• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why can you sell ANYTHING on otland.

Slain

TrueHavoc.com
Reaction score
Its full of poor 13 year old nerds attempting to scam. I honestly feel sorry for the people that eventually believe what these kids are posting simply because its on a legitimate website. Ultimately its Otland's fault for advocating this kind of behavior.

Don't come back saying that it isn't Otland's fault for posting because think about it, it is.

Well, you will still have the scam factor, but if you make us as middlemen, you also introduce another scammable layer, us. We can hold the money from the saler, or don't give the buyer the file. No method is safe, even ebay sucks at digital stuff. VAPus now have 3 moderators for the store department, but it takes time if we had to "approve" everything. I'm just saying, I think "sell and buy at your own risk", is the best way to go anyway.

I highly suggest you all educate yourself with this in a hurry: HeatWare

I was a legend on the AnandTech forums(several years ago) till the amount of time I was dedicating to it providing free support caused a rift between my ex-girlfriend and I. I had 25PPD and almost none were in the Off Topic forums. HeatWare was useful to me then, perhaps it may be useful to OtLand now.

-ribbon13
where is ribbon13 - AnandTech Forums

Well this can be both good and bad, but if you get scammed its not Otlands fault, you should check everything so its legit first for example if its coding you should require the person to show some of his / her codings before you even think about buying etc. etc..

Well, you will still have the scam factor, but if you make us as middlemen, you also introduce another scammable layer, us. We can hold the money from the saler, or don't give the buyer the file. No method is safe, even ebay sucks at digital stuff. VAPus now have 3 moderators for the store department, but it takes time if we had to "approve" everything. I'm just saying, I think "sell and buy at your own risk", is the best way to go anyway.

I don't think anyone from the staff team would scam another user but still, even if someone of us does, there are consequences and we both know what they are. I am not talking about approving each thread ourselves, I mean, who are we to decide if a user is trustworthy or not? We would reduce scamming at least...

I highly suggest you all educate yourself with this in a hurry: HeatWare

I was a legend on the AnandTech forums(several years ago) till the amount of time I was dedicating to it providing free support caused a rift between my ex-girlfriend and I. I had 25PPD and almost none were in the Off Topic forums. HeatWare was useful to me then, perhaps it may be useful to OtLand now.

-ribbon13
where is ribbon13 - AnandTech Forums

Thanks for the first one but we don't care about the rest.

Thanks for the first one but we don't care about the rest.

That could be construed as a condescending dismissive designed to instigate disrespectful retaliatory flaming to which you could employ site policy as both remedy and an enjoyable act of bullying. Unprofessional. Better served to reply about the one and merely ignore there. Luckily, I don't fall for such entrapment.

I was merely establishing that I at one point had a sphere of influence five orders of magnitude greater than, for example, yours. And that in such condition, I had underwritten the aforementioned independent ratings platform as an indispensable community resource.

OtLand is not taking any responsibility for the stuff you may find at the marketplace board, as we have already warned you that buying/selling in that forum is at your own risk. All I can suggest for the good of OtLand is not to allow attachments in that forum, therefore OtLand is not liable for any scamming attempt, in case Talaturen hasn't done that already.

About the open tibia related stuff; why? Talaturen doesn't want to forward his users to another forum and/or website.

I like the way it is, but let's wait for Talaturen's decision.

And vapus still doesnt remove MY work, wich I created. Some retard is trying to sell it.

And vapus still doesnt remove MY work, wich I created. Some retard is trying to sell it.

Prove it, it's not Stian's job to care.
If online property was stolen from me, I would consider it my fault.
It's similar to being hacked on an OT.

this user is not even able to create 20lines of codes. Other users already confirmed it multiple times, even this guy said it was true to stian, its still online there.

First you start selling scripts. People don't want to pay for scripts. It becomes illegal to buy/sell scripts on OTland.
People get over the price, and want to buy and sell scripts, dozens upon dozens of posts are made requesting a board to buy/sell things on OTland. Talaturen makes a Marketplace board.
People aren't happy with what others are selling, people selling other people's work, things not related to OTs or Tibia, and scammers.

Is anybody seeing a cycle here? You're never going to be happy with what you have. Get over it or stop buying/selling things. >.>

"Collapse this category"

Dont ever push the collapse button again, then your happy.

I'm not going to debate about if there should be a marketplace or not, if there should be a user account age, or rep limit to allow who can post things for sale. Those things are up to the staff, and whichever way they choose to go, I'll respect it.

What I would like to offer instead is a suggestion, and that suggestions is:
CATEGORIZE THE MARKETPLACE

There should be a sub forum(s) on the marketplace to allow for easy search, and organization. The way it is at the moment, it is a jumbled up mess.

This is an Open Tibia community, and the majority of users here want to find resources for their project they are working on. This becomes a nightmare, when the majority of posts in the marketplace forum, are accounts or gold being sold from real tibia.

So to help people be able to navigator through the marketplace forum better, it needs to have subforms. I would suggest the following subforms:

1. Tibia Characters, Gold, Ingame items - This would be the section to post if you want to sel/buy something that is on a pre-existing server.
2. Scripts (LUA,XML,C++)- This section would be to post singular scripts/systems that you would want to sell/buy.
3. Maps- This section would be for posting maps that you would like to sell/buy.
4. Full Data Packs- This section is for selling a already working/made data pack, with all the necessary files to run a server.
5. Website Applications/Web Resources (PHP scripts, layots, etc)- The section to post web-related products for sale/buy.
6. Other- The section to sell non-tibia related things, bots/tools for tibia, or whatever random thing people want to attempt to sell or buy (example: old ips).

I believe this would help clean up the marketplace to be more userfriendly. as I said before, it is a mess at the moment, and a chore to navigate through it.

I hope my suggestion is taken seriously.

I think the Market place is just fine as it is. But I do agree with who ever posted stating that there should be someone in the middle who manages the exchange.

I'm not going to debate about if there should be a marketplace or not, if there should be a user account age, or rep limit to allow who can post things for sale. Those things are up to the staff, and whichever way they choose to go, I'll respect it.

What I would like to offer instead is a suggestion, and that suggestions is:
CATEGORIZE THE MARKETPLACE

There should be a sub forum(s) on the marketplace to allow for easy search, and organization. The way it is at the moment, it is a jumbled up mess.

This is an Open Tibia community, and the majority of users here want to find resources for their project they are working on. This becomes a nightmare, when the majority of posts in the marketplace forum, are accounts or gold being sold from real tibia.

So to help people be able to navigator through the marketplace forum better, it needs to have subforms. I would suggest the following subforms:

1. Tibia Characters, Gold, Ingame items - This would be the section to post if you want to sel/buy something that is on a pre-existing server.
2. Scripts (LUA,XML,C++)- This section would be to post singular scripts/systems that you would want to sell/buy.
3. Maps- This section would be for posting maps that you would like to sell/buy.
4. Full Data Packs- This section is for selling a already working/made data pack, with all the necessary files to run a server.
5. Website Applications/Web Resources (PHP scripts, layots, etc)- The section to post web-related products for sale/buy.
6. Other- The section to sell non-tibia related things, bots/tools for tibia, or whatever random thing people want to attempt to sell or buy (example: old ips).

I believe this would help clean up the marketplace to be more userfriendly. as I said before, it is a mess at the moment, and a chore to navigate through it.

I hope my suggestion is taken seriously.
ROFL. Age limit? Yeah, like people won't lie about their birth date. How about another suggestion. How about only Premium Subscribers have access to the marketplace. It will prevent both scams and noobs. You know what they say, you have to spend money to make money.

Right, these guys are just paranoid, everything seems OK to me.

Back