• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why Was This Thread Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
Well, CyberM decided to close this thread (http://otland.net/f57/rogelorium-lands-fantasis-iv-108979/) because it was "shit mapping"? Who is he to say what is crappy mapping and what isn't. The board is called Mapping Show-off for a reason, they post their work to show it off, and get feedback on how they can improve. Just because everyone can't map like Neon or whoever doesn't mean that they don't have the right to post their work in the mapping show-off. The thread should be re-opened and CyberM should be hit over the head with a stick. Just my opinion, because I'm not the author of this thread. I'm just tired of seeing the stupid shit that CyberM does.

Seems we gonna need a new board rule against shit mapping, it has only contributed to spam, trolling, rude replies and insults.
No, this isn't even mapping, no ot would use a map like this.
It's not the mappers fault that community lacks communicating skills. They didn't ask for insults or spam.

LOL well, first of all Collz, don't let your anger against me go mad on me and my actions like if you were tracking me.

OK, I thought I was a joke when I saw Pau's first thread about his "mapping", I didn't even decide to reply about it. Later I saw he was ignoring the fact everyone was making a fool of him, or suggesting to improve his maps.

Main Reason: Paulo Torres' threads about his mapping style(I don't know if that should be called mapping) were only leading to serious trolling, spamming, rude and even insults, resulting in the infractions of some users and so on. The worst thing is that Paulo Torres was acting like a flamer aswell, using inappropiate language(I'm not talking to his english) to reply back. He even misinterpret the suggestion of an user to improve his mapping, instead he insulted him. Also I find pointless these kind of threads, if mapping is for showoff, why not accept or discuss properly the suggestions and comments of users?

And finally, I want to imply that Collz seems to have a madness on me, so don't find strange if he makes posts, threads or blogs against my persona.
I'm not even mad, I just know right from wrong and I know your not doing your job correctly. And your talking about Paulo Torres but he's not the thread starter...
Ye look through all the pages, the only things people were posting was "OMG best maps" no critics. nothing.
I asked him to start using Raw palette more often, yes you can make maps with autoborder, not exactly good ones.
the thread was just spam and crap. And to be honest, i'm suprised otland didn't ban him for good or delete his threads earlier.

@Evil, how are my maps predictable? What will I map next? Huh? you don't know, over half my maps in my thread are different or continued from the last piece I would have made.

How are all my maps the same aswell?
We are not talking about Paulo Torres... Or is Rogelio Guerra, Paulo Torres?

Well eitherway, you look at the styles, pretty much the same. Obviously another or the same troller...
Maybe they're the same people. Only the Mod's would know.

Can't a mod delete this thread?

Well eitherway, you look at the styles, pretty much the same. Obviously another or the same troller...

Can't a mod delete this thread?
If your not gonna argue about the topic then leave.Your not god, so stop acting like it. Let a Global Moderator+ discuss this topic further. Your presence isn't needed since your ignorant...

@peroxide
i mean, that the "goods maps" follows a pattern (things on the right place and all this shit), and those others maps dont, thats what i said, got it?

Uhm, please look for more information before judging, in that thread I found a lot of insults with two users against them.
At Pau's threads I found a similar situation.
But you said use appropriate langauge and then you goto another thread and say that the map is shit and no ot would use it. How is that appropriate?

i map since 7.5 and i remember my maps aren''t even that good on simeone it wasn''t a big failure but few stupid noob actions because i picked up very fast except i used trees as borders like the pokemon games and used the plant and another default npc put every shop and didn''t and put few npc doing their job.. hoever i tought how do they kw so i deleted the most things and the boat npcs got changed to tps etcc however even i watched his maps yes he suck but i think it might be not a another guy because even in his bad mapping i see still some pattern in it.. yes i confess even i laughed about the names and map but i also agree that the people who gave comment just was messing up with him instead give critics.

GOOD MAPS FROM THE "BEST MAPPERS":
- The items fits the theme
- There was no errors
- No overspammed items
- All things on the right place
- Creatures that fit the ambient
- Etc...

GOOD MAPS FROM THE "TROLLS":
- contrary to the above, but that's the point, be different, make someone laughs, got it now?

but i also agree that the people who gave comment just was messing up with him instead give critics.
hey dude, that are his patterns, we dont need to interfer it, if we do, they the will map like the "good mappers" :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my item fits the themes, I decide on which Items I'm going to use for the piece before I work on my pieces.
I don't think I've made a map with an item placed on the wrong spot for quite a while, and if I have it could have been intentional.

