• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whats the best tips which can be given

Viktor

Reaction score
Yo!

I have been working on something on and of for quiet some time and started to feel the fire burning inside of me to create something we all can enjoy.
I have been a player for so very long aswell as a hoster before so the experience is there.

But I cannot really fill in the gap of this generation tibia players since it feels like servers are like socks, the more you play it the more you think it stinks -- and you change after a week or so again.....

What would draw a players attention like for example Medivia. I own a pretty serious piece of dump which would be very fun to play at since Ive hosted it for friends etc for some time but before all I want your opinions and thoughts.

Feel free to write what you want, freedom of speech :D

ps.
Do you think a static x3 exp x3 loot x2 magic x5 skill would succeed in todays generation of players?

If you're talking about a rl map server, probably the right way to go is to keep experience rate low, create new hunts, cities and quests, and figure out a way to be profitable (in order to mantain server stability throughtout time) without becoming p2w.

I understand the economic perspective pretty good , I am more in search of tips regarding gameplay, mysteriandos stuff like these, higher client additions to lower client maybe i dnt know.

Thanks tho.

But what exactly do you want to create? Which client? Modified or not?
Personally I havent played Tibia for years, but maybe I would enjoy some basic evo server with Enigma city and teleports... without any custom stuff, just basic Tibia with client lets say 10.98 max. Quite low rates to keep it fresh for few weeks/months at least, maybe with some little stages like going from exp x5 to x1 quite early.

The newer version are unplayable for me 😅 And if you look at server list there are basically the newest 13+/ 8.6 (bots hell) / 7.4-7.6 (boring due to lack of content) and just few other versions. Im wondering if anyone thinks the same, especially those who stopped played long time ago and lost interest in Tibia like me.

For me - I'm not a fan of the whole "zerg rush high level > war > go to the next one" mindset. I miss the slower paced, more community driven mindset. Exploring, solving quests, grinding, chatting, etc.

I do enjoy rl servers from time to time, but im a little burned out on that as well.

That's why I have been working for years now on a new game based on Tibia, but straying quite far from it. (which I started from old tfs sources and expanded upon), that I'm hoping to have in a live beta before Christmas! (Fingers crossed)

Slow paced, but rewarding. Very thorough, non clunky crafting. A plethora of crafting skills all tied together.

To me - I was just tired of the same ol same, so I set out to make something different.

But what exactly do you want to create? Which client? Modified or not?
Personally I havent played Tibia for years, but maybe I would enjoy some basic evo server with Enigma city and teleports... without any custom stuff, just basic Tibia with client lets say 10.98 max. Quite low rates to keep it fresh for few weeks/months at least, maybe with some little stages like going from exp x5 to x1 quite early.

The newer version are unplayable for me 😅 And if you look at server list there are basically the newest 13+/ 8.6 (bots hell) / 7.4-7.6 (boring due to lack of content) and just few other versions. Im wondering if anyone thinks the same, especially those who stopped played long time ago and lost interest in Tibia like me.
I think my aim is at lower clients since I am not used to get so many stuff on screens like there is nowdays on these newer clients.. I really think they should warn for epileptic seizures, watched some streams gave me bad headache haha.

I am thinking more of a 8.0 real map with alot of custom places/new lores.
Obviously using OTC modified client for easier gameplay aswell.
For me - I'm not a fan of the whole "zerg rush high level > war > go to the next one" mindset. I miss the slower paced, more community driven mindset. Exploring, solving quests, grinding, chatting, etc.

I do enjoy rl servers from time to time, but im a little burned out on that as well.

That's why I have been working for years now on a new game based on Tibia, but straying quite far from it. (which I started from old tfs sources and expanded upon), that I'm hoping to have in a live beta before Christmas! (Fingers crossed)

Slow paced, but rewarding. Very thorough, non clunky crafting. A plethora of crafting skills all tied together.

To me - I was just tired of the same ol same, so I set out to make something different.
Sounds nice and yes, so am I every ot is so fast paced dopamine hunting - 1 week fight two days make peace make cash and then ots ded.

