• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

wooh! Finally server working :p
Time to finish the patch.
Then we can do the epic Bandit Mountain along with some good changes.
Lets see is it possible to rush for that quest from lvl 1. xD

Last edited:
O .. M .. G
Finally server is back on rails xD
This 2 week downtime felt like it lasted forever.

I could put server up already, but I will take my time with it 2 more days.
Firstly, going to clean data folder so I could patch the server with latest update.
With clean I mean not allow monsters to use monster AI2 and spellCreating2 :p (yep already working on them :D)

On that note, what does it mean if new AI and spellCreating system is ready?
Obviously the performance will be a lot better. Currently complicated spells like big daddy spells or cyclops spells can grind trough over 100k of line of codes before they realize they don't even want to do that action xD
Here are some features new monster AI will have:
1. monsters can now follow other monsters
2. monsters can have specific range to "see" enemies
3. if monster can't hit with spell or attack, he can choose not to waste the spell (obviously I can force them to miss the spells. Cant have them all too smart)
4. if monster target is out of reach monster can choose to attack/cast spells on other target, while still keep chasing the original target
5. monsters can pick up items and use them
6. monsters can change any of their base attributes (currently I had to make token monsters)
7. monsters can change any of their spell/attack attributes
8. monsters can change map
9. monster can become your ally any given point. (i will remove all NPC's from game and replace them with monster)

With the updated spellCreating system, I can easily implement a feature to game, where players can make any kind of custom monster they want with some lever pulling.
This has of course nothing to do with Whi World, but might be fun for some to create monsters they always wanted to fight in tibia like environment.

However not sure when I get new AI ready. All depends how the server is doing next few weeks and what else I should add.

Anyway tomorrow I will post the next patch note and 07.04 I will open server.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.3

Overall:
Everything what gives experience points, now gives percent amount of experience to your next level.
Account wide depots! + now there is 3 treasure chests to fill your need of room.
Levels no longer give HP and MP

Upgrading feature - Gems:
Overall the whole gem upgrading system is improved.
For players It's much easier to understand what they do and how they effect each other and for developers its way more easier to manipulate them trough codes.

Fire gem: Now affects any type of gem, what is inserted into the weapon.

Npc smith also tries to help you understand how gems work. (Tip, you need gem in your bag to trigger his hints and helps)
ay6nwx.jpg

Tasks:
Tonka herb info gathering tasks are now also displayed in your questlog if you have taken some.

Spells:
Imp:
Other monsters now will choose to attack Imp if they can't reach you.

Cooking:

Using recipe book now puts the recipe window to your player window. Which means you no longer have to store or carry around the recipe book.

Items:
Token Bag:
can be turned back to token normal bag by browsing the field again.

Skills:
juicy magic:
Now increases max mana by 25 per skillpoint.

Other:
Temporary runes (place holders for mend, dispel and throwaxe spell) no longer give message "you are using last of it" xD

Removed default effects from damages. So it sometimes might seem awkward, I will improve them whenever I see something off, or someone reports it

Well today was fun day.
But there was no end to the bugs I had in the game xD

Listed up 20 changes what should be fixed or improved. And all of them was found today. Dayum
Tomorrow I will try to bring the patch notes where I fix all along with the heavy lags which are made by monster AI when you are trapped.

Somehow I'm not even top 1 of my server. wut diz?!
well for all who think first missions are hard to complete.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.4

Monsters:
Spawnpoints:
I'm aware that monsters do not disappear when they are taken very far from starting point. This is designed so.
In future patches I will make different area monster fight each other and NPC help you with them if you drag them to town.
For now, plz don't lure White Deer to town.

monster AI: I did not fix the problem where player gained huge lag spikes when you were trapped by monsters, but I improved monster so they realize faster that they can not reach you.
Hopefully this will be enough for now. In future patches AI will be changed completely to avoid such problems.

Spells:
Barrier:
Instead of spamming the local chat, now it spams small event messages and groups up total damage done each second.

Games:
Drinking game:
Fixed bug where it didn't say to other players who has to drink what.
Drinking game: I was not able to figure out how player was able to pick up a Rum bottle from table. No matter how hard I tried, I could not reproduce.

Missions:
Vial of Water:
improved questlog

Quests:
Notice me senpai:
Quests are now more easier to spot on map and will give off an effect once you start them. (by easier to spot I mean, they give off red sparkles every few seconds)
Bandit Mountain: Fixed bug where Bandit Mountain starting quest note did not work.
Items:
Stone Shield:
Effect is now: While armorup is active and you take considerable amount of damage, refund manacost on breakdown (yes improved it)

Tutorial:
Improved it from left and right.

