• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9

NPC's:
Tonka: gives hints to 2 additional herbs
Priest: 2 remaining missions unlocked

Quests:
New quest added: Sabotage Quest
Cyclops Stash Quest reworked - The idea remains the same, its just harder and in better looking environment.

Other:
Lootbag size can be upgraded with another loot bag (if the other lootbag is received from somewhere else, lootbags gotten from same place can't be stacked)
Now if you use the loot bag a modal window will pop up, which will show items what are inside the bag and you can choose which one to take out.

Brewing:
all herbs and potions are now obtainable by players.
New tool added for this: herb knife

Map:
Cyclops Dungeon has been Reworked, thank @daadyboy5 for that.
Desert and Forest borderline has been reworked, thank @.Shirako. for that.

Maybe I post some pictures too later, because well this patch has more visuals than anything else. (expect the new quest)

Last edited:
Cyclops Dungeon Map pictures:
12314p2.jpg

21d24wl.jpg

2ij5h5u.jpg

2gugpae.jpg
Forest-desert borderline pictures:
288nj92.jpg

9fqhys.jpg
Whi World Wands:
11jaywo.jpg

In addition finished new feature to game. Hardcore pillars and teleport runes.
If player finds the way to HC rooms there may be a thing called HC pillar.
If player uses pillar he gets a teleport rune.
With that rune player can teleport to town with the amount of different charges it has.
They get the charges by using teleport rune on these same HC pillars.

Next patch there will be 3 Hardcore pillars, gl finding them my fellow explorers :D (currently there is 3 HC rooms in game, next patch 1 more will be added)

Whi World Body equipment:
658gnk.jpg

Added new feature to secret hardcore rooms.
You might find a Gem altar.
What it does is gives a random gem for you after each x hours.

Working on last script: Death penalty. Hopefully I finish it today.
Either way Going to patch server tomorrow with the latest fixes players have found.

Glad to see you're still working on this. Looks nice, brother.
As long as there are players playing I will keep updating the live version.

Even if not I will keep working on server until its ready and when its ready I wont stop improving it until I see 2000+ unique players online.

Well server is down.
Can't put it back up either before tomorrow :< (lost connection to host)

EDIT:
ok nvm. Its up again xD

Last edited:
Haven't played this since the day it came out xD
It seems like you've been updating it non-stop so I think I'll try it again. :)

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.4

NPC's:
Fixed major bug with NPC shops where they still used the old TFS function to remove items.
Fixed bug where npc's did not recognize items what had type. (due to this npc priest accepted vial of blood even though he was looking for the water one)
Annoying NPC: Gives infinite amount of hammers to fix the machine.

Other:
Fixed the bug where dieing in tutorial room bypassed the special re-spawn locations.
Fixed bug where field still did damage even after you died

Tutorial:
Fixed bug where tutorial dummy nerf was not applied to Dummy when entering the room.

Food:
fixed bug where some foods were not considered as part of food.

Loot:
fixed typo where knight dropped mage spell instead of knight spell. sry for inconvenience.

Spells:
Heat: fixed bug where this spell did not do aoe damage with The Nami Boots equipped.
Armorup: I don't understand what was wrong with the armorUp spell duration. I reworked the script now, lets see does it bug out again.

Monsters:
Deer: Reduced HP by 200
Wolf: Reduced HP by 200
Boar: Reduced HP by 200
Bear: Reduced HP by 200

Items:
Gem Altar: This item gives a random gem every x hours (can be found in hardcore rooms)
Teleport Stone: A stone what teleports player back to town, can be charged in hardcore rooms.

Death System:
added Death Penalty.
From now on all the players who are level 5 or higher might loose items.
EVERY ITEM CAN BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY (and is treated differently)
There are chances to loose or soulbound* items so 1 time you might get lucky and nothing happens and other time you might loose it all.
soulbound* currently means that item will can be destroyed next time you die with it.
Currently (if I'm not wrong). All equipment items turn into soulbounded* items first.
In future you wont be able to upgrade soulbound* items (but that is for later, not going to harass so much for now)
In addition your equipment can loose item upgrades.

Last edited:
> POST 1 HAS BEEN UPDATED <

Did you try? How far you got?
Didn't play THAT much since I have to redo the things I've already done before. It's pretty boring but I didn't manage to find some cool new things to spice it up a bit.
Made a life thread if you want to follow it. :)
https://otland.net/threads/whi-world-adventure-thread.238437/

OH BTW.. I tried to sell monsters products to the Tanner NPC, but he took my products without giving me money.... Not sure if it's supposed to be like that but I ended up losing 45 animal leathers.

@edit Okay so I tried to give the Tanner NPC some animal leather for reputation. I had 40 animal leathers on me but all he did was take all of my leather and didn't even give me any rep.

Last edited:
Didn't play THAT much since I have to redo the things I've already done before. It's pretty boring but I didn't manage to find some cool new things to spice it up a bit.
Made a life thread if you want to follow it. :)
https://otland.net/threads/whi-world-adventure-thread.238437/

OH BTW.. I tried to sell monsters products to the Tanner NPC, but he took my products without giving me money.... Not sure if it's supposed to be like that but I ended up losing 45 animal leathers.

@edit Okay so I tried to give the Tanner NPC some animal leather for reputation. I had 40 animal leathers on me but all he did was take all of my leather and didn't even give me any rep.
Ty for feedback, took me a while but finally I found the problem. Going to patch server soon.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.5

NPC's:
Fised bug where NPC sometimes sucked at counting items.

