new legs. I didn't :| i guess time to go farm them some day again.

To finish the day off nicely, we went and killed the white deer in deep forest.
i only took 2 vial of waters with me, because pfft its easy forest.
But 1 i used to mix with red flower.

I knew i buffed the deep forest and made more creatures there, but didn't think it will have so big change.
i ended up with 300 hp and 100 mana while 4 bears coming from each direction xD
good thing my friend is tank and could of tank them, but even he was loosing health rapidly.

Then i remembered i brought vial of water and used it on myself, but what ended up happening is i missed myself. and spilled the water on floor. SUCH FAIL XD

and yeah that was funny moment i was running there with 100 hp and no mana.
luckily we looted meat and i was able to sustain the few hits without pulling too much new creatures onto us.

and then we proceeded to deer and died soon after killing white deer.

In depot i cheated and looked from script for the formula and made my first Super Potion :D
I will add books or hints what materials will work. (because putting wrong materials together wont give you anything and there are 6 different combinations with each minigame herb)

[19.04.2015]
Fixed the huge server crash problems. (on my sandBox)
While back i changed damage system and remove secondary damage from game.
But i was only doing this in game with god, so i didn't know monsters are broken.
When i finally wanted to test monsters, i started crashing non-stop xD
Problem was that monsters healing spell used Secondary Damage and type.
changed monster healing now.

Brewing System is now very ready, added last potion.
Although no point updating my live server imo. No Players there anyway, who could afford craft a potion (expect me, since i have been only one playing it xD)

refactored stone and gem upgrading.
Stones are now working wrote the receiver in armorSystem.

I started playing Druid yesterday, did the early game part in like ~40-60min
And tested cyclopses and bandits at the same time. After i got full gear from missions I stopped. Today i continued.

Pretty awesome to play now. Quite balanced. (expect skill system, going to do this next)
I'm going to add skillpoints to game next. Right now task master rewards Scale TOO MUCH.
Will make the skillpoints give ~35% of the skillBar. (so always needed 3 skillpoints to level up)

Nerfing herb finding even more next update.
reducing equipment item sell values to NPC's.

Other than that its shaping up real awesome, have had plenty of O M G moments and L O L moments. I wish now to play with someone else too and try bosses. To scrub to solo xD

Tip though: Vial Of Water is WORTH it.

[18.04.2015]
new potion effect added: mage vocation potion
new addEvent Registration system. (nothing visual for players)
but a nice addition for scripters.
i no longer have to worry about running into nil values when i add hundreds of addEvents here and there.
No longer a mess when addEvents overlap it will remove the previous one and replace it with current one IF the execution is EXACTLY the same. (expect duration)
and last but the main reason this system was made! addEvents can be registered DIRECTLY on player. So there wont be some bullshit where other players reset or stop your addEvents.

And all that can be done with 1 line. good times. I'm going to insert the fieldSystem to this new addEvent registration system now.

[17.04.2015]
new system!! debuff system
Pretty badass thing. Currently it holds 2 functions.
player speed can be reduced or increased on each x action.
over time damage can be added to target on each x action.
debuff system also has internal dynamical stacking system!!

new potion effect added: hunter vocation potion

[16.04.2015]
New potion effect added. (druid vocation potion)

[13.04.2015]
Tinkered on my NPC System 3.0 (a fancy name idd) is fixed and ready to be tested again in new patch.

Brewing System is getting >NOICE!< workover. :D
material+material+vial of water=potion
System is ready, now only gotta add potion names and what herbs do i need to create it.

Minigame is ready! Now there are boosts and rewards and point system :p

[12.04.2015]
Still working on miniGame.
Finished making the balls bounce around.
(im not controlling the pattern, i just added restriction where balls cant bounce)
I could already test the minigame.
Quite fun :D Even though its like 10sec game.
I manged to get from 1 side to another once. (out of Lot of attempts xD)
ITS POSSIBLE. all that matterz xD

[11.04.2015]
Started making miniGame for new content (as part of mission)

[02.04.2015]
NPC System 3.0 , they are thinking and every 4 sec they think so hard they make village Lag xD
I will keep trying to polish it, but final outcome should be this:
NPC talk to each other and to players who aren't even interested talking back.
Example: you walk pass Tanner, he wants to sell you something.
Example2: If they have mission for you, If you are around, they ask help from you, Without you having to even talk to them first. How Freaking convenient is that :D !!

Also NPC now hint/suggest things to players when you simply walk away (no longer have to say bye to them to get dat hint)

Added Scaling System to Forest monsters. (the system i made like weeks ago for Cyclopses)
reminder: Scaling System collects number of unique players near monster and depending on that number, Monster HP will scale, Damage will scale, monster gets new spells, etc.

[01.04.2015]
Mage is still hardest vocation atm..
Full gear to go for bandits but just so freaking hard ~2 camps per run
i was lucky to get Kaiju Wall wand from 3rd mage though.

Never the less i will smooth out the transaction once again and buff mages. next update.
Playtime: 1hour and 30min to complete 100% forest area and ~20min trying to figure out how to kill bandits with mages.

After next update i will continue.

added new item to game: arogja hat
key="description" value="when barrier breaks, heal yourself 33% of that barrier value"

new spell scripted "revive", but not going to use that in game for loong time.
revive resurects dead player.

added 2 new items to game: genso fedo and hood of natural talent
key="description" value="heal yourself if elemental damage on you doesn't take hp."
key="description" value="Removes all shielding skill experience" (item itself gives 5 shielding)

Last edited:
I hope you did not show me this code because you wanted fix something (because i no longer had problem with that script, its quite different actually than the one in the post, but it kinda follows same example)
The dynamic look of your code confuses the f out of me at first glance, if i read into it, i understand it, but i will not use it, even though i would save up like 3 TIMES more lines.
I like when codes are understandable from first glance.

@Vanderlay
Me iz happy.

----------
Updated Post1.

+ Updated Problems
- Some problems are solved
- New question added to **Mapping**
+ Updated 'Scripting'

I am going to take a break now. Will see if i continue today
Yeah it could be cleaner, normally i do write stuff that is pretty easy to understand but i just went wild with it heh :)

The one purest reason to use more dynamic code is to ease adding, modifying and deleting entries dynamically without having to alter the script.

For instance, if you had a list of items to work with a script, it's easier to simply change a value in an array / table / object than rephrasing parts of a script, which also creates more bugs if you're not careful.

Ignazio

History Page 5

2015 May - Cooking and Brewing, Forest Quest, reputation

[31.05.2015]
Started making Big Daddy spells trough spellcreating system and his AI
(since he is a little buggy atm, maybe a better brain helps him, i needed to bring the change stance timer out of boundaries to kind of match with the groundspike spell end.)

Today finished 1st spell on him. (cone smash AKA the aoe attack)
Today finished 2nd spell on him. (tremor AKA falling stones)
healing, normal damage, stance change, groundspikes spell left to go.

[28.05.2015]
created function what automatically finds Position() from table I give and checks is there any specific creature or item.

Basically a nice tool

[27.05.2015]
Started making Monster AI and spellcreating system

created a function what can draw positions out of matrix table.
Making awesome effects and addevent combination has never been easier :p

Although now my pos table can be matrix so, it a lil extra work to establish that to all already existing functions and new ones.

[26.05.2015]
Few bugFixes:
Potions [fixed]
Mage potion was "out of date" with my newest mechanics :D
BigDaddy stance change [fixed]
more like. haxed xD
skillpoints gain trough exploring [fixed]
just forgot to match the storagevalues with the new LUA ones.
field damage nil error message escape [added]
That error came back in some reason. I crushed it for realz now.
druid !buff spell % mana cost [fixed]
before 100% == don't take 100% mana xD
now it means it will cost 100% of your mana.

[25.05.2015]
added some supporting messages or signs or light to map.
Fixed skillpoints what are earned by completing task.

[19.05.2015]
added small map parts to my server what OTlanders made for me.

new feature: highscore boards.
Players can now compare their success/unsuccess on bosses with rest of Whi World players.
well not now actually, but database already collects the statistic :p

[18.05.2015]
When you create account, first character is automatically created. Saves the hassle of having to log into website and make a character.

players now have to choose character in the game.
This good too, because now they can change theire char with no big hassle if they find character to their liking.

[12.05-18.05.2015]
making video for "Whi World GamePlay review": #Post 6

[13.05.2015]
Organizing Storage Values, Removed few, added few.
High chance i will do reset for game. Not going to write storageValue moveOvers..
(Me from future, 14.05, DEFINITELY a reset xD)

[12.05.2015]
fixed the issue where players cant die xD.
Missspelled a line where i asked to remove stun from players before it actaully kills player.
When player died while stun on it couldn't physically kill the body and it simply made duplicate of you on the spot where player died xD

Increased the forest monster respawn rate. They respawned too fast for solo players.
fixed some minor text things in cookBook. some recipes did not fit into modal window.

[11.05.2015]
Fixed custom onLook system, what should of trigger functions when script attached on looking something.
This fix also fixed tutorial. (looking sign should remove the stone)

[09.05.2015]
Finished Forest Quest
making "Cooking & Brewing" book

Cooking book, will hold all the recipe information you have successfully made or found hints about. I was thinking about listing "not working" combinations too. But - Each of these combinations require new storage value.. and i was like, nop fuck that, not going to do that.
It would take me only few hours to make system to make it work, but i would need to give it 1000 storage values (just incase, because the list of combination ONLY scales higher and higher)
But then i was like: Le Fuck it, im going to have hints anyway, and people will prolly add them to website library in future or exhange information.

