• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

I'm off today, so gonna give it another try.

edit: nvm, the site ain't working for me for some reason

I'm off today, so gonna give it another try.

edit: nvm, the site ain't working for me for some reason
yeah, host went down yesterday and forgot it about. Just 15mins ago Fixed the problem.

Other than that.
So far created 6 new items.
Sneak peaks:
every time you cast a spell(any spell) something happens :p
lifesteal is back somewhat somehow! :D
mana dependent items are here!

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5
Deleted 226 characters from datapase who has not played since I first started using NPC system 4 (around patch 0.1.4.5
BTW: I did give you 1 notice somewhere along the way that I will delete old characters if you don't log in.
Anyway this leaves around 150 characters undeleted.

Some overall changes and new meanings to few effects:
If I ever use weapons as formula then know where does what weapon belong where xD
range weapons = bows, spears, crossbows, projectiles
magic weapons = wands
melee weapons = aces, maces, swords, projectiles(what can be equipped to left hand)
weapons = all the above.

SkillTree:
accurate strike:
changed effect from [critical hit chance with melee* weapon increased by (value*x)%] to [increases critical hit chance by (value*x)%]

Spells:
poison:
damage formula changed from (10 + L + mL*2 + sLd - sLs*2 - sLw) to (10 + L + mL*4 + sLd - sLs*2 - sLw)
trap:
damage formula changed from (150 + L*2 + sLs*15 - mL*3 - sLw*5 - sLd*5) to (150 + L*20 + sLs*30 - mL*5 - sLw*5 - sLd*6)
trap
: slow formula changed from (25 + mL*3 + sLs*2 - sLw*3 - L - sLd*2) to (25 + mL*4 + sLs*2 - sLw*3 - L - sLd*2)
armorUp:
testing new custom addEvent system on this spell. Let me know when armorup doesn't seem to work like it suppose to.

Map:
removed level requirements from door.
Changed map boundaries. (you might even see skeletons xD)

Missions
:
Most collecting missions require 20% less items than before.

Highscores:
hunter highscores has been enabled
(no clue how highscores affected by deleted characters xD, lets hope my script realizes the gaps itself)

Quests:
some dangerous changes done with quest system. Hopefully it wont mess all the quests in game.
Sabotage quest: Improved hints and made the quest easier to find.

Overview What has changed from 0.1.4 - 0.1.5

Skilltree: with 20! unique talents.
NPC system 4: talking trough modal window and very smart npc's. they can even talk with eachother.
reputation system: reputation what can be increased by helping them with something specific or with some missions/tasks.
Cook - deals with food. Teaches dish recipes.
Task master - gained by tasks and by killing monster. Unlocks challenges*
Priest - deals with herbs. Gives herb secrets.
Tanner - deals with tanning materials. Crafts items.​

new items:
Loot bag - container
Warrior boots - boots
Bianhuren - shield
kamikaze pants - legs
skill stone - upgrade item
death stone - upgrade item for mages
energy stone - upgrade item for mages​

loot system:
very unique and dynamical loot system. Whree drops can manipulated with items, bonuses, actions or stats, etc.

monster improvements: Custom resistances, some monsters deal minimum damage even if you block it all with items/spells.

Bosses:
bosses have a bounty, the more people fail on them, the higher the gold reward gets.
new solo-boss - Shadow.
reworked world-boss - White Deer.
map updates:
shadow boss room created by me.
Cyclops dungeon improved by @daadyboy5
forest/desert border improved by @.Shirako.

Recipe system: More accurate and better designed recipe book and way to figure out the recipes (tonka tasks)

Quest System: system what makes scripter life much easier, because most actions are automatic.

