• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Didn't have time to work on project today.
Did couple of fixes and improvements, but not much.

Most time consuming fix was for Monster:getFriendList, because seems like the TFS default function was crappy. Not only one did not recognize his own summons, but also though that enemy summons were their friends.
With this, White Deer is probably going to RECK YOU ALL!!

Tomorrow I will bring the Whi World patch notes!!
Theoretically all the listed bugs are fixed now!

"Your character could not be loaded."
? I created 3 chars and it says the same

"Your character could not be loaded."
? I created 3 chars and it says the same
Fixed. Removed towns from my server and replaced it with checkpoint system. Forgot to reset the website settings regarding towns.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.1

Tutorial:
Completely new tutorial with 16 rooms. Each room is puzzle or challenge to be solved or completed.
In every tutorial room there will be NPC who helps you to get past the room if you get stuck or don't know what to do.
You only get to try tutorial, when you make new character. (next patch you have an option to skip tutorial)

Minigame:
Drinking Game: Fixed bug where in certain sequence of actions you were able to stop minigame.
Challenge event: Fixed bug where Task Master did not accept your money.

Spells:
Imp:
No longer follows other friendly players.
Volley: You can no longer shoot trough walls or trees or such. Instead they arrows will be stopped by it.
Volley: Fixed bug where the arrows dealt no damage.
Death and Spark: Enemies can no longer move trough your spell without taking any damage.
Death and Spark: Enemies no longer take damage from same cast twice.

Missions:
Vial of Water:
This mission gives more hints and is moved to first mission.
Meatpie: This mission can only be accepted if Vial of Water mission is completed.

Tasks:
Improved some Tonka task hints where to find the herb information.

SpellBook:

You can now print the spellBook information to your console.
This means you no longer have to memorize the spellwords to type them in hotkeys or to explain others what does your spell do. Now just print the text to your local chat and copy paste it for them.

Reputation System:
Tanner rep:
You now need to be level 4 to start collecting reputation towards Tanner
Cook rep: You now need to be level 4 to start collecting reputation towards Cook

NPC's:

Fixed bug where the player needed to wait 60 seconds before new options appeared to NPC chat window.
Also reduced the time how long the repeatable question wont appear to 30 seconds.

Monsters:
Fixed all monsters what scaled based on how many friendly players around them.
This means White Deer is back for revenge!

Commands:
Removed !c and !commands list.
Moved it all to player information panel which can be opened by looking yourself.

Map:

New tutorial area.
The scarab holes on map now have a name.
Added hammer to Smith house. You can use it to remove gems from equipment.
Improved Desert Border, Now you can find random items from skeletons in that area instead of fixed items over time.

DeathSystem
:
Increased the item death penalty to level 10.

Other:
Fixed bug in ghoul room. When you failed puzzle it doubled the Ghoul amount in the room xD
Fixed bug where players could not enter PVP room because I simply forgot to make the stairs teleport you there...
You can no longer Buy the sign in PvP room. Lol...sometimes the automatic systems give hilarious outcomes.
Fixed bug where you did not game stat information about other player.

Improved firecamps. Now explains player what happened when you use water on them and added 2nd secret about them :p

New DoorSystem. Some doors close automatically some not. some have special effects some not.
Either way its not systematical and easy for me to manipulate.

Yesterday was another successful day. Finally some players playing on in the server :D and lot of bugs pop up which have been accumulated past few months.
Today will fix all what found yesterday and patch it up when ready. Not sure will I release patch notes because of it though. Either way I let you know when server is updated again.

Small overview what gets fixed or improved:
Several tutorial rooms will get nerfed or more explanation.
Spellbook is not correctly set up, no problem for player, but I get errors in console.
Messed up function randomPos() and now I need to fix it and when i do all things what used this function will work again.
Hunter spell !trap will get buffed.

EDIT: Oh btw, what is the next thing I should add to the game?
I know I want to make Lua talkaction system for god, but that will take hardly any time.
So Not sure what is the next step on line.

Last edited:
You didn't even look at my code did you :(
Btw, I am still tweaking the regex..

Last edited:
Today will fix all what found yesterday and patch it up when ready.
yeah about that... somehow I managed to get offtrack and started making new feature to spellBook.
It will show in spellBook if spell is modified by potion or skill or item.
Right now it did modify the formula, but now it will track everything.
For this feature I'm creating config table and reworking practically all spell buffing functions and spells. This is taking LOT OF time. But hey around 40% of config got completed today.