[08.05.2015]
Done for today. Almost completed Forest Quest :p

finished hardcore system(i was talking about last time, Not the future things, jsut the teleports and water from town.)

Refactoring First script i made in game xD starting items.
Also going to Bring Entire StorageValues and ID's Documentation into LUA.. oboy..

[07.05.2015]
I added some more nitty gritty stuff what makes it feel like you progressing in game.

added rewards on leveling up and finding hidden areas
added hardcore area in town and made it functional.
Some teleporting and WATER IN TOWN ! O M G!? :D
In future i will add Teleport stones for hardcore players, to make them want to try hard on surviving EVEN more.

On patch 0.1.5 repuatation system might come.
What it means is:
Each NPC will have his own repuation scale what can be ranked up and each time you rank up. You get rewarded, and maybe some bonuses.

Currently got 2 ideas (give me MOAR if you have some):
Task Master - for killing ANY monster you gain reputation points towards Task Master, depending on how hard is the monster.

Upon reaching 1000 points, your player ranks higher as a "tasker". Task Master will give you a new titel, reward and opportunity to loot website item from specific regular monsters.
Then he resets your points and increases the next goal.

website item from monster* I want items what hold monster information with maximum details: (hp, spells, spell details, resistance values, passives, etc)
That information player can keep for themselves or USE the item to add new monster to website library for EVERYONE to see (info is listed by the player who used item).
So fame or fortune, choice is yours.

[06.05.2015]
I just can't make that scaling system work correctly xD
always buggy.

Now made new formula, took me 2 hours to figure out 4 lines of formula. RLY? RLY!?!
well hopefully now it is balanced

(me from future 14.05, scaling system finally seems to work and is balanced :D)

[05.05.2015]
Made new passive system to monsters.
The minimum and maximum damage mosnter has is statical, but now with passives and scaling system it can be improved.

Reminder* Scaling system - The more players around monster the more spells/effects/damage/heal will monster have.

And now monster has passive what also can dynamically change the monster damage output.

Currently only my latest monster: White Deer is using this new way of making damage.
Also its the only monster currently what has passive.
White Deer passive is: Improve damage and heal spells for each Beast Type monster near him.
(If you are a player in my server and struggled with White Deer before, well now you got an hint how to beat him :p )

I am slowly planning to make monster spellSystem, where i just use global config to make a spell for monsters and can combine spells with spells.
For example White deer currently is using Local spell constructor.
When spell is cast > pull needed data > improve spell, from external source > activate spell > check for external effects > do damage(or whatever is spellType) > check for external effects.

In future this would greatly improve the speed of making spells for monsters.
First of all i will loose the annoying .XML file where i register spells.
I start using onThink on monster.
Every second Monster will check his spell cooldowns.
(spells are listed as global spell table)
Then it will pull in needed data of his current situation. (enemy positions, item position, friendly positions, player general stats and conditions, monster general stats and conditions)
From the information he gets, I will add AI what will then choose what to do:
What spell should it cast, to who it should it cast if spell has possibility to target, etc etc etc.
OR do nothing and save the spell for better opportunity to kill player with combos.
If situation seems dire for monster, he has less reason to "save" the spell.
Monster also will keep track of his cooldowns, and will think ahead.

All that is general spellcasting system, what only needs to be scripted once.

For the spells i will have simply spellName - Group is as requirements : needs target, deals damage, heals, doesn't need target, needs room, needs item, its passive, etc, etc.

Gona be lot of groups.
But they way it work in future is:
For example i want spell what: reflects fire damage, and if it does, then stun all enemies around the creature who just got reflected.

Seems out of a blue cool spell for monster (just though of it right now)
What i need to do is: Write the spellName in global spells:
"Reflect Fire"
Then i group it with the elements the spell has:
1. It deals damage
2. It is Buff (because it triggers when monster is hit)
3. It Stuns

Now when i name the group, i put parameters inside it, for example:
stun = {
onHit = true --this means only activates when player takes damage
target = "around" --this means the target it not player, but everything around him.
(Just for an example, if i would want to make it stun player and player around then i do this)
target = {"around", "player"}
aroundDistance = 2 --if i don't need that big distance, default value would be 1, if nothing is put
duration = 3 --how many seconds players are stunned
}

and thats it. I do same kind of parameter actication on other groups too and Boom, i got myself a spell. First time making spell or spell group or making particular improvement would take time, but as soon as you once make it. You never have to do it again and you can construct endless amount of similar spells within minutes.

Well that went far offCourse with my theorycrafting scripting system I'm going to make.
Something like that will be made for Patch 0.1.6 or later.

[04.05.2015]
made new summoning system for monsters.
I took control of how many summons can monster make at once and alter the summoned monster if needed.

Partly finished custom passive system for monsters
Currently there is only 1 passive attribute called raceBoost
What it shall do is improve monster spells/stats depending on how many friendly races with specific race is around the monster.

the XML is USELESS!! so i made new table in LUA what holds the races.
current races: beast, undead, human, object.

[03.05.2015]
maybe fixed Scaling system and few more bugs (i can only test them with other players after i update live server)

Created New Custom PathFinding System. CREATEST SCRIPT OF ALL for now.
I was scripting this 10 hours straight xD (~100lines code)
I dare you to make similar or better script :p
Anyway, the function name for this system is: getPath(pos1, pos2, objectType)
what it does it gives a table for all the positions from start to end. (shortest path)
and if objectType is unpassable then it will calcualtes the path around it.

This will allow me to make, "homing" spells or do something with players/map of which area the object is passing:

Example1: object is white deer.
his spell "Charge" will make path.
if player comes across the "charge" path.
player will be stunned and takes damage.
else, nothing happens, and deer runs past player(s)

Example2: object is fire spell projectile.
if tile it travels trough is grass then it will turn into burned grass.
if on tile is bush, then bush will turn into burned bush.
if on tile is creature then, creature will take fire damage.

amazing right :p? RIGHT? RIIIIGHT? :D

[02.05.2015]
a better tutorial added to game. Still doesn't give small walktrough for combat (how to KITE tutorial), but i will get there eventually.

[01.05.2015]
Finished with Qyclops quest.
using new meta function :p addItem (movements)
Pretty cool, pretty cool.

OnLook on creatures has been fixed (i forgot to mention before, I refactored onLook function in events)
2015 June - Big Daddy, spellcreating system
[29.06.2015]
fixed some bugs and then patched.
> relased patch 0.1.3.2 hotfix <

[26.06.2015]
> released patch 0.1.3.2 <

[25.06.2015]
Patch 0.1.3.2 release will be pushed by 1 day..

I am trying to fix the bug where some monsters cast spells over gaps or trough solid objects.
For that I need to improve getPath().
While doing that, I'm trying to make it more efficient.
With last 5 hours, I was able to break getPath() completely...

Starting from scratch again xD

TFS doesn't like dealing with positions what are out of client bounds, gotta write so many escapes for code.. else it crashes.

[23.06.2015]
Bandit Shaman is ready
Bandit Sorcerer is ready

[22.06.2015] > fun fun <

[21.06.2015]
Bandit Rogue seems ready

[19.06.2015] > scripting session accompanied with new players <

[18.06-19.06.2015]
Today I prepared myself to no-life scripts as long as I feel comfortable.

I used to be gamer so I'm well aware of #good no-life schedules, lets test them out on scripting :p. Lets see, how many hours I last and how much I'm able to script.

All previous monsters completed.
Made new system - Debuff System.

Bandit Rogue - backstab spell completed
Bandit Sorcerer - poison debuff spell completed
Bandit Shaman - slow field spell completed

final result:
Total no-life session length 34 hours.
Scripeted 24 hours of it.
slept 8 hours of it.
others stuff 2 hours.

[17.06.2015]
Cyclops is ready.
All 4 bandits are ready.
slight improvements here and there for Monster AI and SpellCreating system.

Bandits are little buffed, Ai is much better along with the cool "oldschool" spells xD.(My first unique spell effects I scripted xD)

Hopefully ~1 day more and all my current monster spells are ready.
If I get it done, I add last 2 features to 2spellcreating system (buffs and debuffs)
And then I make 3 new monsters and 1 new Semi Boss.

[16.06.2015]
Updated live server with hotfixes. Improved early game.
Finished reTargeting and rePositioning on spellCasting.
Refactored spellCreating system so it would look nicer.
Refactored monsterAI system so it would look nicer.

Bosses are up to date with latest spellCreating and monsterAI system.
Cyclops pick stone and throw stone are still being worked at. Quite op :D lot of small detailed improvements :D, making it look nice too, because now I can :p
Entire spell gotta look nice to every tiny tiny bit.
I hope my test host wont start lagging hard, when i make spells so nice and unique.

[15.06.2015]
new spell added: Cyclops pick stone (combo spell with cyclops throw stone)
Unifinished spell: cyclops throw stone.