Hardcore rooms:
Bandit Mountain:
Secret room in Bandit Mountain can no longer be entered if you have died past 2 hours.

NPC's:
Upz I DiD iT aGaiN:
fixed bug where sometimes the npc chat simply did not work correctly.
Psst, wana get some of diz?: Several new hints and secrets are revealed by NPC's

Other:
Elemental fields:
all the damage formulas were messed up. They are fixed now.
GET OUT OF THE WAY!: Doors can no longer be closed when creature stands in the way.

Commands:
!stats:
Yep, its back xD, You can use this command to check your stats, without having to go trough player modal window.

Cooking:
Serene chef:
When you ruin your food by mixing wrong ingredients you no longer break the bowl out of rage :D

You are putting a lot of work into this and it looks promising, keep up the good work. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin

You are putting a lot of work into this and it looks promising, keep up the good work. :)

Kind Regards,
Eldin
Soon scripting done :D patch 0.2 is closer than it looks.

Btw today played around 1 hour, and I pretty happy with the progress. Smooth in bandit mountains.
At first try alone I of course died. I ain't good yet either xD
The second try. I didn't die not once. You just need to know how to avoid mage walls.
I went for new Bandit Mountain quest. Well I guess that's my only trait, I know where are quests :p
It was very fun. I noticed few bugs. I will improve them next patch, if you notice them at all x)
Obviously I soloed it like a boss:
As I was planning to even try go back to the end of bandit mountain for more water :p (yep there is water in bandit mountain :3 ) to complete campfire mission.
I was fortune to get an upgrade :D
Small but eh' still upgrade xD

My final loot back at town.
This is warrior spell btw :p

First warrior in game I see lvl 3 will get it. Its rubydef spell. Pretty much requirement to tank Archanos boss xD.
And with that spell, Knight wont die in bandits either if they solo there.

Next patch I will create portal to PVP room, which can be entered even from tutorial.
In the PvP room you will be level 10 and have access to all items. I will make some preset builds so you don't have to bother thinking about item synergies so hard.
Then next weekend PvP tournament.

WooT I found White Deer!! No fur boots though :/

Completed Cyclops Sabotage Quest :p (that 100% exp though :D)

I'm so powerful now I can solo Archanos (although still needs quite a skill to manage that or better skilltree/gems?)
And wtf you think about highscores? Should I be better rank or not? Currently the death seems to overweight the kill

Tomorrow I will be away for entire day. So nothing major will happen then.
Today I spent my scripting time to make scripts for other people so no patch for Whi World :(
14th however I will try to bring the improvements and fixes

Instead of the planned PVP patch I will make new tier 3 skills and hunter skilltree.
This might be brought to you in the weekend.

EDIT:
For mages. I created amazing weapon build :p
I tried skill 'crushing strength' and I hit over 2000 damage to single targets Oo

Almost soloed Big daddy.

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.5

Going over to Linux has been rough and the problems continue.
Every now and then I get segmentation fault error which simply crashes server.
I truly hope its because of my scripts and not source problem. Because then I have a chance to fix it. I suspect monster AI or spellCreating system (which I plan to switch out anyway)

Another thing what is really annoying. Is that the Linux reads the Lua codes differently despite its being the same version. Causing my working scripts still bug out or give errors.
Not only that, some meta functions from TFS like player:addCondition() simply do not work in certain situations. But in Windows its not an issue.
This is such a hassle, because now I need to test EVERY SINGLE script twice for Linux and test server. I couldn't keep up testing my scripts before and now it all just doubled >.>

I so regret moving to Linux <.< only thing its good at is making it easy to compile, but I don't even do source edits..
Oh well, it is what it is. Eventually all the scripts will work for both Linux and Windows, it will just take more time and effort.

Anyway speaking of which. I have a useless code now and I'm not even going to fix it for Linux, because I have another solution in mind.
If anyone wants to see how I have defined Forest and bandit Mountain area so far, here is the base script:

Spells:
Barrier:
Brought back the text what says how much you can absorb more, but it displays it once per second. (the latest display will show current state)

Quests:
Ok:
Improved questlog and npc's to handle mission logs a little better.
greed: You no longer gain rewards again from party quests if you have done it before.

Items:
Loot Bag:
fixed bug where loot bag could not be stacked (size should increases when different loot bags are put on top of eachother)
Loot Bag: fixed bug where you could send open bags to depot with loot bag instead of token bags

Skilltree:
on main window reset buttons resets the chosen tier and in branch window reset button resets a branch.