Tutorial: added 8 more tutorial rooms and made it much easier to understand.

improved herb system: scripter stuff. goes along with the NPC Tonka tasks

improved player data system: More and more scripts and functions what have anything to do with player can be tracked trough this system.

improved damage system: Increased performance by ALOT when damage is dealt to anyone in game.

improved Potion system: even easier to make potions and make sure they work properly

new food System: food shows what they give and they can be eaten at the same time!

new condition system:
everything what places condition in game runs trough this system, what makes it very easy to apply, track down or change it.

highscores added: all boss fights are being recorded and displayed as a rank top 10 rank table for each vocation and overall. And whatever your place may be, it will say that too.

Challenge* Event: Cool event where you fight off with specific theme of monsters. They come as waves and you must survive as long as possible. You can join this event up to 3 players at once. (the more players, the harder it gets). Event rewards are skillpoints and gems. Currently there 2 challenges.

Improved upgrade gems: Can now be applied to all equipment items. And on shields each gem has special effect!

token bag system: Player can now turn bags into token bags and carry token bag inside bags.

improved tool system: Can be stacked by using them on eachother.
hammers can remove gems.
pickaxe added - can destroy cyclops stones​

new Questlog: modal window questlog to track all the RPG stuff.

new item System: easier for me to create unique items much faster and less buggy items when I change them.

new stat system: player can now see their character stats with command !stats

new death System: players who have gotten accustomed to game, will start suffering with custom death system, where every item can be treated differently when player dies. Where items can be:
removed
dropped
soulbounded*
loose upgrades​

Quests: I think I mentioned quest system.
cyclops stash quest has been reworked (the one where you had to lit the coal basins)
cyclops sabotage has been added (new quest)​

improved hardcore system: added secret hardcore room to cyclops dungeon and filled hehemi hardcore room with some new things.
teleport stones - teleports back to home village and can be charged in the hardcore rooms.
gem altars - give random gem every now and then.​

added hunter class: its prototype and not fully balanced and doesn't have defensive equipment. But well its there if you want to test it already.

AND of course A LOT OF balance changes, tasks and missions added.
Im sure I missed several things, but I hope I covered the most important changes in this patch.

Upcoming changes for patch 0.1.5 - 0.1.6
5 new monsters
1 new boss (a real boss)
40+ items
4 new vocation spells + 1 rare spell
4 new quests
lore quest continues

And all the nitty gritty stuff what comes along with content updates (missions, tasks)

Some people who might be interested in this overview:
@Mokerhamer , @Cornex , @Killx , @Sheinen Highfive , @TheMyth , @kozmo , @wilbury , @Shade ~ , @Nevalopo , @macedoon , @Lifer420 , @Zasranets , @Ahilphino, @Eiffel , @samco , @Exorcist , @Flatlander , @Unclehox , @Mr. Greyshade , @kamilcioo , @WibbenZ , @Mariuskens , @Peonso , @Jacobs , @Nu77 , @sethg10

Last edited:
Somewhat realistic schedule.

I said start of this week that my goal is to make the next patch in 2 weeks (14 days), However this calculation was based off the fact I work on server every day xD
I'm not much of a holiday person, but I still get dragged into these things and as it looks like, this seems like a holiday month...

I will try to get Patch 0.1.5.1 out in 30th December. Because after that I will go into different dimension for a while.

Patch 0.1.5.1 will have:
2 new monsters: Skeleton, ghoul
1 quest: "unknown name"
4 new player spells
12 new equipment items
2 new tasks
2 new missions (At minimum)

Currently I'm not doing thing in order. I just though as many item ideas I could and working on them atm. (42 item ideas)
So far 16 items has been made

As for the patches next year. I'm not sure yet how will it go. Next month finishing up car licenses so not sure what are my free days. Will c.

Alright cool, cool! I'm exited :D
Today spent around 4 hours on making the new dungeon room. (at best 1 hour on the mapping itself)
But the map isn't the thing I want to talk about, because I'm horrible at this either way.

As you can see I spent quite some time scripting that horrible map. Oh yea, you going hate me for that or love me (depends how is your brain going handle that puzzle)
Its not hard to figure out though, its simple. But sure as hell it will be VERY annoying in first tries :D
+ You gotta solve the puzzle while fighting! HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE. GG REKT
Each floor will have couple of ghouls at ya.
What will ghouls do? No clue. Seriously.. no clue yet xD
Hopefully will start making them tomorrow. In any case, they will cool and unique like rest of my monsters.