Started reworking: reTargeting and rePositioning for SpellCreating System.
In last Core rework I failed to put in correct sequence.......
Currently reTargeting and rePositoning before recast.
But it should happen before spellCast
core stages: generate spell data > spellcast> recast > spellcast >recast > spellcast >recast, etc

[14.06.2015]
spellNesting and hooking system reworked.
Current hooks: when item is removed, when damage is made.

So basically I made it way more smoother how spells are recast. Making sure It much easier for myself to track when something goes wrong xD.
Let me tell you, this system is something beyond OP. I basically no longer write scripts. I just gotta use the tables correctly when I rearrange things.

White Deer is up to date with spellCreating system.
Big Daddy is up to date with spellCreating system.
Archanos is up to date with spellCreating system.

[16.06.2015]
> getting them loot with Peonso(new tester) and miss Celine <

[13.06.2015]
Freaking getPath took me entire day to fix for SpellCreating System.
I created myself new tool. Uprint and Tprint. (these tools will help me to find errors)

[11.06.2015]
Monsters are now able to channel spells again.
Once again Thanks to @Ninja and @WibbenZ that matter was solved rather quickly xD

White Deer getPath is being annoying again. Tomorrow hopefully I can continue where I left off before these annoying reworks.

[10.06.2015]
Server crashes on channeling spells..
Pretty hard to fix it if not sure what is causing the problem..
If I don't get it work by tomorrow I will remake the way how spells are channeled.

[09.06.2015]
Finished reworking the core.
Tomorrow time for error fixing and reworking the spellTables.

[08.06.2015]
My god STARTED REWORKING ON SPELLCREATING CORE AGAIN!!
Hopefully last time..
This update will allow spells to have any number of start positions.
And this update will also nest position changes and target changes.
AKA spell can change targets or positions after first part of spell is completed.

Example: deals damage to target but heals monsters around target if target takes damage.

[07.06.2015]
released patch 0.1.3.1
Whi World [BETA 0.1.5.9]

[06.06.2015]
Monster AI improvement - secondary cooldown is now dynamical, other spells or whatever things can alter monster spellCooldown
For example: I can add specific spells or items what reduce or increase monster spell cooldown :D epic right?

New hook for spellCreator - when item is removed by a spell, then something can happen.
Fun stuff right? Monsters already had power to interact with map. Now they are also able to read map and map changes :D
Dat AI though :D

[05.06.2015]
Archanos is fully fixed again.
Big Daddy is fully fixed again.
White Deer is ready. - was able to finish it with the newest spellCreating :p

Added race boost on speallCreating healing system
Added spell type summoning to spellCreating.
Added Event automatic registration trough SpellCreator (this means, to everyone and everyone in any way)
Updated ultimatedPositionCreator - now also can take only first position what is "true" and also reMakes positions where are only specific items on ground (under target or in area or in path or whatever else i used for making positions)

Created function text(text, pos) - Now i can send orange text anywhere on the world.

[04.06.2015]
ReWorked entire SpellCreator System Core into nested system.
With nested system, I should be able to combine everything with everything.

Took me 7 hours straight scripting :D
and 1 hour to fix console errors.
Now going to take a break. Tomorrow gona fix all the remaining bugs (some spells are not casted)

[03.06.2015]
Finished Archanos added last spell Archanos FireBombs.
Last most coolest spell on Archanos finally finished :D
With the new Monster AI, Boss doesn't seem to bug either. (it used to fail to do damage when player stands on bomb and he reshoots it)
Also now there are effects on this spell xD
I reduced the damage numbers on all spells and increased spellcooldowns on Archanos.
New monster AI seems to be too efficient. Lets give players a chance.

ReWorked target system on spellCreator
More and more i started using do target this and do target that. But my target, most of the time was "string". So I brought the target hook to the top and made it to call for userdata if possible.
and from that on, others functions are putting more hope into fact that target is userdata/userdata's

Created data function what will call any kind of player attribute(including the custom stats I make) Currently only holds few of them, just the ones I needed for spellCreator.
I planned this function on Patch 0.1.5
But seems it would convenient tool for my spellCreator for now. But I still finish it in the future patch. Not going waste time on this right now. I WANT NEW PLAYABLE CONTENT TOO xD

Stun hook created for spellCreator(without delay matcher)
Delay matcher is that, if stun is applied with delay and the stunner is melee target who needs to be close. It will wait for creature to get to monster first. (for example, onHit charge spells)

[02.06.2015]
Big Daddy is upgraded! (spells made trough spellCreator and he is using new AI)
New mechanics added to spellCreator:
Priority target option - Chooses target out of list of targets on the conditions I set.
spellType teleport - all the spells what has something to do with teleporting something to somewhere.
distanceEffect trigger - now also I can say distance effect and it automatically creates it automatically between spell startpoint and target (and if there is lot of targets, then things will start looking cool :D)
general area type added - before I had area created trough direction or function, added now some general areas like 3x3 or 4x4, etc.

4 spells completed for Archanos: Ice aura, Fire aura, Electric shot, teleport
Nice nice 4 spells in 1 day :p SpellCreator is showing promise.
When i first made auras it took me ~2 days xD
Electric shot took me freaking 3 days
and teleport took me 2 days.
Since I am smarter now I recreated all the spells now with just ~6 hours to spellCreator.
This means remaking these spells would take me about ~2 hours every time i try to make similar spells.
But now with spellCreator. Any time in future I make spells it will take me 3-15 min.

prepared patch 0.1.3.1
I could push new update to live, but seeing that only like 1-2 players play anyway, I will prolong till I get Monster AI to all existing monsters.

[01.06.2015]
Stance changing added to spellCreator.
This pretty much means monster turns into like new monster and gets different spells or attributes to spell or different resistances, etc.

spell channeling option added to monster AI.
This comes with several custom options:
Casting a spell will put the spell under secondary cooldown. (if i wish it so)
I can channel spell, means it executes every x millisecond again until the duration I set it to be.
Not yet added because didn't need, but 1 update will come someday when spells but other monster spells under cooldown.

new spells recreated trough spellCreator: Big Daddy groundspikes, Big Daddy defence mode, Big Daddy attack mode, Big Daddy shield.

Fancy stuff is ready :D

Last edited:
Its bulky, you need to learn how to use tables, if you are familiar with arrays they are relatively the same thing, they are not exactly the same thing tho.

History Page 6

2015 July - skilltree system, Hehemi bandits

[29.07.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.1

[27.07.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4

[25.07.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.8 HOTFIX

[24.07.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.8

Created thread in Jobs section where I say that I'm looking for Mappers.

[21.07.2015]
Changed the way wands work. Now they do damage called "spectrum damage"
It will not trigger or proc elemental effects.

Updated spellbook.
Now as a scripter, most things what i change in spellbook will automatically change the values in all the scripts too attached to player spells and their effects. (I got lot of these scattered around xD)
This will help me to balance very fast.
Also on other end (user end), I made it so spellbook automatically calculates formulas and adds item effects or skilltree effects or whatnot into the spellbook. Easy to use! op op.

Fixed lot of TFS errors again, biggest problems among them what fixed were:
player:getData() returned wrong values in some cases.
fixing spell heal! my god druids , so sorry xD
adding nil error escapes to environmental map changes.

[20.07.2015]
Skill Tree System is ready.
Now making skills themselves to work .

[19.07.2015]
fixing errors!
and working on Skill Tree system.

[18.07.2015]
> released Patch 0.1.3.7 <
Sadly the compiled version does not fix the diagonal movements.
Going to give a it a try one more time, if wibbenz gets around to compile the source for me :p

[17.07.2015]
Updating scripts to TFS 1.2
Almost completed. About ~350files was changed xD
Le sick amount if you ask me. Quite tiresome.

[16.07.2015]
> Idea <

[14.07-15.07.2015]
Updating scripts to TFS 1.2

[13.07.2015]
> released Patch 0.1.3.6 hotfix <
Started upgrading server from TFS 1.0 to TFS 1.2
I see that I have 1300 files in data folder :| xD

For months I have been working alone on this project :)

I kicked out other people from team.
Jeffro mapped the first town in few days, but after that, never seen him again.
Laur1 was simply deadweight for me.
dhrsantan didn't have time to contribute for server and left on his own.
My friend Gerh still helps me once in a while, but not really part of team.

I have been on search all this time, but haven't found anyone who I could team up with.

I seriously hope I find mapper xD
Because this is such a tedious thing I do not like to do.

[11.07.2015]
> released Patch 0.1.3.6 <
Im being kind of boring with showing patch notes only lately xD
But times are fast and giving full review of my progress is taking too much time.

[10.07.2015]
> Past, Present and Future. <

[09.07.2015]
> released Patch 0.1.3.5 <

[08.07.2015]
> hotfixed Patch 0.1.3.4 <
> Raiders! <

[07.07.2015]
> released Patch 0.1.3.4 <

[06.07.2015]
NPC added and made a system where npc follows player :D
That was pretty fun, it looks buggy but hilarious so i keep it that way.

created 4 new missions. (2 collecting and 1 talking mission, like few minutes scripting xD)

created new item SAW and created scripts on it what it can do.
First tool of the game :p

[05.07.2015]
Created 10 new items to game.
And "somewhat fixed" Questlog. (untested)

All these 10 items are amazing cool new unique items, one better than other :D
This time each class gets 2 items what will brock some nifty combo.
And hopefully players can make 1-2 different builds with their vocation now.
Only time will tell, but I hope I was able to bring out at least 1 meaningful build combo.