A lot of my pieces lately I agree are overdetailed. I've been testing new styles and so on :)

man you are all jelous, let the guys map and gtfo of his threads

make a rule then:

ONLY THREADS WITH BEST MAPS ARE ALLOWED, OTHERWISE IT WILL GET DELETED/CLOSED AND YOU COME BACK ONLY AFTER MAPPING GOOD

You're right! We're jealous of maps we can't make worse...

I'm not even mad, I just know right from wrong and I know your not doing your job correctly. And your talking about Paulo Torres but he's not the thread starter...

We are not talking about Paulo Torres... Or is Rogelio Guerra, Paulo Torres?

You're not in a thesis to be able to judge a moderator's quality of job. You cannot see what is going on behind the scenes. Only the administrators can. Paulo Torres is a troll or at least a user who's level is below noob and we're against such kind of people.

There won't be any thread restrictions on the mapping showoff section. It's for everyone.

Have your private conversations via VM or PM. Thank you.

The thread was closed for one reason, and one reason only. After constantly telling him that his maps weren't good and he should try reading tutorials and such, all his replies would be insulting or saying 'jealous', Personally I believe Paulo is just another OTLander being a troll, Also Rogelio is Paulo aswel, all he is doing is seeking attention and getting everyone pissed off, His thread was not closed for shitty mappings (well not fully) it was because of the constant trolling from Evil and the other guys saying OMG YOU JEALOUS HE BES, then the competitions, and the signatures. It just got out of hand. Seriously just chill out with all this crap. >_>, theres a line between bad mapping and attention seekers.. And paulo was a attention seeker.

The thread was closed for one reason, and one reason only. After constantly telling him that his maps weren't good and he should try reading tutorials and such, all his replies would be insulting or saying 'jealous', Personally I believe Paulo is just another OTLander being a troll, Also Rogelio is Paulo aswel, all he is doing is seeking attention and getting everyone pissed off, His thread was not closed for shitty mappings (well not fully) it was because of the constant trolling from Evil and the other guys saying OMG YOU JEALOUS HE BES, then the competitions, and the signatures. It just got out of hand. Seriously just chill out with all this crap. >_>, theres a line between bad mapping and attention seekers.. And paulo was a attention seeker.

Rogelio is not Paulo according to my IP address lookup. His IP matches to another user.

So the thread shouldn't have been closed, and now deleted.

Well then hes also another attention seeker, simple as that.

You're right! We're jealous of maps we can't make worse...

You're not in a thesis to be able to judge a moderator's quality of job. You cannot see what is going on behind the scenes. Only the administrators can. Paulo Torres is a troll or at least a user who's level is below noob and we're against such kind of people.

There won't be any thread restrictions on the mapping showoff section. It's for everyone.
I can judge a moderators quality of job all I want, hence the fact that it's my opinion. You all are talking about Paulo Torres, but you said it yourself that the other guy isn't Paulo Torres. My thread wasn't about Paulo Torres, so stop talking about him.

Because the other guy is just starting to troll...

I can judge a moderators quality of job all I want, hence the fact that it's my opinion. You all are talking about Paulo Torres, but you said it yourself that the other guy isn't Paulo Torres. My thread wasn't about Paulo Torres, so stop talking about him.
Indeed, but this "vision of quality" of yours will always be limited. I want to quote that "the favorite sport of humans is judging with minimal info". Still I don't find your point of complaining about another user you do not know or not know his situation at OTLand while we can since we can get all the information we need in order to execute our actions, according to common sense and forum rules. Even though Paulo is not that user, they are related much, yet I don't have to give you all the info or procedures us moderators do and use while accomplishing our duty.

Indeed, but this "vision of quality" of yours will always be limited. I want to quote that "the favorite sport of humans is judging with minimal info". Yet I don't find your point of complaining about another user you do not know or not know his situation at OTLand while we can since we can get all the information we need in order to execute our actions, according to common sense and forum rules. Even though Paulo is not that user, they are related much, yet I don't have to give you all the info or procedures us moderators do and use while accomplishing our duty.
I don't see how their much related. I've seen one post from the other guy which was his mapping thread and spam from the other users, so you cannot compare the 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back