NPC's:
Maya:
You can now walk trough Maya by talking to her. (allows you to escape if she blocks you off)

Other:
Get on my level:
fixed the experience System. The formula had an issue where at some situations it gave double the exp.
I reset all player levels and skills in the game.
When you log in you will get exp reward again for all the quests/missions you already have done.
Skill reset means you simply need to put the points back to skills.

Customize Whi World!: created magic effect creator in game!! Currently testing it on wands to see if anyone even bothers to try it out or it was wasted effort to script it.
I suggest to use this site as a tool to find out faster which effects you want to use on wands: magic_effects

Map:
Where is da GREEN!!:
reduced the amount of herbs are dropped and obtained from world

Loot:
Party Up!:
While in party. Every person extra chances are added on top of the loot percent (first time, vocation, item bonuses, quest bonuses, etc) [previously only most damage dealer bonuses were applied]

This last patch cleaned all the issues what others found and what you would have found so come enjoy Whi World and try find more bugs for me to fix.
So far its been great and smooth with mage if you looking for becoming a godlike char :D

Today going to go to try last hardest quest [Hehemi quest] (yep I'm 5/6 with quests)
Would be lovely if anyone joins me.

3 new Magic talents:
1. "??" - take 1 magic skill and give 1 shielding, distance and weapon skill (stackable 2 times)
2. "??" - 1% damage is taken by IMP instead (stackable 10 times)
3. "??" - non spell death damage is increased by 2% (stackable 10 times)

3 new melee talents:

1. "??" - 2% of physical damage is converted into elemental damage depending on which elemental resistance you have the most. (stackable 10 times)
2. "??" - when critically hit, your weapon maximum damage is increased by 10% for that strike. (stackable 10 times)
3. "??" - when critically blocked, you weapon minimum damage is increased by 10% for next strike. (stackable 10 times)

6 new distance talents:

1. "??" - your spears have 10% chance to deal damage to all characters in the way. (stacks 10 times)
2. "??" - increases projectile damage by 2% (Stacks 10 times)
3. "??" - traps deal 10% more damage but slow 15% less (stacks 5 times)
4. "??" - physical damage has 5% chance to slow target speed by 25 for 5 seconds (stacks 5 times)
5. "??" - 3% chance to shoot 2 arrows at once (stacks 10 times)
6. "??" - increases critical hit chance by 2% (stacks 10 times)

2 new shielding talents:

1. "??" - take 1 shielding skill and give 1 distance , magic and weapon skill (stackable 2 times)
2. "??" - 1% to critical block value (stackable 10 times)

Last edited:
What do you think of the new skills on previous post?
With next patch the previous skills also will get slight change. (mostly just the amount of skills what can be spent)

Explored Rooted Catacombs alone. Quite nice :D looted cool stuff too. Looted 3 new upgrades in 1 run!! and Wel demonic legs were nice too xD. You can only guess did I get it out of tomb.

I was testing a new single target mage build :p (since well I can do cool stuff with combination of items, skills, gems) I'm finally in the end-game.
Look at this broken ass damage :D I LOVE IT xD

Some last play session pictures. I was grinding the tanner rep material with my op new items. and finally got FUR BOOTS! woo

Today grinded some skillTree related scripts.
I refactored the entire skillTree system and going to refactor all the talents too.

Today only the magic talents got made.
Had some slight issues with some skills.
But idea is to increase the logic, perfomance and update all the skills to spellBook too.

Dayum, well tried hard to get patch out today.
Got skillTree ready and started fixing and improving the list of things what has gathered up with the recent playings.

Apparently there was too many of them xD

Patch will definitely come out tomorrow.

I like that you acknowledged our unpleasant private conversation and started to posting pictures form server instead of boring overedited text. BUT...! But why did You choose the most awful and shitty looking locations to showcase your progress in coding/development…? This server will be always empty without any proper presentation in form of in-game or “in-RME” screenshots in first post.

Frankly, will all of that overwhelming data about coding/programming/whateverYouwanttocallit that You’ve posted over last years, this server feels like a scam of some sort, when in-game picture are nowhere to be seen.

But why did You choose the most awful and shitty looking locations to showcase your progress in coding/development…?
I'm sorry. Which pictures are we looking at?
this server feels like a scam of some sort, when in-game picture are nowhere to be seen.
Well trust me, it is not a scam xD
This server will be always empty without any proper presentation in form of in-game or “in-RME” screenshots in first post.
But I showed all the map area I got already :/ well not trough RME though.

But still I only have 3 mapped areas: desert bordeline, cyclops dungeon and bandit mountain. How many pictures you expect me to make from these 3 locations?

I'm sorry. Which pictures are we looking at?
Every each one of them on this page? 27.

Well trust me, it is not a scam xD
I hope so. I doubt You can take anything valuable from OtLand users. No offence guys.