> Bandit town - Hehemi <

[04.07.2015]
> released patch 0.1.3.3 <

[03.07.2015]
3 more spells added to game.
mend
throwaxe
sapphdef

Fixed bug where some monsters still shot trough walls.

Mend and ThrowAxe has same thing like mend. Currently as rune.

> Silence before Storm <

[02.07.2015]
3 new spells added to mage.
deathiii
sparkiii
dispel

Dispel is not wroking exactly like i want, because cant configure when does crosshair come out with LUA. Its client thing. So for now, dispel will be in form of rune right now.

[01.07.2015]
2 new spells added to new Bandits. Mages will get REKT!!
Mages had too easy time killing them.
Added 1 debuff to one of the bandits what will totally wreck mages now.

Map is scripted.

Rewrote Climbing spell again xD
Now its working like I want! Ready to figure out how to utilize it :p?
2015 August - Shadow boss, improved NPC system
[26.08.2015]
making questCreating System.
This should be able to automatically generate quests using only 1 table.

[25.08.2015]
Created thread in Jobs section where I say that I'm looking for Client Programmers/Editors.

[23.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.5

[21.08.2015]
I have made somewhat "ok" documentation for Whi World website.

There has been several updates and improvements for the documentation ever since, but totally forgotten to write this down in this thread. So let it be.

[18.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.4

[17.08.2015]
I was able to fix all bugs found yesterday while playing alot.
Our stream peaked to 17 players :D W00t xD

Finished npc smith. Well wasn't hard really.
Reworked exploringMission System to trackingMission System with new improvements and perks I have learned.
Converted trackingMission System to NPC System.
Converted Vial of Water Collecting mission into tracking mission.

Almost Finished Tonka! But making something VERY FANCY FANCY to him. This new improvement will take few hours to script so that is the reason I'm going to update server tomorrow.

The fancy thing will be herb powder use explaination.
With a bit back and forth walking xD
Just a way to make herb feature better and makes NPC's more interesting.

[16.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.3

[15.08.2015]
Improved and fixed NPC systems.

[14.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.2

[13.08.2015]
making new npc system read mission tables automatically
Small rework to missionTables

[12.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.4.1

[11.08.2015]
Npc now only give questions and things player can ask depending on the state his currently at.

[10.08.2015]
My first NPC to who I add npc system, will be task master.

Today I manged to the modal window automatic. where it ask and answers correct response.

[09.08.2015]
Scripted upgrade system for fellow OTLander

[04.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.3

[03.08.2015]
Updating 'Scripting 0.1.3'
super awesome doll effects. (le secret here xD)
OP OP new items for all classes to put the final cherry on current builds.

[02.08.2015]
Making spells to new Solo-Boss
Big aoe with holes in it.
doll creator
damage barrier

[01.08.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.2
2015 September - Shadow boss, improved NPC system
[30.09.2015]
Source changes:
Found a really big bug in my game. Unpickupable items can picked up if certain series of actions is made. VERY ANNOYING. Going to see if i can solve this problem.
In addition there is annoying issue with speed reducing effects. Sometimes they are allowed to go to 0 which will make any character stuck for 3 minutes.
Also I will allow setting Unique ID's trough LUA. hopefully this will unlock more possibilities for me.

[29.09.2015]
Initial first crappy layout has been made for Whi World website.

[28.09.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.6

[20.09.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.5.3

[15.09.2015]
Created thread in Jobs section where I say that I'm looking for Web Developers.

[14.09.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.5.2

[10.09.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.5.1

[07.09.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.5

[06.09.2015]
As of right now, going to skip making lore system and pushing it to patch 0.1.7 or even later (after pvp)
I just don't feel like making 3 dimensional database using SQL queries. Nor making system what I know will take weeks to perfect.

Anyway, today the npc's are finished!! wohoo!
Also finished questlog AND changed mage death and spark spell.
Improved The nami boots, added new talent to talent tree ("spell power")
+added 2 new stones to game what replace sparkii, sparkiii, deathii and deathiii drops.

!questlog command opens up questlog and will give good information about your quests, missions, tasks and bosskills.

[05.09.2015]
Added feature to questGenerator, what makes it really easy to make NPC's give hint about quests depending on what state of quest players are.
Next is QuestLog

[03.09.2015]
Finished converting remaining 2 quests with questCreating System
Started making quest hint generator to NPC's

[02.09.2015]
Finished questCreating System.
Improved Keys
Coverted 2 Quests using questCreaing System.
2015 October - gems, food, highscores, item system
[31.10.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.8

[31.10.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.7

[28.10.2015]
Updated 'Scripting 0.1.4'
finished new item System
I can set ANY kinda of new custom stat or effect with blink of an eye! and upgrading existing items trough other matters like, moving, spellcasting or talking with npc is CAKE WALK!
~5 minutes :D
Well im happy with what I have done, Gona spam shitload of stats on items now xD just because I can.

[27.10.2015]
Started creating new items System.
So I was about to make NPC what gives existing items in better form and then I realized it takes me 15minutes to do it.. (EACH)
AND THAT UNHEARD OF!
So I decided to make better items system xD
Aka moved out from XML file. (still use it to register item, but all the effects and stats are moved to LUA)

[26.10.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.6

[23.10.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.5

[20.10.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.4

[19.10.2015]
challenge event completed

[18.10.2015]
bidding system done for challenge event.

[17.10.2015]
Reputation system created, currently only enabled towards task master.
2 new items has been created (fur bag and fur backpack)
2 new collecting missions has been created to task master.

started creating bidding system next. (for challenge event)

Because the way it will work is very different from what you expect it to be.
player/team has to bid for the challenge and if nobody in 10 seconds doesn't overbid that, then you will be teleported to challenge zone.

The thing is, only one player/team can do each challenge theme at the same time.
So if server gets populated enough players with more in-game gold can skip the line by dumping some gold into this if they have no patience to wait.

Its serves a purpose as gold sink, but won't be such a problem, because each player has to only complete all the 10 waves once.
Eventually all players will be equal in terms of power, but players who spend more time in game can achieve it faster.

[13.10.2015]
Finished new gems! Its very hard to explain the gem effect in few words but here they are:
  1. "Your fire gem % in weapon is increased by (total amount of ice resistance % from gems/2) * the amount of ice gems you have in armor slots"
  2. "when taking damage, you have (total of random resistance gem % times 2) chance to summon same elemental to fight on your side for 10 seconds."
  3. "(Total earth gem % * 5) chance on spell cast to proc ((total fire gem upgrade count + ice gem upgrade count) * 100) spectral damage (total physical gem upgrade count) times randomly near player."
  4. "If you have 5 different elemental gems in your gear (expect shield) for each % your spectral hit will be increase by 2percent"
  5. "Incoming heal effects on you increases the heal amount by (2 * total earth resistance from gems)"
  6. "Equipped elemental gem resistances are increases 35 percent times total amount of same resistance gems"
[10.10.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.6.5
Get a load of one of the best food systems in open tibia :D

[08.10.2015]
Updated 'Scripting 0.1.4'
Finished in-game highscore boards. Now you can see how horrible you are! :D
The scores show very sad numbers! cmon guys you can do better than that !! (although I have contributed alot to fails too, BUT THAT IS BESIDES THE POINT!) xD

Started improving gems.
Yeah gems were pretty horribly designed, but they were one of my first scripts.
Now added the option to remove gems, and possible to upgrade any piece of gear.
In addition I make the gem on shield do some VERY impressive changes! Which hopefully gives some more reasons to gather some specific gems or whatnot.

Cant wait to create Patch 0.1.6 monsters to increase the gem worth even more!

[07.10.2015]
Almost finished in-game highscore boards to compare your boss fighting results with rest of the world.
This SQL is pretty powerful! I have gotten some more insight now how to use it. Almost feels like I should abuse database even more xD but let it be for now.

[06.10.2015]
Fixed LOT OF recently found bugs on Whi World.
You will see the list of half of them in next patch notes and another half of them is just groped into 1 word: Imroved xD

Gathered all the information and chose the best solution I could find for my Source problems.
Since I have no clue how do it I just bombard the community with questions :p

And I don't even compile it, so the patch is out when someone has compiled the new source for me :p (cornex!?)

Oh god.. Idk trough all this time I have forgotten to mentioned that I actually got some support for Whi World about 2 months ago xD
He has no specific obligation nor tasks his doing for Whi World, but he is supporting the Whi World project with money if something critical is required to progress.
(2 years later me adding this information here: this guy donated total of 200€ )

[05.10.2015]
Improved old systems a bit to be faster and better and easier to manipulate (as scripter).
old system might not be that old but here is the list of them:
Herb system/Herb powder System.
Damage System.
Player Data system. (slowly working on making it the most used function, when any of the scripts have ANYTHING to do with player)
Potion System.

And last but not least created new system for conditions.
ALL the conditions are now automatically made on startUp and loaded to wherever they need to be.

[04.10.2015]
Spent quite some time searching for picture examples and general looks and more ideas for Whi World website design

[02.10.2015]
Finished making new food system and adding new features to it.
Changed how spices work and how combined food works.
In addition created hooks what will automatically connect them with base functions (damage system if food/spice increases any kind of damage or reduces one)
and so on.

Initial layout for first Whi World website has been created.