O well, that was that for today. Going to keep on afking on my server for while and then gona watch One Piece. Like wtf, usually I watch new episode ASAP.

:eek:

I added 1 floor of different type of puzzle to the ghoul room.
Scripting that one took quite some time :D

Taking break now and gona afk around in my game, before I start making Ghoul.

Well, I'm close to getting the patch ready.
I could get the patch out in hour or so I guess, but if nobody is interested to join me testing new area. I might aswell not patch it and test it on my sandbox where I got better test tools.
So question is, somebody wants to check out the new stuff with me in live server in like hour? or I update live server in like 2-3 hours?

I really liked how you are developing this, maybe you should start using OTC. You can have less limitation, also in future if you replace CIP sprites you can have a brand new game.
btw keep developing, you are on the right path!!

I really liked how you are developing this, maybe you should start using OTC. You can have less limitation, also in future if you replace CIP sprites you can have a brand new game.
btw keep developing, you are on the right path!!
well I know my post 1 is HUGE, but these plans are already set down months ago.
However the timeline gives quite nice overview if you ask me.
As soon as I finish this patch content I will start leaning OTC.

ehm, well i kinda updated Whi World now. Gona make patch notes tomorrow. (hopefully no bugs, half hazed scripting was going on here)

Cheers

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.1

NEW Items > equipment:
arcane boots
zvoid boots
kakki boots
chivit boots
gribit legs
chamak legs
stone legs
demonic legs
amanita hat
blessed iron helmet
blessed turban
blessed hood

NEW Items > collectables:
ghoul flesh
skeleton bone

NEW spells:
taunt - hunter spell
onyxdef - knight spell
innervate - druid spell
imp - mage spell

NEW Monsters:
Skeleton - skeleton move in packs and the more you kill them the scarier they get :p
Ghoul - Not too scary. However they are only found in special room, which will force you to fight them in very unique situation.

Map:
New area south from Forgotten Village: Capital Naaru remnants.
New area Rooted Catacomb. Located in Capital Naaru remnant area.
New area Ghoul Room. Inside Rooted Catacombs.

Other:
Ghoul room is like a quest place. There are 2 different types of puzzles to rack your brain on.
More importantly. Its even harder to get there, you need to gather lot of good food and find some undead resistance items to even explore rotted catacombs comfortably.

Question, would this be good idea?
I bring my monster spellCreating System to the test room and then every player can create their own monsters with the spells you wanted to make.
All you do is attach spells commands with modal window or something and my system will generate the script.

However it would take 2 days to make it for me. So not sure do you want me to make it or I just continue making next monster: ghost (something creepy and another unique playstyle)
Nobody has tried the current monsters yet so idk how to balance it, but it should be equally hard as the ghoul room.

Another question.
Do you want me to add new items to wiki or you don't want the spoil yet and instead be amazed in the game?
ALso should i make pictures of new room? Or I wait until someone gets that room? Because maybe you want to plan something out xD (in case you don't get the bigger picture of the last room puzzle)

I think I will not yet make the lore behind this new rooted catacombs, because I'm not even sure where I'm going with this xD
I wanted to make story about a life tree which was used for black magic. But still make something challenging. So the rooms and puzzles kinda don't make sense xD When all ready and I will think of a reason.

After someone tries the update, I will make the questlog and make as any hints as much trouble you had with the puzzles (if any)

I might have to buff items even more though, or nerf monsters. Only tested are the spells working. But these skeletons Might fuck ppl up after a small while and turn into unbeatable monsters xD
The ghouls itself should be quite easy. Made most spells counterable. Problem however is the room itself xD

A new ideas:
A bar into forgotten village: In that bar is drinking game.
In the bar players can also skip tutorials for other players but they gotta drink or something.

