• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Which version of tibia was the best pvp?

Which version of tibia was the best pvp?

Results are only viewable after voting.

levip

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I would like to ask a question that is important to me.

7.4/7.6, every later version is the same, but casualized, with lower and lower skill ceilings.
None of the later changes benefited skilled PVP players, but unskilled noobs from thais rotworms.

Last edited:
7.4 pvp was the best
8.6 was full bot wars where caffeine was required to fight or you slept on the keyboard and win war with bot
right now it's riftbot + different 5 bot names fiestas on 7.4
god of pvp punio hooligano threw pots with hotkeys on stream and later made surprised poker face impression what the hell happened xd
sadly one clean server rates allowed me to get bored on 26 lvl waiting 1,5 weeks to exp and give up

If someone says that 7.6 was the best, he probably has 7.72 in mind, right?
Not necessarily. I played 7.6, never played 7.72, so if I said 7.6, then be sure 7.6 is what I meant. I know you weren't talking about me, but in general this case could apply to anyone. Don't assume.

I personally agree that 7.4 7.5 and 7.6 were the best! But I'm also interested in hearing others opinions as well.

Talking about Real Tibia PVP for me it is 7.8/7.92 as the hotkeys made player easier to heal and shoot, the EKs were almost invencibles and it leads to very good strategies traps and masslogs and this kind of stuff, as long as Ventrillo/Teamspeak organized teams, which contributed to this.
The PVP of 7.4 was not like the nowadays OTs because the lack of team communication and how hard was to get a combo and kill, the battles were much more boring and tooks really long. Oh, almost forgot about the Wheel-Mouse which were much more difficult to shoot enemies and healing

Talking about OTS PVP, 7.4 nowadays are much more funny because the old game mechanics with Teamspeak and optical mouses makes it really dynamic

If you're asking about pvp it's for sure 7.4 version, back then the pvp dynamic was much more skill based, a skilled player on level 40 could easily kill another player with 80+ level with low pvp skill. Nowadays this is pratically non-existent since you can heal and shot SDs just pressing a button.

I remember back in 2014 when Cip was studying the idea of a "Retro Open PvP" server, what everyone at that time thought they would do was bring back 7.4 pvp, not implement the failure that was this new "Retro" Open PvP. I clearly remember this video on youtube comparing the current pvp (nowadays Open PvP) to the real Retro Open PvP of version 7.4 and pushing people to sign the idea on Cips forum.

This other video is 2 brothers playing on a 7.4 war server, here you can see what skilled players are able to do when skill actually matter.
What one of them did on this first scene is crazy to me.

I see some people don't take into consideration that tibia doesn't have a level cap... and that is why living in the past is not possible, if cipsoft didn't added stronger monsters/items/areas/spells/systems, what would they do?

cipsoft had to update, to change... not saying what they did was perfect, but certainly, necessary or the game would die...

I see some people don't take into consideration that tibia doesn't have a level cap... and that is why living in the past is not possible, if cipsoft didn't added stronger monsters/items/areas/spells/systems, what would they do?

cipsoft had to update, to change... not saying what they did was perfect, but certainly, necessary or the game would die...
You're 100% right on this, but OP asked specifically about the PvP mechanics not game content, no game would survive without new content, especially Tibia since as yourself said there's no level cap, but this doesn't change the fact that 7.4 PvP was much more dependant on the player skill. I don't know exactly how is PvP nowadays but I saw in a video recently that now is possible to equip rings and amulets using hotkeys, such changes is what I think it is unnecessary, not new monsters/items/areas etc.

I see many votes on 8.6. What's so special about 8.6? Or what particularly bad happened in 8.6+?

I'm genuinely curious, as I've never played between 7.6 - 12, only before 7.6 and after 12+.

the older the version, the better the pvp

cip focused too much on restricting pvp, a mistake because it was responsible for most part of the gain in popularity, the promise of power, as gods among men

less restricted pvp was more integrated in the community, almost all players took part in daily fights motivated by reason, it was natural to help others and involve in conflicts

it was the people who had the power over right and wrong
in the end, general public opinion decided every outcome
temples were paved with dead bodies of rookings daily, reminding everyone the ultimate price for misbehaving

taking skull afterwards was more like punishment for good guys so pvp became more and more avoided with main side effect: too much protection

> levels of randoms skyrocketed without a single drop of blood
low level assholes were protected by frag limit
high sorc lost the ultimate power of laying entire cities to waste single handed

unlimited level cap wasn't an issue until they limited killing and death loss... tibia wasn't dying but blooming in pvp freedom!

you're right though, those glory days won't come back because when given the choice, people choose the comfort of protection, which is fine.

but be damn sure, it was the best pvp tibia ever had!

@MoD: ty for edit 😍

Last edited:
Back