[01.10.2015]
This is pretty nasty formula and system right here. I think I spent hour or 2 watching a wall and imagining how the code should look like. But at the end of a day, there was already new system looking at me :D with loads of bugs ofcourse xD

Last edited:
it may be bulky but its very easy to understand, and no i dont know nothing about php and lua language.
im making my scripts simply off from looking other scripts i already have.
Your style of coding is error prone.

We are only telling you about dynamic coding so that bugs are easier to track down, also what happens when your scripts start to grow in complexity.
This is why tables are important they allow you to manage your scripts more efficiently.
Also indentation is very important, it helps you see the level of execution but also makes code easier to read.
Code:
local items = {
    ["sorcerer"] = {
        ["green bag"] = {
                ["itemid"] = 1991,
                ["amount"] = 1
        },
        ["wand of vortex"] = {
                ["itemid"] = 2190,
                ["amount"] = 1
        },
        ["leather armor"] = {
                ["itemid"] = 2467,
                ["amount"] = 1
        }
    }
}

local bag = doPlayerAddItem(cid, items["sorcercer"]["green bag"]["itemid"], items["sorcercer"]["green bag"]["amount"]) --green bag
                doAddContainerItem(bag, items["sorcercer"]["wand of vortex"]["itemid"], items["sorcercer"]["wand of vortex"]["amount"]) --wand of vortex
                doAddContainerItem(bag, items["sorcercer"]["leather armor"]["itemid"], items["sorcercer"]["leather armor"]["amount"]) --leather armor
                Player(cid):sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, 'You found a bag')

History Page 7

2015 November - death penalty, teleport features, new potions, stats
[30.11.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.6

[27.11.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.5

[25.11.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.4

[24.11.2015]
New feature created to game: death penalty

This system will allow me to manipulate EACH and every item differently on player death.
Along with this introduced SoulBound system. Currently what it does is if equipment is destroyed it turns to soulbound and if then going to be destroyed then its going be destroyed.
In future soulbound items cant be upgraded.
1 more amazing this what death penalty does is destroy upgrades from items.
Or remove things from loot bag (the tricky bag I have)

[23.11.2015]
New feature added to hardcore rooms: Gem altars.

What it does is gives a random gem for you after each x hours.
It is actually an auto-generated script with my itemUse system I have been starting to adapt.
Because why have 100 different scripts for every item if 1 script can do them all with correct config fed to them?

[22.11.2015]
Added hardcore pillars to game.
If player finds the way to HC rooms there may be a thing called HC pillar.
If player uses pillar he gets a teleport rune.
With that rune player can teleport to town with the amount of different charges it has.
They get the charges by using teleport rune on these same HC pillars.

[20.11.2015]
Cyclops Saboatage Quest is ready :D
O boy I actually spent days on it. I scripted that down to the details :p

In addition added new tool: herb knife
There is going to be new way how to get herbs.
Now players can get the new potions.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9

[18.11.2015]
Started making new quest to blow your mind.
Abusing the amazing map Daadyboy made for me and QuestSystem I have made for myself.
This Quest will have it all: puzzles, mysteries, story, logic and fighting :D

[16.11.2015]
Started scripting the improved map areas.
SO EXITED!!
Adding a new quest to Cyclops dungeon and the old one has been changed. (yet the idea remains the same)
I'm using my aawzom scripting skills to make the next quest cooler than any other seen before :D
Trust me. You are going to surprised how much detail I have added to it.
Quest itself will be simply, but meaningful and interesting and perhaps takes a bit time to understand, how to do it, because like I said. It's very realistic, but currently none seems understand I can script so epic things :D

[15.11.2015]
Improved loot bag
Now the size of loot bag can be upgraded with another loot bag
Yes that means I added 1 more loot bag into game.
Now if you use the loot bag a modal window will pop up, which will show items what are inside the bag and to choose which one to take out.

[12.11.2015]
Finished adding reputation to priest.
Went a simple way.
Missions will give rep and herb items (similar to tanner rep collecting)
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.8.5

[11.11.2015]
changed metafunctions and improved item manipulation by NPC's
TFS didn't care what kind of text or description or action ID items have.
But I do care! So now it checks these too.

added 5 new collecting missions to game.
Because I CAN!

[10.11.2015]
Created 3 new potions.
Now since making potions is much much easier, I added 3 new unique ones on the pile :p
Code:
["silence potion"] = {
        potionType = "Support Potion",
        buff = "30% chance to silence target for 1 second on weapon hit (expect wands)",
        nerf = "all elemental resistances are lowered by 15%",
        duration = 10*60,
    },

["flash potion"] = {
        buff = "your attack speed is increased by the % amount energy resistance you have.",
        nerf = "your weapon maximum damage changes into weapon minimum damage",
        duration = 10*60,
    },
["spellcaster potion"] = {
        buff = "every time your damage spell hits, heal yourself by 3 hp",
        nerf = "your spells cost 10% more mana (rounded upwards)",
}

added control effect "silence" to the game
So I know I want it eventually I made some kind of position in my scripts for it.
In future going to see to it again when going to work on PVP. Then it plays more of crucial moment.

Against monsters. the silence stalls all their spells with the silence duration.
So if 3 players silence boss 3 times per second then he will cast the spell 3 sec later.

However if player is silenced, then he will be only silenced for the duration of the silence and it does not stack. In matter of fact player is immune to silence when silenced.
So if you get silenced for 1 sec and 2sec then you simply cant cast spell for 1 sec.

[9.11.2015]
Refactoring potion system.
Its not going to get some kind of amazing full rework yet, but the debuff part of it quite outdated (over 6 months old)
Going to make it more effective and easier to use.

[08.11.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.8.2

[07.11.2015]
Started working on stat display system.
With command !stats it will start showing players the sum of all their stats player currently has.
It counts items, item upgrades, spell effets, food effects, practically everything expect the stats what would come from proc effects (for example shield gem unique effects)
In addition It will calculate the player base damage per second, also counting all kinds of modifiers.
this is the list of the things what are going to displayed.
Code:
def
barrier
average damage per secon
damage type
armor

energyRes
iceRes
fireRes
earthRes
deathRes
physicalRes
holyRes
waterRes
pvpRes
undeadRes
dragonRes
beastRes
stunRes
slowRes

mL
sLs
sLw
sLd
sLf
critical hit chance
critical block chance
stun immune level
speed

[04.11.2015]
Silent Patch 0.1.4.7.8.1
Fixed several bugs for server, didn't add anything new though so not going to do patch notes.
Server got real laggy to the point it started time-outing. Hopefully new death sytem isn't messing things up too hard.

[03.11.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.8
Updated item system again a little learned metatables a bit and practiced it on them.
2015 December - Sabotage Quest, skilltree, damage system, ty video
[30.12.2015]
So ghoul is ready to annoy the fuck out of you :D
Did some nitty gritty things and linked the monsters to the game now and items to the monsters.
which make it a little more part of game. However going to add the unique text and lore and reason later.
I just want it out mechanically for now. Incase someone suddenly decides to play, then I have lot of things to show.
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.1

[29.12.2015]
So incase you were tired of fighting and solving puzzle at the same time, I though I just give you a little brain racking room, where you don't have to fight, unless... :D:D:D

[28.12.2015]
Scripting new room. Ghoul Room.
Wanted to make some kind of puzzles to my game, so here you have it. Puzzle while fighting, although its not that much of a puzzle, but because you are fighting at the same time, it makes it quite interesting (maybe even impossible xD)

[27.12.2015]
10 new items!
getting them items out :D

[26.12.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5
also the overview what went down between 0.1.4 and 0.1.5

[25.12.2015]
Created 6 new items to game.
And if you know me, you know they have ridicules effects you have never seen in OT before :3

[24.12.2015]
2 more spells added game: innervate and imp
Innervate is druid spell which prolly will unbalance the druids for now xD
When you learn the spell you get passive. Which increases a stat called "critical heal chance"
This new stat in game will make it so that heal spells can critically heal making, which doubles the amount.
In addition upon using Innervate they loose the passive for 3 minutes, however they will regain 50% of mana over 60 seconds :D
SUSTAIN IS REAL ON THIS ONE!

Imp is mage spell.
I wanted some kind of passive to them. So created this spell.
It will summon an imp which boosts mage magic damages by 10%
Summon doesn't wonder off and only follows you. Even though this summon is treated as monster. I made it so that other monsters in game and other player in game cant target it :D
So keeping it alive can be problematic xD

[23.12.2015]
Skeleton will drop new high level spells to players. (level 4)
Going to make 1 for each vocation.
So far made 2 of them: taunt and onyxdef.

Taunt is hunter spell which makes them able to taunt monster on them for short duration of time. Or just messes up player target if used on another player.
Its cool combo with hunter other spell: fakeDeath. Where hunter cant be targeted.
This allows some shot duration of monster controlling and fooling it :D

onyxdef is not that unique though. This is last missing defence spell for knights. This one protects against death damage.

[22.12.2015]
Created new monster: Skeleton
and added 6 spells to it.
This is going be awesome monster.
Skeletons move with packs and DAYUM these spells are cool :D
Looking forward to see player reactions :D

[21.12.2015]
Patch 0.1.5 is closing in.
Yesterday completed sabotage quest with friend. Found few bugs here and there but nothing major.
Today fixed them all, but didn't patch yet for live server.
Going to take my time with it, seems I'm not in hurry.