Aight, the break is over. Going to start working on Whi World after this post.

Seems there is no uptake on what you want to see on Whi World next. So I guess, I just keep following my scripting plan.

I think after the next patch(0.1.5.2). I will put the hold on scripting for a while and continue documenting the Whi World. (unless someone helps me with that)
But if you think its not necessary and instead I should continue making game mechanics ready first, let me know and give your opinion.

I see that people do give feedback for new ideas what presented to them and seem like they are exited about it.
The problem for me is that: I script a lot of unique ideas every time I work on Whi World. But in order for you to see them. You have to play my game to see it.
I can simply solve the problem by making pictures and explaining every single new change I do for Whi World.

The cons of that is:
1. Visual Documentation takes 10-20minutes. This means that patches would take twice as long to come out, because it simple takes a lot more time do all this.
(fun fact is that scripting the idea takes usually as much time, that's the main reason I start making new script instead of documenting it xD)
2. Players/testers have nothing to discover. Everything is already shown.

The pros of that is:
1. You will see and understand what's new without having to play the game.
2. Higher chance I get feedback more often.
Last time I got feedback for game was around 1 month ago by @Raging Epidemic and @Zasranets. (as you can see, quite long time ago, compared to how much I add to my game weekly)

Now about the help I'm looking.

I will explain, what kind of help I'm looking for and throw out some potential names who might be interested helping me with this.

Currently I have made lot of new items to my game and lot of more items exist in game what are not added to wiki.
I think its easier start visually documentation for these. Later on it will get more complicated if we start documenting features I have in Whi World.
You can see how Whi World team has done item documentation before in here: WW wiki

So what exactly we will do?
You take a picture of item.
You take a picture of item description in console.
You put these 2 pictures together and add the name of the item on top of picture.
You create text file, where you write your thoughts about the item and what it should be good for.
You send the picture and text file to me.

I will make a list of item in single picture to put it up on wiki.
I will use the txt file as item explanation and if there is something missing then I add it.

What is that good for?

Easier to browse trough features and items Whi World already has.
These same exemplars can be later used for youtube videos or at least will give idea how to make it better.

People who I think might be interested helping me with this:
@Killx
@TheMyth
@Zasranets
@Nevalopo

Yesterday I created new monster - ghost.
Its nothing special though, compared to other monsters.
Only unique thing about that monster is the fact its invisible.
It doesn't take damage while invisible and when ghost is visible then it goes in panic mode and doesn't target you.

Today finished the room.
The room is build that there are some "tools" you can use to reveal ghosts.

The room itself has "meh" questlike thing.
Seriously, I tried to think something cool, but anything I came up with didn't have the right feel.
So this room ended up being very simple: Reach to specific statues in specific order without dieing.
Hopefully the ghost will give you the "OMG , STAHP THAT CC!!" feeling.

Linked 8 new items to the ghost and created task and mission for that monster.

So the content is ready. However I got something extra I want to bring with this patch. So wait and see, hopefully tomorrow its ready.

On 6th and 7th, I most likely won't be scripting.

Deam, sorry. So close to get the patch out, but now I'm too tired to continue.

Today I finished new minigame: drinking game (more details will be given in game, because well.. its drinking game :D xD)

Also created new feature: level 3 or higher players can skip tutorials for new players if they wish so.

NOT UPDATING server yet because missing 1 more feature.

players who have verified their accounts with OTLand name will get 10% loot boost and 5% damage reduction and also can skip tutorial.
(How to verify acc, will be explained later.)

Also I have noticed that past few days there has been 13 new accounts created to Whi World, but only 2 of them have logged in.
Is there a problem using IPchanger and client? let me know if there is. (you can also report of a problem on the website itself)
However if you expected simple download and play option, then you most likely have to wait till patch 2.0

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.2

NEW Items > equipment:
traptrix quiver
ghatik shield
yashimaki
demonic shield
warrior helmet
pinpua hood
kamikaze mask
snaipa helmet

NEW Items > collectables:
ghost powder

NEW Monsters:
Ghost - ghost are invisible targets who take no damage if they are invisible and teleport players around. GOOD LUCK hue hue hue.