Death System:
If you are protected with HC protection you will not loose items or hardcore life.
Currently HC protection can be gained from boss signs (only for boss fights)
and for challenge event
(in addition you have HC protection until you reach level 3)
Fixed bug where you got respawned back to boss waiting room even though you did not pay for it beforehand.

Other:
Improved overall item manipulation functions.

Monsters:
White Deer: New spell: speedBoost. Increases movement speed for himself and surrounding creatures for short amount of time.
White Deer: New spell: stun. Stuns player if player takes damage with the stun spell.
White Deer: removed spell: charge. The server did crash because of that quadtruple pathfinding function. I can bring charge spells back after I remake spellCreating system again, which wont happen any time soon.
White Deer: Are back in forest to piss all you off!

Map:
Even though I don't really care about the map bugs for the default areas (which are not improved). However if someone takes time to state the obvious bug I will fix it.

dilemma..
How the fuck I'm suppose to write this effect in understandable way?
[barrier takes 25% of your armor value less physical damage]"
Right now if I read it, I know what I mean, but makes me wonder does anybody else?

I'm changing an item effect because currently its useless.
new effect idea:
25% of your total armor is the amount of how much your barrier takes less damage. If the damage type is physical.

Example:
your armor is 80
bear takes 100 damage
you got 100 barrier left.
25% from 80 is 20.
You take 80 damage.

EDIT:
Ok nvm.. rolled back the changes. I just found out that i had bug in barrier spell..
Shikara nankan is not that bad at all xD Actually even had to nerf it.

Last edited:
Was bored today. Did some changes I wrote down yesterday while playing. Might aswell update to make my mage stronger :3

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.6

Skills:
Power of Love: skill changed from "Heal spells give x% more HP." to "Heal effects on you give x% more HP."

Spells:
Maximum damage cant go lower than minimum damage. This will make defensive builds more viable for not making damage spells completely useless.

Other:
increased treasure chest size which is in your bank from 10 to 40. Get that loot!
Fixed bug which didn't allow players to join parties. (this happens if you have several different server scripts in same data folder...)

Monsters:
Big Daddy: added pickaxe to loot drop

Items:
Most commonly used stackable items can now be stacked if bag is full. It has bothered lot of people that you couldn't put animal leathers to same stack when bag was full. Now I made haxed LUA workaround for this.

All items description have been moved to itemSystem. Which again means that you might have some effects written twice on your items.

Fixed bug where looking soulbound item turned all items with same ID to soulbound for rest of that game session xD(Good thing I found this out before anyone else got soulbound item in live version :D)

Loot bag: When taking bag out of loot bag it drops it on the floor.
Loot bag: Can't put soulbound items into loot bag.
Pickaxe: new Item. No secrets with it. It simply can destroy those stones you all hate in some reason.
Shikara Nankan: fixed bug where armor bonus was not calculated in !stats
Shikara Nankan: changed effect from: [10% of current barrier goes to armor] to [5% of current barrier goes to armor]

Alright man, because this is in Beta I'll leave some feedback.

This server isn't like anything I've played before. The experience system is a little odd; I've got mixed emotions about it. On one hand, it is probably the best anti-bot technique to hit the OTs. Killing creatures is easy with a bot. However, especially with the way you interact with NPCs, turning in the tasks is hard for a bot. The skills system is absolutely brilliant. However there's a small problem I've already run in to, and that is the inconvenience of having to allocate them 1 at a time after resetting them. Perhaps an Allocate Max button?

I really enjoyed the challenging "tutorial". However, it didn't really touch a lot of bases. It felt more like a quest than a tutorial. The puzzles were great, but rather than focusing on what was happening, it made it more about what was going to happen next. The potion making felt rushed and left more to be desired (how did I get the powder? I figured it out later, but it feels like something that should be learned in the tutorial).

The one thing that really bugged me later were the NPCs. I understand you are trying to make them seem like they are actually a part of the town, but what I don't understand is why they have to move around everywhere! Keep them in one spot so I can keep returning and not have to search around for them. Other than that I'd say keep doing what you're doing. I'll probably end up revisiting this server from time to time just to see how updates are coming along.

However there's a small problem I've already run in to, and that is the inconvenience of having to allocate them 1 at a time after resetting them. Perhaps an Allocate Max button?

I have though of it.
And actually wrote it down for patch 0.1.7.x that I should do this after I saw the new LoL skilltree.
But since you addressed this issue, I will bring it to the next patch.
(not sure when its going to happen not this week prolly)

I really enjoyed the challenging "tutorial". However, it didn't really touch a lot of bases. It felt more like a quest than a tutorial. The puzzles were great, but rather than focusing on what was happening, it made it more about what was going to happen next. The potion making felt rushed and left more to be desired (how did I get the powder? I figured it out later, but it feels like something that should be learned in the tutorial).
Ty you for feedback. However the next tutorial improvement is also planned for patch 0.1.7.x Meanwhile gotta roll with what I got. Your feedback will be considered when I start improving tutorial.

The one thing that really bugged me later were the NPCs. I understand you are trying to make them seem like they are actually a part of the town, but what I don't understand is why they have to move around everywhere!
Gj NPC. You are doing what you are suppose to do :D Annoy the fuck out of the visitors :D

Been awfully quiet.
Taking break until end of week.
Working on new youtube video.

Back