[18.12.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.8

[13.12.2015]
This is not gona be final resolve of hunter and he will be missing distance skills on skilltree.
Made it because friend wanted to play hunter already and meh.. its not like I can't patch it up quickly. I got pretty decent Whi World framework already :D

[12.12.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.7

[11.12.2015]
Improved Skilltree.
Made it so that talents can be removed 1 by 1 and when you put talents, then it will try to but as much as it can to that 1 talent. Saving time of spamming same skill xD
Also moved the skill info to local chat and now it calculates the formula for players automatically.

[10.12.2015]
Reworked damage system.
Visually nothing changed, but I went over all the scripts what were scattered around in login.lua and registered separately
This just increased the damage performance because removed redundant loops and didnt have to ask same if questions over and over again by moving all the scripts into single quest.

Also managing damage passing is much easier and organized for me.

[02.12.2015]

Starting working on new video: "Whi World thanks OTLand" (name might change)
This got stopped month later, because this video script was too ambitious. Required 5 people and I could not get this amount of people together to finish up this video.
2016 January - pvp, ghost, actionsystem
[31.01.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.4.1

[30.01.2015]
Fixed all the bugs found from last pvp session.

Had a blast playing PVP :D, pretty unbalanced xD
High armor will reck the physical damage dealers xD
Other than that, quite cool.

[27.01.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.4

[26.01.2015]
Added PVP item system. (temporary solution until real PVP items)

You can use PVE items bough by arena points, but only in PVP fighting room.

[25.01.2015]
Finished arena system.

Players can register to 1v1 arena in PVP room.
The matchmaker system will automatically pick opponent for you (tries to find similar elo opponents first)
When found, both teams will be teleported to PVP pit where they fight to death.
Winner takes opponent elo.
Both teams will get arena points, which they can use to buy PVP items.

[24.01.2015]
Started working arena system.

[23.01.2015]
added duelling feature and new look action to players.

Players can now look other player and choose option: "duel" to challenge other player for 1v1 fight.
When other player accepts, both players automatically enable PVP and can deal damage to each other.
The rule is that you need to stay in banner radius or you will automatically loose the duel if you run too far. (if you are too far you get warning and you have 5sec to return back to banner radius)
When duel is over. Both players get back their HP they dealt to each other.

[22.01.2015]
Added PVP damage to game.
all damage sources have now 7 different origins, depending on the origin It will be dealt differently in damage system.
Currently origin has only 1 purpose in damage system.
Separates player made damage from the rest allowing me to put in some PVP formulas.

But now I have option to do lot of cool things like environmental resistances or spell specific spell alterations, etc.

[17.01.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.3

[15.01.2015]
Improved actionSystem.
Now lof of onUse and onStepIn/Out actions use same function which executes lot of other functions.
In addition all these other functions are now metafunctions. Which will maybe increase the performance.
Or at least code looks a lot better xD

added 4 new items to the game. Yeh, had to make new ones. The stock of items I created week before is now depleted :D

[13.01.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.2.2

[12.01.2015]
Today I improved scaling system. The function is more optimized now.
In addition monsters no longer calculate their maxHP every 2 second. Instead it has a little more complicated interval.
This will allow teams to "sneak" up to the target and burst them down before their HP scales to correct size compared with your team size.

I nerfed Mage class.
Area explosions made by players no longer pass solid objects and do not reach behind them (depending on the angle, the not reachable area is different)
The system is not yet final and has some "holes" in it. But I will fix them eventually.
I just got tired to do it all in one shot. Spent 5 hours straight on scripting that function for single solid objects.

[09.01.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.2.1

[08.01.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.2

[07.01.2015]
Created 4 new upgrade stones:
speed stone, crit stone, def stone and sight stone.
Obviously they are stackable. These ones have also equipment rules (aka each of these stones can be used on specific type of equipment item)
Now there will be something more to grind.

[06.01.2015]
Added feature where players can verify their accounts with OTLand name and then get bonus loot and damage reduction by being verified.

Hoped that if they get benefit they will get bump my main thread xD and I have a player from who I can directly ask what did he think of this or that in OTLand itself.

Because god damit, its hard to get feedback xD

[05.01.2015]
Created drinking minigam. Something what came up in discussion with friend on new year eve.
So i though why not. I got the tools to make a drinking game. So I did xD

added feature where other players can skip tutorial for new players.
If the helper is lvl 3 then with command !help, they get modal window which shows all the online players, who are in tutorial.
Once name chosen. Other person will ge notification and use command !skip to automatically TP to end of tutorial and get starting items and whatever else they need (like key and spells)

[04.01.2015]
Finished ghost room. Something not so exiting for while. The ghost mechanics are perhaps interesting but the quest in room is like "pffft" I could done better than that. Which is true, but I was out of ideas.

[03.01.2015]
Created new monster - Ghost!
2016 February - tutorial, constructing, spellbook
[29.02.2015]
Started Updating Host and Source.
Going over to Linux now. (At least trying)

[26.02.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.3

[26.02.2015]
Finished improving spellBook

[25.02.2015]
Started improving spellBook.
It will start showing how is your spell buffed and from what (if it is by items)

[24.02.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.1

[22.02.2015]
Improved monster AI.
Friendlist didn't work correctly for monsters, but now it does. Now they are smarter and scale correctly.

[21.02.2015]
New feature, aoe objects cant be shot trough obstacles.
This means if you trying to shoot arrows trough wall then good luck with it xD
Arrows will get stuck in wall and you cant get them back from there.

[20.02.2015]
Finished new tutorial.

[16.02.2015]
new tutorial room added: "How to see and cast spells"
Added system to tutorial which saves your progress when you logout.

[15.02.2015]
new tutorial room added: "What is difference between different weapon types"

[08.02.2015]
2 new tutorial rooms added: "How to USE items on another object", "How to combine items and select target/attack"

[07.02.2015]
2 new tutorial rooms added: "How to OPEN, USE items", "How to equip items and what is weight".

Improved actionSystem: Now all creatures can trigger this system.

[06.02.2015]
new tutorial room added: "How to drag/move items"
Created door system to Whi World.
Created system which can handle door closing, opening , keys, quests, etc. Trough 1 function.

[05.02.2015]
2 new tutorial rooms are ready: "How to look creatures and items", "How to climb up/down/over and turn direction"

[04.02.2015]
First tutorial room is ready: "How to move"

[03.02.2015]
Finished moving uniqueID's to LUA table
Started making new Tutorial!
This is last time I make new tutorial for tibia client.
This time around I will try to make it even more engaging and better for people who have never played on tibia/OT before.

[02.02.2015]
Refactored and improved construction system.
You remember this bridge making? Well its much better now. Player friendly and coder friendly.

[01.02.2015]
Moving entire UniqueID documentation from excel file into internal game LUA table.
This makes it so I don't have to keep track of them in 2 different places and also in scripts if I change uniqueID it will happen automatically everywhere!
While I'm at it, I will improve all the scripts what are assoicated with uniqueID's

Last edited:
History Page 8

2016 March - gems, questSystem, respawn system, mage spells
[28.03.2015]
Couldn't recover old database. Whi World will get complete reset
Still setting up the server...

[25.03.2015]
We still setting up the server.

[23.03.2015]
Host shat down! (for good)
Literally. I did restart on teamviewer and it never came up.
Later we found out that it didn't boot to OS.
Well we had that Raspberry what we wanted to try anyway. So started learning linux and tried to host server on it.

Started improving gems.
Going to make the gems on shield name and calculate the effect automatically instead of saying how this gem will work. :p
More convenient for players. Also internally moved the stats to itemText too.
all using now same function to handle item bonuses. woo
Now when something boosts gems the other gems will also say it :p

[22.03.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6
HOTFIXES for same patch xD
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6 hotfixes

[17.03.2015]
Bandit Mountain Quest is ready.
Started scripting the area has a whole:
Now the area itself is kinda like modified trough config table.
And lot of things on the maps get automatically scripted.
Like some items give you something or change something, etc.

[16.03.2015]
Today reworked entire questSystem again.
You remember that actionSystem I made few months ago?
Well Now the quest system is directly linked to that.
Which doesn't rly make it easier to config quest. But since we can config now same way like almost every other config table. It feels easier. And for me. I don't even need to keep looking config guide all the time when I want to add/improve something about quest.
Which was not the case with previous system.

So system was in place and remade 4 out of 5 quests in like 1 hour.
The last one was Bandit Mountain quest, but this is going to be a little different and more annoying xD

[15.03.2015]
Finished Respawn System
Features:

Monsters are randomly spawned to entire area (instead of the specific location)
There is limit how many monsters can spawn to area.
Each area can hold different monster limits (for example forest near desert area, only can have total of 2 bears, but random amount of other named monsters until total limit reached)
Monsters have random health (but close enough to original HP)
Players can create a monsterless route trough area if every time monster is killed on the path. (although this will make the "offroad" much more dangerous, because it means the monster moved somewhere else)

[14.03.2015]
Starting making respawn system

[13.03.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.7

[11.03.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.6

[06.03.2015]
I changed few spell for mages
imp:
mana cost increased to 100 from 50
imp: damage boost fixed (it didnt boost 10% it boosted 110% xD)
imp: no longer takes damage from your own spark and death spells (It did add some skill factors to cast your aoe spells, but with the damage fix and mana cost increase, it would not be worth to make imp if you would have to make sure you won't kill it yourself and what is the point of spell when nobody uses it?)
imp: fixed spellbook information
spark and death: spell information more accurate in spellbook
spark and death: the distance damage boost no longer scales from itself reducing the final outcomes by a small margin.

