• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Why is this keep on getting ignored? TFS 0.4 Rev.3884 64bit gui /w war system

danne3131

Solutions
Reaction score
There are so many requests on the forum about

TFS 0.4, REV.3884 - 64bit gui. (with war system (emblems))

why does this keep on being ignored?

I search alot for this rev and distro but i cant find it nor compile it.. i find this really hard and i see alot of people having the exact same question..

If anybody would be so amazing and compile 0.4 rev 3884 64bit gui with war system, i would love that and a big up for the community!!

For windows

Idk if gui is possible to compile with but if it is please help us with it!

Sincinerely,
yours Daniel

Last edited:
Okey thank u guys!

Linux or windows? :D Still linux i guess?

And btw is TFS 1.1 64 bit? and does it have gui? cant check right now since i am gonna go to bed and if i start this project i wont go to sleep xD

nope i never download suspected .exe´s i was really carefull with that backthen xd but who knows ...
yea "WHO KNOWS" ask yourself xD

Okey thank u guys!

Linux or windows? :D Still linux i guess?

And btw is TFS 1.1 64 bit? and does it have gui? cant check right now since i am gonna go to bed and if i start this project i wont go to sleep xD

Windows = shit for 10 years old kids who want play in League of Legends

Linux = most stable system who can be ON till 10 + years xD

Linux 100%

TFS 1.1 is Whatever you want it to be. If you compile it on a 64 bit Linux system it will work in that mode. No it does not have a gui because it is useless and just hogs resources.

@dominique120 has already said it. A GUI version is really buggy and will light your computer on fire (metaphor)
Plus, there isn't anything on the GUI that would be useful anyways. Just use or create your own in-game commands if you want to make your life easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you could follow my tutorial for setting up TFS 1.0 on Debian but it will not work with 1.1 because of a lack of support for some compiler features.

I suggest you use CentOS 7. I'll make a tutorial if I get a chance.

Okey, Debian vs Linux? Any big differences?

And could i edit the server on my windows and when i feel kind of done just use Linux or Debian to host it? or is it like 2 different servers?

Okey, Debian vs Linux? Any big differences?

And could i edit the server on my windows and when i feel kind of done just use Linux or Debian to host it? or is it like 2 different servers?
Debian is a distribution of Linux.

To move the server from windows to Debian all you have to do is to recompile the source code under Debian instead.

So what is the differences between

ORTS Repository
Download ORTS
forgottenserver source
forgottenserver nightly builds:

@Simonek

ok :) Is ubuntu also a distribution of linux? :) @Elime

Debian is a distribution of Linux.

To move the server from windows to Debian all you have to do is to recompile the source code under Debian instead.

So i can actually edit my server until i feel ready about "release" Then i just recompile and all the changes are i made on windows are still there after the recompile to linux? :)

So what is the differences between

ORTS Repository
Download ORTS
forgottenserver source
forgottenserver nightly builds:

@Simonek

ok :) Is ubuntu also a distribution of linux? :) @Elime

So i can actually edit my server until i feel ready about "release" Then i just recompile and all the changes are i made on windows are still there after the recompile to linux? :)

Its hard to understand if that is a yes or no since i dont have the whole knowledge of "source code" and how that affects the server etc..

ok :) Is ubuntu also a distribution of linux? :)
Yes, Ubuntu is also a destribution of Linux and it is actually based on Debian. =P

Yep, you just move the souce over to debian and compile it there.

Okay, think of it this way, we'll use a car for our analogy.
There are two things that work together to run a server.

1. Server executable (*.exe)
  2. Data pack
The server executable is the engine. The data pack is the frame, interior, exterior, electronics, anything that is not the engine. The server executable is what makes everything work, even all the things in the data pack. You have no executable, you have no server. You have no data pack, you have nothing fancy, just an engine.

The ORTS is a collaborated data pack. The data pack contains everything you need to have a real map server.
As said before, you cannot run the data pack without the executable.

ORTS is based off the TFS 1.X distribution. You need to get the TFS 1.X executable. To get an executable, you need to compile the sources (.cpp and .h files). Compiling is basically turning all those source files into one executable.

TFS Nightly Builds are basically executables that are already compiled for you.
However, they are Windows compilations. So they can only be used in Windows computers.

You need to compile the sources on the same operating system as your host.
Hosting on Debian? Compile on Debian.
Hosting on Ubuntu? Compile on Ubuntu.
Hosting on iOS? Compile on iOS.

You only need to compile when you need an executable and/or when you make changes in any of the source files. You do not need to recompile when you change anything in the data pack.

Use CentOS 7 Because the latest Debian release does not work with TFS 1.1.

Ubuntu sucks for to many reasons so avoid it.

@Evan Really Great tutorial... u should really make a whole new thread like Basic tutorial when u explain this.. cuz alot of new members will learn faster :)

@dominique120 So when comes to linux do i got 2 choices.. Ubuntu or Debian.. I guess they are like Vista and XP?

@Evan Okey Can i take this server and download the already compiled nightly builds.. and run everything on my windows.. And when i feel Ready i just compile the sources for Linux and i take the data packs of my server that is "ready" and put them in the compiled LINUX Engine and voila.. i got my server on linux with all the progress made in Windows into it? :)

@dominique120 So when comes to linux do i got 2 choices.. Ubuntu or Debian.. I guess they are like Vista and XP?

They are two separate operating systems that exist separately, The right analogy would be for instance Debian 7 -> Debian 8 much like XP -> Vista.

In regards to linux you have hundreds of options, and like I said, use CentOS 7 because Debian 7 cant work with TFS 1.1.

@Evan Okey Can i take this server and download the already compiled nightly builds.. and run everything on my windows.. And when i feel Ready i just compile the sources for Linux and i take the data packs of my server that is "ready" and put them in the compiled LINUX Engine and voila.. i got my server on linux with all the progress made in Windows into it? :)
Yes you can do exactly that.

Last edited:
didnt understand CentOS 07 was a version of linux XD but okey sorry :) Its hard to understand all. but suddenly everything just falls to places.. I feel like im more constructed now and know that my work wont be for none... Thanks! :)

@dominique120 Nice! Thank you.. Btw i followed ur tutorial on Compiling tfs 1.1 with visial studio.. And i succeded! I But I see the .EXE that i created with alot of other files in the folder.. wich files do i need to take from here? Like where do i get the config.lua from and the rest? Thank u for great suppport! :) @Evan you might also know this since u told me alot bout it :)

I guess only the EXE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom