• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why can you sell ANYTHING on otland.

Slain

TrueHavoc.com
Reaction score
Its full of poor 13 year old nerds attempting to scam. I honestly feel sorry for the people that eventually believe what these kids are posting simply because its on a legitimate website. Ultimately its Otland's fault for advocating this kind of behavior.

Don't come back saying that it isn't Otland's fault for posting because think about it, it is.

I think the Market place is just fine as it is. But I do agree with who ever posted stating that there should be someone in the middle who manages the exchange.

Put 2-4 Trusted Middle-Man (not admins) since moderators aren't responsible just to have a chance of avoiding scamming issues.

A Trusted Official Listing Of Middle-Mans should be fine.

Right, these guys are just paranoid, everything seems OK to me.
People seem paranoid? People don't complain unless there's something to complain about. A lot of people already complained about being scammed. That's why I say the marketplace should be for Premium Subscribers.

People seem paranoid? People don't complain unless there's something to complain about. A lot of people already complained about being scammed. That's why I say the marketplace should be for Premium Subscribers.
That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

ROFL. Age limit? Yeah, like people won't lie about their birth date. How about another suggestion. How about only Premium Subscribers have access to the marketplace. It will prevent both scams and noobs. You know what they say, you have to spend money to make money.

User account age x.x Not the actual age of the person on the account.. make more sense? I tried to make that clear by just saying "user account age" rather than user age..

Middleman receives 10% of the money and gets access to files. Problem solved?

There was a reason why I made the old announcement about 'Forbidden to sell/buy'. But "we" choosed to get more scammers in exchange for allowing to buy/sell.

I think people who buy premium should be the only ones who can "post" things in market place. people can still "view" it and post "comments" just not be able to create threads.
I mean this will reduce scammers at least and spam.

I think people who buy premium should be the only ones who can "post" things in market place. people can still "view" it and post "comments" just not be able to create threads.
I mean this will reduce scammers at least and spam.

+1 would help, but it will never happen.
It would allow staff to be able to middle man much easier since less content will be posted. Would also promote prem subscriptions so its win/win.

X sell something, Y buy, and Z is the middleman

X send Z file
Y pay Z
Z send Y file
Z pay X
Y does a chargeback against the payment Z, Z looses because the product was bad or something.
Z wants the money back from X, X will naturally refuse.

Y = win, got a free file
X = win, got money
Z is the looser.

I would not like to be Z, nor will you...

EDIT: Typo

Last edited:
x sell something, y buy, and z is the middleman

x send z file
y pay z
z send y file
z pay x
y does a chargeback against the payment z, z looses because the product was bad or something.
Z wants the money back from x, x will naturally refuse.

Y = win, got a free file
x = win, got a money
z is looser.

Z would not have to be z, nor will you...

+1 :p

X sell something, Y buy, and Z is the middleman

X send Z file
Y pay Z
Z send Y file
Z pay X
Y does a chargeback against the payment Z, Z looses because the product was bad or something.
Z wants the money back from X, X will naturally refuse.

Y = win, got a free file
X = win, got money
Z is the looser.

I would not like to be Z, nor will you...

EDIT: Typo

Simply require them to send it as a gift or force them to claim and cancel.
I honestly would buy characters etc. if there was a SAFE system.
You should know this Stian :p

This is safest way to do it.

Seller gives product to middleman. Buyer Pays seller. Middleman gives product to buyer. There's no reason middleman should receive money at any time.
The buyer can post a screenshot of payment if the seller is making an issue that he didn't receive anything.
Also, if it was done your way simply pay the middleman a % as incentive.
Ex: someones selling a lvl 120 druid for 100$ buyer receives 90 or 95 middleman receives the "fee"

And everyone who is a middleman will test the product he gets from someone, yea right. Use alertpay (no chargeback, except creditcard witch they charge 40EUR+perm ban for anyway), drop the middleman, people can scam you for the character you after you brought it anyway.

I have a tiny feature that would work like you describe, and test it the second you hit the buy button (but ofcource before you hit the paypal page :p) in order to vertify if the info is right. It will be opened "soon".

And everyone who is a middleman will test the product he gets from someone, yea right. Use alertpay (no chargeback, except creditcard witch they charge 40EUR+perm ban for anyway), drop the middleman, people can scam you for the character you after you brought it anyway.

I have a tiny feature that would work like you describe, and test it the second you hit the buy button (but ofcource before you hit the paypal page :p) in order to vertify if the info is right. It will be opened "soon".

sounds good hope it works!
A script that sends product after money is sent would work too. I know there's more to explain than that just trying to get on the right track here.
For example. "Seller inputs his Alertpay email during the product advertising process...script automatically sends product to buyer after it sees the correct amount of money is sent to that email.

Maybe the marketplace should be only for open tibia related things. (Not WoW, or such things).

Tibia character's go either way because of tracking. This can be considered "open tibia related."

Tip: All trading forums have scammers, you wont stop scamming on otland. If somebody wants to trade, they should trust the person first or don't trade at all. I agree that selling wow/tibia accounts should be removed, this is a open tibia forum... there are plenty other trading forums for things like that.

Tip: All trading forums have scammers, you wont stop scamming on otland. If somebody wants to trade, they should trust the person first or don't trade at all. I agree that selling wow/tibia accounts should be removed, this is a open tibia forum... there are plenty other trading forums for things like that.

Honestly there isn't making a system to make it atleast safer for buyers would be good..the marketplace atm is childish they really need some sort of "system"

That's the worst idea I've ever heard.
The worst idea you've ever heard? Clearly you don't look around the forum more often. Maybe there could be some Premium Subscribers that are scammers, but they spend money right? I would rather sell/buy to someone who spends money rather than some random noobs trying to sell anything to make money.

Back