• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which host to buy?

Snach

Sensei
Reaction score
Well I was wondering if it's worth to buy a host for 50€ or is it too bad? How many players can it handle? Is it hard to set up?
It's my first server and atm I'm hosting on my own comp so what do you recommend. =P http://www.hetzner.de/ <- this

Last edited:
Depends on the connection, CPU and RAM, not the price :p I don't have any experience in buying a host

Me neither xd I probably need to buy dedicated root server? Benefits
AMD Athlon 64 3700+

* RAM 2 GB DDR
* Hard discs 2 x 160 GB SATA
(Hardware-RAID 1)
* NIC 1 GBit OnBoard
connected at 100 MBit
* Backup Space 100 GB
* Traffic Unlimited*

49€

The unlimited traffic is not unlimited :p

It's 100mbit the first 2000GB transfer data if you go above that you will get 10mbit or have to pay for every 1000gb

I think you will get problems if you have only 2GB Ram, atleast if you use windows server.
In windows server i would recomend atleast 4GB ram but if its possible then 8GB and you could even run multiple servers at same time.

I think you will get problems if you have only 2GB Ram, atleast if you use windows server.
In windows server i would recomend atleast 4GB ram but if its possible then 8GB and you could even run multiple servers at same time.

How many players can 2gb handle? Or does it depend on the server? As I said it's my first server so I don't need very big host. Also how many gb transfer data do I need? xD What does it depend on? I'm so dumb :eek:

How many players can 2gb handle? Or does it depend on the server? As I said it's my first server so I don't need very big host. Also how many gb transfer data do I need? xD What does it depend on? I'm so dumb :eek:

If you ain't going to host a Real map then 2 gb is just enough :p

If you are going to host a real map or a map that's almost as big then you should choose 4gb

It depends a lot of network connection, as well.
In case you are going to buy a dedicated host in for example Germany, it has to be strong enough to
provide Sweden or Poland for example with rightful network connection, so players from other countries than Germany won't feel heavy lags.

Though, most dedicated hosts provides 100MB/s network connection, so I doubt you got to worry.

Regarding RAM memory. A real tibia map at 80-90MB demands about 1-2GB of the RAM memory.
Players do not demand as much as the map, TFS 0.3.6pl demands about 1 500 KB, that's about 1,5mb.
If you want to host a server with 100 players, it will demand 150MB RAM, and so on.

So indeed with JoccE, you might chose the one with 4GB ram. :)
Good luck!

Last edited:
Back