Deam this was complex xD

This time created the spellBook script using local functions. Uff idk was it good idea xD
I certainly didn't have to make and/or pass variables over and over again. But god damn this script looks bad :D
10+ local functions and inside local functions there are more local functions in which there are few more xD

Anyway spellBook feature is now ready. Basically nothing much changed for player, expect the formulas what spellBook calculates for you are more accurate and now it also writes buff effects what directly change your spell.

Haven't added hunter spell modifiers to config yet, I will do that tomorrow or something.
Also spellconfig table got updated so I gotta go back to all the spells and change the way it gains the formulas. Probably going to make a function.
Anywho, this was just 1 small step making items, spells, skills connected.

Next time I will try to make function what generates any player spell based on spellConfig and buffConfig. Although not sure when will be that next time. Definitely going to finish the Rooted Catacombs first.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.5.3

Tutorial:
Improved and fixed several bugs.

Spells:
Imp:
You no longer can have more than 1 imp out at the same time.
Trap: Formula improved. Practically doubled the slow amount.
armorup: Now armor goes down when time runs out (for a year its been when the time has ran out and you take hit xD)

SpellBook:
Items what directly improve spell effect are now also shown in spellBook.
In addition the formula what is calculated for you is even more accurate now.

Monsters:
Deer, Wolf and Boar:
Damage got nerfed (a little more easier start)
Increased almost every monster finalDamage (the damage what cant be blocked if you reduce their attack to 0)

Other:
When duel finished you get back mana points too.
However when you take non-player damage while in duel, you don't get back HP nor Mana. (there is prolly only 1 way to abuse this feature now, but its nearly impossible to pull off)

Fixed the fuckup I created with tutorial yesterday.
+ Hunter spell slows too now.

Next few days I will work on updating host. Going over the linux.
Perhaps with this transaction I will do some TFS updates too, got few more things what bother a lot xD
Not sure will I be able to do, prolly going to support forum to as guidance.

Things I will try to do with source:

Remove the issue that unique ID items cant be moved in game.
Monsters doesn't know how to cross walkable water.
Join all depots (account wide)
onLogout runs creaturescript logout ALWAYS. If true returned then not allowed to log out. If false or nil then logout allowed even if player is in middle of fight.

Also going to edit the material we streamed few days ago. And make some kind of Youtube video.

After all this I continue adding something new to server, but not sure what next yet.
Current ideas are:

Simple talkaction what allows me to execute Lua functions in game as god and make some targeting tools like: with rune I can choose userdatas (Creatures/Items)

Finish Bandit Mountain map piece created by Apollo and the script all of it by adding new features new missions and new quest.

Add Mummy, new quest, new items

Improve Task Master tasks. Instead of resting 1 random task per day instead it will reset 4 random tasks per week, but they on cycle.
(1 from beasts + cyclops. 1 from bandits. 1 from undeads, 1 from semi bosses)
What I mean mean by cycle is that it will be weekly thing, if you do any of these the week its highlighted then you get extra rewards.
Of course the first time tasks will stay, gotta get them skillpoint yo ;D

Make my own respawn system.
I will remove the spawns from map editor and instead a make configuration tables where I give the area and to this area on startup monsters are randomly spawned.
I think I will want to config: (give me more ideas if you have)
1. How many monsters can spawn on that area.
2. What monsters spawn in that area.
3. What is the max amount of specific monsters.
4. What is the monster random HP in specific range. (right now my spellCreating system is not good to give each monster its own damage and spell attributes, so I wont be doing this.)
5. Small chance to spawn stronger version of same monster. Which gives better loot + I can evolve new tasks and missions around these new creatures.
6. Monsters can spawn on the screen where you standing, There is no blocking the spawns. (don't worry I will somehow let you know where the monster is about to spawn and give you enough time for you to escape that area)
+ When It's ready I will make it scaleable. (the more players in the area, the more monster spawn in that area)

Today everything went south, something unexpected happen in family and I got to suffer too..
There is still hope that the end of this week we see new youtube video and server host gets updated.

Currently 7 clips out of 10 are ready. After remaining youtube clips are edited, gotta think of some awful way to transaction between the clips.
Youtube video will show the stream highlights (mostly funny moments), what we held last week.

With host, the Linux hate is real, but I'm getting closer to finally run a server on it.

There seems to be an issue in the tutorial - you cannot pass the first combat section with the tutorial poles. When you enter, you are stripped of all spells and your vials of water. Returning to the previous room and reacquiring the spells and water results in losing them again when you enter the next room.

EDIT:
I got passed this room by collecting the wood, selling it, storing the gold in my own dead body (note that the floor clears, but bodies are not removed so it is safe to store it here), returning and repeating, until I had 100 GP to buy the leather armor. Then I passed through without killing a single pole.

Last edited:
Back