Casting spell what is under cooldown now says how long cooldown lasts (in seconds)

You can now stack ALL stackable items on bag even if you don't have free slots in bag. (this is automatic functions, so hopefully it will work with every item without bugging it out, if error comes then items get duped xD)

Fixed bug where staged loot did not work (bosses dropped less items then they should have, due to this bug) and most monters who were suppose to drop gold in regular manner are now going to do it.

Reduced leather item drops from 8% to 4% and increase gold drop by a little for bandits.

Reworded loot bag and teleport rune.
They work they same way like before for player, but created now 2 functions what will allow me to manipulate item custom features very easily.
Now loot bag and teleport rune both use same function.

One day I will use these functions to make items playerBound on drop (what I mean is, others can't take certain items from you even if you dropped in ground like lootbag.)
Eventually going to improve bags in general, so these functions are needed. More similar bags will come like lootbag. (herb bag, gem bag)

[29.02 - 09.03.2015]
Started working on new Youtube video "Whi World Stream Highlights 1": #post 33
2016 April - new skills, moneter AI and spellcreating system
[29.04.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.7

[27.04.2015]
getPath() function is ready.
I wasted 20+ hours on making internal drawArea. But later discovered that just using A star path finding method is better. So ended up deleting half of my work right after I got it ready. :/ O well.. shit happens.

[24.04.2015]
Started improving getPath() function.

[24.04.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.6

[20.04.2015]
Completed Skilltree

[19.04.2015]
Magic and Weapon skills are tested and balanced now (all the new and old ones)

[18.04.2015]
refactored entire skillTree system.
Practically started from blank page.
I forgot to mention, but few days ago I created new modal window system.
Which means all the windows in game go trough 1 single function.
And how the modal window looks is defined in config table.
So yeh, I created skillTree using that config and improved lot of performance and useability issues.

[16.04.2015]
> list of new skills <

[15.04.2015]
Preparing and thinking of new skills.
Going to rework a little how they work and how to manage them.
Also entire overhaul to previous skills. (might nerf/buff some)
Updating all all the skills to spell book too (I know I skipped some)
+ with the new test environment I will be testing every single skills again, to make sure they still work xD (been ages since I last tested the skills on paper)

[14.04.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.5

[08.04]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.4

[06.04.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.3

[05.04.2015]
Started working on new Monster AI and Spell Creating system.
I won't be doing it in 1 go. I will work on it every now and then.

New AI and Spell Creating system features?
Obviously the performance will be a lot better. Currently complicated spells like big daddy spells or cyclops spells can grind trough over 100k of line of codes before they realize they don't even want to do that action xD
Here are some features new monster AI will have:
1. monsters can now follow other monsters
2. monsters can have specific range to "see" enemies
3. if monster can't hit with spell or attack, he can choose not to waste the spell (obviously I can force them to miss the spells. Cant have them all too smart)
4. if monster target is out of reach monster can choose to attack/cast spells on other target, while still keep chasing the original target
5. monsters can pick up items and use them
6. monsters can change any of their base attributes (currently I had to make token monsters)
7. monsters can change any of their spell/attack attributes
8. monsters can change map
9. monster can become your ally any given point. (i will remove all NPC's from game and replace them with monster)

With the updated Spell Creating system, I can easily implement a feature to game, where players can make any kind of custom monster they want with some lever pulling.
This might be fun for someone to create monsters they always wanted to fight in tibia like environment.

[02.04.2015]
New patch is ready, but I will show it after all others things are done too.
IP address routing still doesn't work correctly.
Website is missing active players widget (this will be added before I open servers)

[01.04.2015]
Server is installed on host now. Fucking finally!! hating Linux so hard.
DNS is still iffi so gotta work on it.
when wrting whiworld.com then it address bar it changes to ip and it doesnt wrok for IP Changer.
2016 May - central system, stones, herbs, quest bear quest
[31.05.2015]
Started reorganizing Whi World Area, Quest and some missions scripts.
reorganizing means that I will practically make all scripts trough central system.
Basically what it does is, when I start up my server, all the central configuration tables get processed and register scripts or generate scripts to correct places.
This will automate lot of scripts and I don't have to worry about did I install my scripts correctly.
Central system also generates or changes map or its objects automatically. So I don't have to manually work on map either. Which will make it even more fail-safe and easier to change/improve/remove.

[30.05.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.1

[24.05.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7

[23.05.2015]
Finished with all the bugs and improvements expect Stone Upgrades.

Tomorrow going to rework all the stone upgrades I have in game and then new patch ready.
These stone upgrades still statically change item description and that is a no go. not dynamical enough :p
I have special feature for items to store custom features to them, so gona add stone upgrade also into the bunch.

Also seems like people like searching for secrets (yet none has been found xD)
Well I added 3 more to the bunch, gl :p

[22.05.2015]
Finished Bandit Mail mission
Started fixing bugs and adding improvements to existing features

[21.05.2015]
Started making new endgame mission: Bandit Mail mission

[20.05.2015]
Forest Mystery Area is scripted

[19.05.2015]
O boy, I haven't made much of progress with the new content.
Mainly I have been organizing my scripts again.

The "questSystem" I created last patch is taking over practically everything xD (renamed it into 'central')
This is going to change how data folders will look like.
Currently I have the old data folders what I can't delete without source edits and several new ones.
If something amazing comes out of this thread: lua > xml ? get finaly rid of xml!, I will probably go with the flow and shake off the entire TFS data folder organizing structure.

Almost finished scripting the new area though using the central system.

[16.05.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.9 hotfix

rather crucial bugs were found what needed quick attention

[13.05.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.9

[12.05.2015]
refactored entire herb system (all herbs related scripts)
improved lot general server scripts

[11.05.2015]
Cursed Bear Quest completed

[10.05.2015]
Cursed Bear Quest boss done

[09.05.2015]
Still working on "Quest Generating system 3"

[06.05.2015]
Started making new quest - Cursed Bear
Started making "Quest Generating System 3"

I have realized quests and missions are getting more and more unique in my server, which means that in my end there are like 10+ custom scripts/functions scattered around troughout the data folder, even though I kinda have central for quests.

If I continue like that, It will get more and more messier each time I add new missions and quests. So I sat back and gave a long though, what should I do to improve it.

The new Quest Generating System, which is 3rd and hopefully final improvement.
Is basically going to be a script registering central.
Whi World is not just an another server. It is a tool to create custom servers.
Almost everything in my game has configuration table. Which means I do less scripting and more of just filling tables.

The quest generating system will automatically register the scripts to correct configuration tables which makes the entire quest work as a whole.

This means all the quest related things are in file. Whenever something goes bad or I want to improve something, it's going to be very easy for me to find the issue or the file where to add the improvement.

The Cursed Bear quest will be the first quest what uses this system.
I will not update other quests and missions to use it just yet, but I will get to that eventually.

[05.05.2015]
re-designed and scripted new areas.
The waterfall map area is taken from other map I found in OTLand called "Azeroth".
But I didn't just copy paste it. I redesigned map a little to fit Whi World and scripted it to add some more exploring elements to that beautiful map piece.

[04.05.2015]
Added 2 new small map areas to Whi World.
Well It's pretty much 1 area, but since they look totally different and give different feeling, I just say 2 new areas xD

However both are part of Cursed Bear Quest.
The new area is added to East Forest.
A White temple like thing and the waterfalls under it.

[03.05.2015]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.8
2016 June - tutorial, central system
[30.06]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.2

[27.06]
Tutorial is organized.

[26.06]
Improving and organizing tutorial. 14/16 tutorial rooms ready

[25.06]
Another central system update.
I currently created 2 new systems what will register scripts to onDeath and to onHealthChange creaturescripts.
Whenever I need to expand it to more creaturescripts it should be fairly fast (pretty much copy paste) (or i might make a function between these too, if I see more clear pattern)
Anyway new idea is that when I make monster. I write the creaturescript function name to monster xml file (well yeah still have to use xml, I don't do source edits afterall)
then I can write the function (or it uses some default one) and I use central system to link it to monster. Once again of course the linking is done in central table and function is on the same file too. nice and organized.

Completed 9/16 tutorial rooms.

[24.06]
Improving and organizing tutorial. 7/16 tutorial rooms ready

[23.06]
Dayum this ain't going as smoothly as I though xD
Even though progress seems fast I have been pretty much improving every single script xD
And sometimes I create extra steps between the tutorials tasks (making tutorial more understandable and adding quality)
Not to mention I have to update central system with new features.

2/16 tutorial rooms ready (room count is small because the had to deal with a lot of other tutorial related scripts first)

[21.06]
all boss room are organized.
Starting area is organized.
Started organizing tutorial area. It will be turned into quest (tracked by questlog)

[18.06]
refactored most boss room scripts and preparing to organize these too trough central system.

