• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why can you sell ANYTHING on otland.

Slain

TrueHavoc.com
Reaction score
Its full of poor 13 year old nerds attempting to scam. I honestly feel sorry for the people that eventually believe what these kids are posting simply because its on a legitimate website. Ultimately its Otland's fault for advocating this kind of behavior.

Don't come back saying that it isn't Otland's fault for posting because think about it, it is.

The worst idea you've ever heard? Clearly you don't look around the forum more often. Maybe there could be some Premium Subscribers that are scammers, but they spend money right? I would rather sell/buy to someone who spends money rather than some random noobs trying to sell anything to make money.
Nah, I've seen enough scam threads made before MarketPlace. I vote for approval requirement of newly-made threads at MarketPlace by the board/global moderators.

Nah, I've seen enough scam threads made before MarketPlace. I vote for approval requirement of newly-made threads at MarketPlace by the board/global moderators.
You've seen enough, but you'll see a lot more soon.

Honestly there isn't making a system to make it atleast safer for buyers would be good..the marketplace atm is childish they really need some sort of "system"

The only way you could do it is to force everyone to upload what they are selling first and have it approved by a mod. If this happens, I'll never sell anything good in the marketplace because I wouldn't want to leak a script to the otland moderators. I used to sell game accounts on trading forums before, they usually used the 'higher rep' goes last method to avoid scams and the truly legit traders had the top rep. Unfortunately, otland rep means absolutely nothing because people are allowed to beg for it and hand it out to everyone for free so there is no real way besides trust to avoid scams.

The only way you could do it is to force everyone to upload what they are selling first and have it approved by a mod. If this happens, I'll never sell anything good in the marketplace because I wouldn't want to leak a script to the otland moderators. I used to sell game accounts on trading forums before, they usually used the 'higher rep' goes last method to avoid scams and the truly legit traders had the top rep. Unfortunately, otland rep means absolutely nothing because people are allowed to beg for it and hand it out to everyone for free so there is no real way besides trust to avoid scams.

Yeah its not like vouches, etc. mean anything..I could go in the marketplace right now and sell my 220 ED that doesn't exist for 180$ and never see this site again..even though they wouldn't punish me for it. lol.
However it would only take one or two TRUSTWORTHY mods that have been around for a long time to verify every account/data thats being uploaded and approve the thread.
Simply log into the acc make sure it has everything, or make sure it is AS advertised. They should at least give us that.

Nothing will happen unless people complain so much he'll just remove the market itself. Talaturen already explained that the market is an open place to sell, trade, or buy and otland is not responsible for anything that happens there. You do this at your own risk.

Might as well stop discussing it.

Bleh fine no sense in me ranting anymore lol, close the thread!

However atleast think about having a thread approved before allowing them to sell the product..

it would only take one or two TRUSTWORTHY mods that have been around for a long time to verify every account/data thats being uploaded and approve the thread.
Simply log into the acc make sure it has everything, or make sure it is AS advertised. They should at least give us that.

Actually you should wait more for the reply of an admin.

However it would only take one or two TRUSTWORTHY mods that have been around for a long time to verify every account/data thats being uploaded and approve the thread.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure almost nobody would do that even if they were legit and had nothing to hide. Just because somebody is a moderator on otland doesn't mean I trust them with my account info and scripts. Even if they don't actually try to steal it, they may have a keylogger, store the info for later or it might get leaked to a friend. Also, if otland ever got hacked, or a moderator's account gets hacked.. everything for sale would be leaked too.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure almost nobody would do that even if they were legit and had nothing to hide. Just because somebody is a moderator on otland doesn't mean I trust them with my account info and scripts. Even if they don't actually try to steal it, they may have a keylogger, store the info for later or it might get leaked to a friend. Also, if otland ever got hacked, or a moderator's account gets hacked.. everything for sale would be leaked too.

Just spitting ideas man...help me out here..
Also there are few people in this world that have a conscience believe it or not lol.
I recently sold a runescape account for 300$..after he claimed and cancelled..I could have pwned him but I didn't. Find a mod like that. Anyone but CyberM imo. lol jk
Honestly I trust Stian but I doubt he would want the responsibility.

Just spitting ideas man...help me out here..
Also there are few people in this world that have a conscience believe it or not lol.
I recently sold a runescape account for 300$..after he claimed and cancelled..I could have pwned him but I didn't. Find a mod like that. Anyone but CyberM imo. lol jk
Honestly I trust Stian but I doubt he would want the responsibility.

tip: doing claim/cancel for every trade will get your account limited pretty quickly, also doing claim/cancel hardly helps the seller.. I've seen people charge back after doing that.

i dont think its otlands fault as much as the persons... they are chooseing to risk it. Some kids that they trust have like 2 posts and 0 rep.. well obviously there not gonna know anything.

i dont think its otlands fault as much as the persons... they are chooseing to risk it. Some kids that they trust have like 2 posts and 0 rep.. well obviously there not gonna know anything.

Lol that completely does not matter. I could do the same thing with 2k+ posts and claim I have a 200 sorc for 100 bucks and not have any plans of giving him the character. That's why if you buy stuff on this forum you are retarded. The end. However I think Vapus is much safer for purchasing stuff :)

Lol that completely does not matter. I could do the same thing with 2k+ posts and claim I have a 200 sorc for 100 bucks and not have any plans of giving him the character. That's why if you buy stuff on this forum you are retarded. The end. However I think Vapus is much safer for purchasing stuff :)

If you're willing to give up your servers reputation for 100$, go ahead and do it. You have to be pretty desperate to do that though and nobody would play your server again, and you'd just lose money overall.

I only put 1 thing on vapus to try out the store and see if anybody would buy it, a couple people did. I now just redirect interested people from my otland thread to the vapus page because I don't want to deal with the transaction through otland manually. Although it seems vapus moderators wont approve my 1 file script but have approved full data packs, it is probably safer to use vapus anyways.

If you're willing to give up your servers reputation for 100$, go ahead and do it. You have to be pretty desperate to do that though and nobody would play your server again, and you'd just lose money overall.

I only put 1 thing on vapus to try out the store and see if anybody would buy it, a couple people did. I now just redirect interested people from my otland thread to the vapus page because I don't want to deal with the transaction through otland manually. Although it seems vapus moderators wont approve my 1 file script but have approved full data packs, it is probably safer to use vapus anyways.

Lol I have no plans of selling or buying anything at Otland. Don't worry. :)

Back