Something slowly paced but still enjoyable since we all are at the age where we do not have the time like the earlier days.
So I guess we all are in for the same steak - something slowly paced with mysteriandos etc.

No offense, but this sounds like any other ots out there…
Well I am not interested in any custom map/evo ots, its not my taste at all I am not 14 years old anymore, I rather play a 2x rl map then 9999 baiak server

Something slowly paced but still enjoyable since we all are at the age where we do not have the time like the earlier days.
So I guess we all are in for the same steak - something slowly paced with mysteriandos etc.
Totally agree man! I'm trying really hard to strike a balance between grind/time/reward. I'm in my 30's with a career, wife, and 3 kids. My grind time is limited as well 😆

I think my aim is at lower clients since I am not used to get so many stuff on screens like there is nowdays on these newer clients.. I really think they should warn for epileptic seizures, watched some streams gave me bad headache haha.

I am thinking more of a 8.0 real map with alot of custom places/new lores.
Obviously using OTC modified client for easier gameplay aswell.

Sounds nice and yes, so am I every ot is so fast paced dopamine hunting - 1 week fight two days make peace make cash and then ots ded.

7.92-8.1 era was my favourite, but nowadays I think it does not offer enough to have fun.
Also going over the same hunt places and quests again on rl map.. hmm..

1. start up small war ots for testing basics
  2. host high-rates for correcting the details
  3. ready for long-term low-rate gameworld

Last edited:
tibia and ots are dead just do this for fun , the players that are still active have grown and if they play the mostly bot

7.92-8.1 era was my favourite, but nowadays I think it does not offer enough to have fun.
Also going over the same hunt places and quests again on rl map.. hmm..
Mine was 7.6-8.0 after that when they added so that you do not need to stand infront of mobs/ppls while using exori vis I started to dislike it more and more.
(Hotkeys overall too)

Well I actually think if there is a pure hearted lowrated server without trainers where you have to half grind your way through skills and experience the normal quests are abit funny since you need a larger group for a few of the quests at this rate. Obviously I'd add more content to not make it too one-sided.
tibia and ots are dead just do this for fun , the players that are still active have grown and if they play the mostly bot
I am sorry to tell you but I would be strongly against bots on my own server. It's a big no-no for me instant deletera.

TL;DR
Ofcourse there is no recipe for success so do not understand the title itself wrongly, I just wonder what kind of tips you would have to somewhat have a "better" start and then flow with it.

What would you like to see on a server which you can look at as pretty serious and what should it not have?

Ultimately, the success of your server will depend on your ability to create a unique and engaging experience that appeals to today's generation of players. I'm confident that you can do it!

I understand that, you need commitment to everything you try to achieve and there is no success without failure..

But I am here mostly to ask like I stated before what would you like to see on an lowrate 8.0?
Authenthic map with none to 0 features added or newer features added such as otc with in-client additions (task manager,autoloot,etc)

I also do not what to remove the feeling of oldschool but still I would like your opinion and see if we can meet somewhere all together.

I don't think anyone wants to see another RL map since most servers use that as a basis.
Most even ask for a premium fee. Something I dislike on Real Map servers.
The map is getting very repetitive over the years, grinding the same old spots, slightly different.

If you truly want to create something that grasps the player with both hands and drags them into your world, is by creating something new.
Yes, lots of more effort, you can launch a RL map within weeks even days, but a fully custom project might take years.

I suggest you empty all your thoughts and start creating instead of absorbing the RL Map and build upon that.
It's hard at first but once into the zone, you wish you started this a year ago.
-----

Creating a document for yourself, and writing a summary of your game and its planned systems and features will guide you along the way.
Helps you to stay on the same level during the creation of the world.

You said you had a map-dump, that's a pretty good start in creating something of your own!!
-----

Regarding OTClient I would suggest stripping it to the bare minimum, and from there you can add more and more functions.
The first thing I did was make the client look as retro as possible, I don't want the interface to distract the player from what is happening on their game screen.
-----

• If going for a fully custom server, there is no reason to have 2x 3x 10x rates, keep it at 1.
  • If you are planning on opening a 999x server with teleports, then please disregard everything I said, you do you.