[17.06]
Finished organizing ghoul room.
No idea did I increase the performance how the puzzle will work, but it sure looks better now.
Completing puzzles will complete the ghoul quest you get when you enter the room.
Npc's will help you if you don't know how puzzles work. (incase you didn't figure it out your own)
Also now when you enter rooted catacombs you get skillpoint and unlock the shortcut. (the temporar shortcut in smith house will remain)

[16.06]
Finished organizing ghost room.
Nerfed and buffed ghosts a little. They no longer stop you from moving (most of the time), but I did increase their damage.
Npc know a little more about ghost room (well before they didn't know anything xD)
The statue "puzzle" is turned into quest and now a lot harder.

[15.06]
Had no time to script so far. I continue scripting Whi World 16.06 (aka tomorrow)
Warmed up by driving car practically entire day.
Today exam again. Gotta get them licenses..

[11.06]
Organized Skeleton warrior room in Rooted Catacombs.
Changed the "bless hunt" into quest.
Improved Bone Flute mission a lot.

[09.06]
Organized Hehemi area and Hehemi Quest.

[06.06]
Organized Bandit Mountain area, Bandit Mountain Quest, Abuducted Quest and Campfire mission.
(Mail Mission was already made with new central system)

Small step back with organizing, I started splitting up areas into regions. This made me go back to forest and Cyclops dungeon to reorganize these areas too.

[02.06]
So far finished organizing Cyclops Dungeon area, Bandit Stash Quest, Sabotage quest.
Also reworked token bags. (for players it works the same, just code is better.

[1.06]
Somewhat finished with forgotten village scripts and forest area scripts + forest spirit quest.

Last edited:
History Page 9

2016 July - monsterAI and spellcreating system
[27.07.2016]
Completed Borthonos, Shadow, White deer spells

[25.07]
Completed Archanos spells

[22.07]
Completed Big Daddy spells

[19.07]
Completed Cyclops spells

[18.07]
Still working on monster AI and spellCreating system.
none of it is ready, I updated them step by step.
However cyclops monster now uses new monster AI and spellCreating System, just haven't stress tested to see how well it performs

[13.07]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.6

[11.07]
Created poll what you want me to do next for Whi World. New monster AI and spellCreating System to prepare for boss monster and fix the current lag issues or create new youtube video to spread more news about Whi World globally.
Result: 6 - 0

Started refactoring monster AI and SpellCreating System

[06.07]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.5

[04.07]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.4

[02.07]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.3

[01.07]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.2 hotfix
2016 August -npc system, mummy
[30.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.1

reputation feature is ready for npc's

[30.08]
Chatting feature is ready
Shop feature is ready
Started working on reputation feature

[27.08]
Chatting feature is ready for npc's (untested)
Started making new shop feature to npc's

[26.08]
Got around getting server work with new npc system.
Their AI and structure is now set.
Going to build features on it now.

[22.08]
Started refactoring npc system.

[18.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8

[17.08]
New items are ready

[16.08]
finished Mummy spells
Started thinking of 8 new equipment items.

[15.08]
Started making Mummy spells

[13.08]
Finished Mummy room Puzzle and quest

[10.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.9 hotfix

[08.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.9

[06.08]
Where I'm at with Whi World

[05.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.8

[04.08]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.7

[02.08]
Finished all other monster spells
2016 September - building feature
[30.09]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.4

[29.09]
Decent amount of items are added to house building catalog.
well at least 1 part of them xD
5 different wall themes, some have rails and archways and 1 theme has lot of different option to decorate the wall. Goes without saying you can build windows and doors to all of these wall themes.
Still missing floors and regular items and plants, but their time will come at their own pace.

[27.09]
house can be sold bought and rent is working

[22.09]
created house building tutorial

[21.09]
Started working on housing feature

[17.09]
Found out issue about global Depot, small fix has been made, not sure is it enough.

[15.09]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.3

[07.09]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.2

[05.09]
North forest is getting map changes.
Whi World new content scripting or refactoring old ones comes to few week hold.

[02.09]
challenge event is refactored.

[01.09]
reworking challenge event
2016 October - professions
[31.10]
farming profession added to the game

[27.10]
Started making farming profession

[26.10]
enchanting profession added to the game

[24.10]
finished brewing profession

[24.10]
cooking profession added to the game

+ improved how ongoing buffs are shown (food and potion buffs)

[22.10]
reworked how food and fluid containers work in game

[19.10]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.6

[17.10]
smithing & crafting profession added to the game

[15.10]
mining profession added to the game

[13.10]
Finished woodcutting feature

extra + picture:
Whi World [BETA 0.1.5.9]

[11.09]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.5

[10.10]
[ARPG] JazMaz OT (feat Whi World) server I was working on most of the time has been stopped for now.
Finished housing system.

Started making profession for Whi World.:
woodcutting
- to gets logs which is main ingredient for most constructions or crafting items
mining - to get metal ingredients, used for: crafting, smithing and building
crafting - to craft building materials or furniture for house or even some combat items (yeah I think I add some new equipment to game)
smithing - to craft building materials or combat items (more new equipment to game)
farming - to make your house look more beautiful or grow you desired herbs. (yes even minigame herbs)
enchanting - 3rd upgrade feature for items. (tip: start collecting spell scrolls)

All these professions will have experience and levels.

After these done I will refactor old professions to also adapt the experience tables and levels.
cooking
brewing

[06.10]
Whi World uses tibia client 10.98
testing house building

That playing was also while high xD
pretty fun. Sad that server has nobody playing anymore though xD

Seems the month I spent on different server is not going to continue.
But I hope we will finish it. Looking forward to make fun games.
JazMaz OT ran out of money for now :cDungeon crawling ARPG - with Whi World engine.

[04.10]
improving source code for Whi World

It was good idea since after I updated TFS I noticed that some of my custom changes were adapted by master branch TFS
If in future I look back this line and I have different source than current branch. Don't forget to show your changes and give reason why you did it.
2016 November - spellbook
[30.11]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.5

[29.11]
Silent patch (no patch notes - some things will be mentioned in future patch notes)

[27.11]
Started working on new special bag: Mineral bag

[25.11]
Play testing with friend

[23.11]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.2

[21.11]
spell book is ready

[18.11]
Testing spellbook and spells takes more time than expected. I practically have to spend 1 hour for each spell Oo
(Setting up test environment, constantly compare function flow if something feels off, sometimes fix something, etc)

I got over 100 spell buffs and I have to check how they work for every single spell.
And finally gotta test every single spell with every single buff xD
So yeah. thousands of tests to do and thousands of things to check.
Even though some of them can be bulk tested it still requires lot of time.

[14.11] - [17.11]
working on new spell book

Sometimes the current spellbook doesn't calculate spell damages or whatever accurately.
Some buff descriptions are inaccurate and overall the entire spellbook is like put together by 5 different configuration tables.
Spell book should work automatically and stay updated while new content is being added, but right now if I would need to add something, lot of things would require special treatment.
With the new spellbook I will make more function tools for myself which allow me to modify and balance current and upcoming spells even more effectively.
+ I make the spellbook calculations accurate and reduce the complexity of entire spellbook.
+ make it autoupdate when already linked spellbuff gets nerfed/buffed

[13.11]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.1

[11.11]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9

[09.11]
The patch numbers right now are pretty messed up. It looks like with this tempo I'm not going to reach patch 0.2 not even next year.
But worry not, because somehow I have managed to cramp almost everything between updates 0.1.5 and 0.1.6

Hunter class was planned for patch 0.1.7
But by now hunter has gotten 2 reworks and several balance changes.

Pvp was also planned for patch 0.1.7 and if you remember the start was already made on earlier patch notes.
Sure I need to rework lot of things, but the logic still remains the same and I know way more what I need to code than before.

The house building feature along with several professions were planned for patch 0.1.9
Now all that is already done.

Huge system like updated monster AI and spellcreating system was also planned for future, but its already done and running smoothly.

Which I didn't plan before was the central system which requires to rewrite all my codes what use configuration tables.
However practically all codes written this year didn't took that much time to convert.

After I complete the Lore Boss - Demon Skeleton
The patches will start hopping along way faster

[07.11]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.8

playing Whi World from start to finish with druid.

[03.11]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.8.7
2016 December - item system
[30.12]
Started working on new itemSystem.

Long time ago when I wanted to learn meta tables (OOP kind of things in Lua)
I wrote itemSystem with meta tables.
Over time I learned that the methods I have been using and perfecting (similar to functional programming) would have been much better. Since there were few things I could simply not manipulate with old itemSystem, but what I would have liked to manipulate.

In new itemSystem I will be able to effectively and automatically randomize the unique effect attributes items have.

[22.12]
Left home, there will be no more live updates for months.
I can not access my host from Norway (where I am now)

Also taking a break until end of the year.
Christmas with family and settling in.

In addition offline server updates will be slowed down.
My main priority is now to help my father to build his house.
But when I got free time and I'm near computer I will be spending it on my life goals > Whi World

[21.12]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.7 - hotfixes

[16.12]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.7

[06.12]
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.9.6

Last edited:
In the weapon lua script, you could get the direction of the player and compare the position of the player and target.
With north the y of the target should be lower, with east the x of the target should be higher, with south the y of the target should be higher and with west the x of the target should be lower.
Then if it matches do the combat, else nothing.

History Page 15

Last edited:
History Page 16

Last edited:
Back