But I showed all the map area I got already :/ well not trough RME though.
But still I only have 3 mapped areas: desert bordeline, cyclops dungeon and bandit mountain. How many pictures you expect me to make from these 3 locations?
Well. My bad. From this topic and our private conversation I kinda assumed that You have a lot of maps, but You only showed few of them because rest of them barely can be classified as maps.
Three poorly made locations in last years…? Wow. That’s impressive. In the negative way. You realize that You’re wasting your time, right? Players nowadays are borderline retarded. They like those MOBA games which are just clones of other MOBA games and feel exactly the same. All FPS must look like CoD, because more complicated and “brain-requiring” games like ArmA or Insurgency will never sell as much as brainless fast-paced shooters. I’m not even talking about strategies, because those require even more intelligence than the other genres, so there are only left few of them - the most popular series and even them struggle a lot…
Your server will never be successful if You slam shitload of mechanism into it. Tibians expect Tibia-like gameplay and feel. They will leave as soon as They discover that making progress require doing 10 different things, instead of grinding monsters for exp, gold and loot.

Every each one of them on this page? 27.
well first of all most of these pictures are pictures taken when something interesting or cool happened in game.
But I guess you wouldn't know, because you only watch pictures.
From this topic and our private conversation I kinda assumed that You have a lot of maps
Once again means you are not reading at all.. Said several times I'm not doing mapping.
Three poorly made locations in last years…?
Poorly made? well I think they are amazing.
You realize that You’re wasting your time, right? Players nowadays are borderline retarded.
No I'm not wasting my time and players are borderline brilliant and we need games like these where things are so complicated that there is lot of outcomes in every area. (building character/story)
I’m not even talking about strategies, because those require even more intelligence than the other genres, so there are only left few of them - the most popular series and even them struggle a lot…
Lol you are funny huge ball of negativity.
Your server will never be successful if You slam shitload of mechanism into it.
Wait and see. One day you notice its once of the main reasons why my game exist for so long.
Tibians expect Tibia-like gameplay and feel.
And what does that have to do with my game?

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.6

Spells:
Spark and Death:
Nerfed minimum damage scaling a little: from (75 + L*15 + mL*25 - sLw*10 - sLs*5) to (75 + L*5 + mL*20 - sLw*10 - sLs*5)
Spark and Death:
Nerfed maximum damage scaling a little: from (75 + L*20 + mL*35 - sLw*13 - sLs*7) to (75 + L*15 + mL*30 - sLw*13 - sLs*7)
Spark and Death:
Mana cost is increased by 1 for each radius improvement done to the spell.
Poison: Poison is now considered part of spell damage, which means it can now be used to trigger additional effects.
Poison: Spell is more noticeable. It will tell you when buff is out. Your arrow ammo will be shooting poisoned arrows and you do poison effect when you hit target.

Quests:
Abducted:
I'm sure it will no longer give experience when completing it again.

Items:
Vial of Water:
You can stack vials by using them on eachother and you can unstack by using vial on itself.
Death Gem: Improved chance to proc from earth gems and amount of positions from physical gems. (talking about the effect on shield)
Special Bags: All special bags are now account bound instead of player bound. Which means your other characters can also use the special bags.
Projectiles: Now show chance to break on item.

Skilltree:

New skillTree. Lot of balancing, new skills and improved the usage (as much as I could with Lua) (see picture below)

NPC's:
get dem goods -
Whenever npc shop gets updated while you talk to them or complete missions. You get notification about that in local chat.
Liam: Should now give the reward correctly when mission completed in party.

Mission:

Smith: New early game mission. Craft a spear.
Campfire Mission: Now can be done in party.

Other:
2nd Craftable item!!!
- You can now craft spears by using hammer on 4 antlers.
Expensive - Boss protection now costs 2x or more than before.
monster AI - removed one issue what caused server crash.

Monsters:
Borthonos:
reduced all resistances and reduced fire aura damage by 12%. When I created Borthonos, I didn't have negative resistances in game for players, but now I do and somehow I ended up giving huge negative fire resistances on good damage items xD, Instead of buffing/nerfing items I will simply make Borthonos a little more easier.
Skeletons: They pick up bones 20% faster. (aka their cooldowns for spells are reduced)
Bandits: Normal bandits drop 15% less gold.

Weight System:
All items in Whi World can now have virtual cap. My first experiment was virtual stacking with vial of waters. Next up will be stones what reduce any equipment item weight.
The initial plan was to make herb, gem and lootbags also use virtual cap whenever I can do that, but It's been so many months and I think the way they currently work is already quite nice.
So I will keep the current special bags theme?

Back