Map:
New area Ghost Room. Inside Rooted Catacombs.

Other:
Ghost room is like a quest place. You gotta do some running around in that room to get the blessing.

Commands:
!verify - is used to verify your account if you have the code given by me.
!help - allows players to skip other player tutorials.
!config - now shows verification status and has option to skip tutorial if account is verified.

Verification System:
verified accounts have 10% bigger chance to loot items.
verified accounts take 5% less damage from all sources.
verified accounts can skip tutorial.

To verify account, state your character name you are using in Advertisement thread and I will send you the code trough PM.
This way I can ask some feedback questions from you directly if I see that you played.

Helping System:
If you are level 3 in game and you have friend who wants to join you but cant be bothered to go trough the long tutorial, you can skip it for him, by using command !help

Minigame - drinking game:
Its designed so you can drink along with the game in real life.
However not going into details how this works in this forum, you can see to it yourself in game.
The minigame is located in Forgotten Village, 2nd floor in Tanner House.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.2.1

NEW Items > equipment:
traptrix quiver
ghatik shield
yashimaki
demonic shield
warrior helmet
pinpua hood
kamikaze mask
snaipa helmet

Tutorial:
Fixed bug where players could not enter kiting tutorial room. Players can now once again complete tutorial xD
Fixed bug where you couldn't pick new class when you already had a class.

Monsters:
Skeleton - he bones what are scattered around by skeletons last 2 timer longer than before.
Skeleton - increased skeleton bone damage what he throws and what scatters around. Didn't feel threatening enough :3
Skeleton - after you kill skeleton it will take now twice longer for them to respawn. Maybe its possible to get into catacombs without YOLO mode now?

Spells:
Imp - Sadly I can not fix the problem if IMP changes target and then doesn't change it back, this problem comes from sourcecode and I'm very crappy with source edit and I don't like to do that very often.
Hopefully I was able to make it so that imp doesn't change targets in first place. If not, well then gotta live with that bug for months xD

Items:
Improved itemSystem once again. Hopefully everything works like it worked before. The improvement was simply for me to make custom items even faster.

Last patch my server started crashing every now and then after player logs out.
Not sure what is the cause yet, but I assume its my garbage collection function what executes every 15minutes.
Just recently made it delete monster targets who are no longer exist.
Hopefully its the case and fixed next patch.

Today I improved scaling system. The function is more optimized now.
In addition monsters no longer calculate their maxHP every 2 second. Instead it has a little more complicated interval.
This will allow teams to "sneak" up to the target and burst them down before their HP scales to correct size compared with your team size.

Also today I nerfed Mage class.
Area explosions made by players no longer pass solid objects and do not reach behind them (depending on the angle, the not reachable area is different)
The system is not yet final and has some "holes" in it. But I will fix them eventually.
I just got tired to do it all in one shot. Spent 5 hours straight on scripting that function for single solid objects.

Tomorrow the plan is to improve the drinking game.
4 of my friends played that game along in real life (hence the detoxing day on Sunday) + Cornex who tagged along to test the game :D

If tomorrow I get ready Warrior Skeleton room (just the room) I will update the server.
Because the Skeleton Warrior room is a maze and I'm not sure its possible xD, I made a lil too complicated.. haha
Hopefully someone will test and let me know is it possible or not xD
I will place a teleport into bank which leads to maze

Explosion manipulation question:
Should I make explosions to reflect, change angle and/or absorb upon meeting obstacles?

Pros: Explosion and wave spells don't loose too much strength instead the power is distributed differently

Cons: Players can abuse the explosion strength in corners. By making 2-3 times more damage to single position. Which give a distinct advantage to mages for now (and hunters later)

(I removed diffraction from explosions yesterday, because it looked too weird with it, or to make it look normal, it practically has no effect xD)

Back