• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why can you sell ANYTHING on otland.

Slain

TrueHavoc.com
Reaction score
Its full of poor 13 year old nerds attempting to scam. I honestly feel sorry for the people that eventually believe what these kids are posting simply because its on a legitimate website. Ultimately its Otland's fault for advocating this kind of behavior.

Don't come back saying that it isn't Otland's fault for posting because think about it, it is.

I'm 14, not anerd, and not trying to scam. I've been scammed before though, so I don't even visit the marketplace anymore, full of scammers.

For real, you can sell like anything.
If this doesn't stop, I'm going to make a pedo service.

Last edited:
Yea, I agree, people will sell anything to get some money.. And a lot of the stuff on OTLand's Market is useless..

What did you guys expect? Lol.

I'm gonna sell my sister soon :F

Moderators are so lame.

Delirium said:
Dear Collz,

You have received an infraction at OtLand.

Reason: Spamming
-------
How about you stop posting useless things? Post something that's worth reading instead.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires.

Original Post:
http://otland.net/f15/why-can-you-sell-anything-otland-114407/#post1132669
I'm selling drugs! Any buyers?

All the best,
OtLand
Want me to post something worth reading? Remove the marketplace board. Happy moderator? Now you'll be able to sleep at night. Gratz for you.

Moderators are so lame.

Want me to post something worth reading? Remove the marketplace board. Happy moderator? Now you'll be able to sleep at night. Gratz for you.

Sure, suggestion rejected.

IMPORTANT! The owners of OtLand will not be held responsible for any scamming attempt. Buying/selling is at your own risk. - - That's a notification on the top of the board.

Then make the marketboard for TIBIA RELATED THINGS ONLY(as Castic already stated)!!! WTF people selling WoW accounts. Goto a damn WoW forum with that bullshit.

Then make the marketboard for TIBIA RELATED THINGS ONLY(as Castic already stated)!!! WTF people selling WoW accounts. Goto a damn WoW forum with that bullshit.

You make a good point there, I agree on that. We're a Tibia related forum.

Put 2-4 Trusted Middle-Man (not admins) since moderators aren't responsible just to have a chance of avoiding scamming issues.

Sure, suggestion rejected.

IMPORTANT! The owners of OtLand will not be held responsible for any scamming attempt. Buying/selling is at your own risk. - - That's a notification on the top of the board.

You literally just repeated exactly what I disagree with, hence the reason I made this thread. I know Otland isn't responsible for people getting scammed but why would you even tempt people to do this when all that comes out of it is bad?
Would filter a lot of immature scammers out of this website.

Woah just report those scam threads then and state a good reason

No matter how good proof you provide it will never be enough to be "thorough". The best anyone can provide is a conversation log which can be easily manipulated these days. I have been recently scammed by bilmattan for $52, I didn't even bother posting a complaint because I know OTland is not responsible for it. But I believe OTland should hire a few trusted people to be middleman so that they can "minimize" scams. Just a suggestion, would be nice.

a middleman service is something that would take a lot of time from the ones doing it, they might also need to be payed something for their job. What if they scam both parts? How do you know you can trust someone?
If a forum has a marketplace, it should probably keep to the same subject as the forum (as people has said, a tibia market place).
and I don't think you should blame OTLand for this shit that has come up, they've put of all their responsibility for safe trades. If you think they should contain it when they won't take any time to research scammers, then you failed to read up on the board information.

You dont need to hire a middleman, just talk people and ask about the seller, hey do youknow bilmattan? He is selling thisdownload and run copy but i am unsure if hes a scammer or not, any idea?

a middleman service is something that would take a lot of time from the ones doing it, they might also need to be payed something for their job. What if they scam both parts? How do you know you can trust someone?
If a forum has a marketplace, it should probably keep to the same subject as the forum (as people has said, a tibia market place).
and I don't think you should blame OTLand for this shit that has come up, they've put of all their responsibility for safe trades. If you think they should contain it when they won't take any time to research scammers, then you failed to read up on the board information.

You're right, I think Otland moderators would be an ideal choise to work as middlemen however, that would result in an increased workload for the "chosen" ones.

Back