----
  • If you are using Real Map, I don't think you should be asking money, unless you have spend hundreds of hours creating additional content.
  • If you are making a fully custom server, it's fair if you have a cosmetic shop or premium but that also highly depends on what content is available.

----

I think what is most important for OT players nowadays is that they want to see their invested time translated into something meaningful.
Most players have between 1-2 hours a day to play, you need to form your content around that 1 hour of gametime~
They must be able to do at least one big hunt, or do a quest, or just train for some time.

But every minute spend in-game must be given back in some form.
You cannot just keep losing your time in this game, it's already punishing to die, less then it used to, but still.
That's why I love RP players, they do bring the fulfillment of spending your time ingame and not feel that it's wasted.

I've always said that the Community makes the game, and that is very much true, you may be a developer, but eventually, the players residing in the game are what makes the game worth playing.

Not the content, nor the features, nor the latency, it's the players.
Therefore also very important to keep listening and keep piling your community in what it wants and needs at the moment.

"What should I do?" topic of the month. You can use search and read the dozens similar threads. If you don't know it yourself go play some games until you figure it out. If you want people to list you the features that gonna build you the most sucessful server you are looking in the wrong place, here we (the wanna-be-devs) will picture you our own dream servers, not something that will please a real playerbase. You can check what please real playerbases by picking top 10 from otserv list, easy.

I don't think anyone wants to see another RL map since most servers use that as a basis.
Most even ask for a premium fee. Something I dislike on Real Map servers.
The map is getting very repetitive over the years, grinding the same old spots, slightly different.

If you truly want to create something that grasps the player with both hands and drags them into your world, is by creating something new.
Yes, lots of more effort, you can launch a RL map within weeks even days, but a fully custom project might take years.

I suggest you empty all your thoughts and start creating instead of absorbing the RL Map and build upon that.
It's hard at first but once into the zone, you wish you started this a year ago.
-----

Creating a document for yourself, and writing a summary of your game and its planned systems and features will guide you along the way.
Helps you to stay on the same level during the creation of the world.

You said you had a map-dump, that's a pretty good start in creating something of your own!!
-----

Regarding OTClient I would suggest stripping it to the bare minimum, and from there you can add more and more functions.
The first thing I did was make the client look as retro as possible, I don't want the interface to distract the player from what is happening on their game screen.
-----

• If going for a fully custom server, there is no reason to have 2x 3x 10x rates, keep it at 1.
  • If you are planning on opening a 999x server with teleports, then please disregard everything I said, you do you.

----
  • If you are using Real Map, I don't think you should be asking money, unless you have spend hundreds of hours creating additional content.
  • If you are making a fully custom server, it's fair if you have a cosmetic shop or premium but that also highly depends on what content is available.

----

I think what is most important for OT players nowadays is that they want to see their invested time translated into something meaningful.
Most players have between 1-2 hours a day to play, you need to form your content around that 1 hour of gametime~
They must be able to do at least one big hunt, or do a quest, or just train for some time.

But every minute spend in-game must be given back in some form.
You cannot just keep losing your time in this game, it's already punishing to die, less then it used to, but still.
That's why I love RP players, they do bring the fulfillment of spending your time ingame and not feel that it's wasted.

I've always said that the Community makes the game, and that is very much true, you may be a developer, but eventually, the players residing in the game are what makes the game worth playing.

Not the content, nor the features, nor the latency, it's the players.
Therefore also very important to keep listening and keep piling your community in what it wants and needs at the moment.
Do you run your own ot? If so link plz.

And also I was gonna try and start a server and you hit every nail on the head lol I was gonna use that RL map basic start with custom stuff added but you know what instead imma make my own 100% custom one idc how long it takes but my first step into doing so I’m going to log on a buncha ots and explore and figure out why this ot keeps players coming back and just do research

Back