• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Why Was This Thread Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
Well, CyberM decided to close this thread (http://otland.net/f57/rogelorium-lands-fantasis-iv-108979/) because it was "shit mapping"? Who is he to say what is crappy mapping and what isn't. The board is called Mapping Show-off for a reason, they post their work to show it off, and get feedback on how they can improve. Just because everyone can't map like Neon or whoever doesn't mean that they don't have the right to post their work in the mapping show-off. The thread should be re-opened and CyberM should be hit over the head with a stick. Just my opinion, because I'm not the author of this thread. I'm just tired of seeing the stupid shit that CyberM does.

Seems we gonna need a new board rule against shit mapping, it has only contributed to spam, trolling, rude replies and insults.
No, this isn't even mapping, no ot would use a map like this.
It's not the mappers fault that community lacks communicating skills. They didn't ask for insults or spam.

I can judge a moderators quality of job all I want, hence the fact that it's my opinion. You all are talking about Paulo Torres, but you said it yourself that the other guy isn't Paulo Torres. My thread wasn't about Paulo Torres, so stop talking about him.

Right, I confused these two names.

You can judge? Based on what? You can neither see our activity neither what actions we have taken to be able to judge based on real things. You can only judge us based on assumptions.

Rogelio Guerra's thread was deleted because of his attempt to begin a troll thread by mimicking Paulo Torres' behaviour. It is also the secondary user of another member who is well-known and was also infracted for posting crap on Paulo Torres' thread. CyberM was right to close his thread (he should have deleted it) but the reason his specified was wrong.

Because the other guy is just starting to troll...

This.

I see no reason to leave this thread open. I have answered your questions. In case there's something left that you need to discuss, you can PM me.

Just want to add that I understand why Collz is reacting. Deleting or closing a thread because you're not a fan of the users mapping is nothing i'd support either.
Posting a 'badly' made map is allowed, everyone is not as skilled and are learning.

HOWEVER- The people flaming the thread should be punished, by either infractions or warnings. It's not the thread creators fault that people don't like his mapping, he is not asking haters to reply. People feeding the trolls are the problem, not the trolls. And when you learn that you'll get a clean and nice forum. Basically I punish the feeders, not the trolls themselfs. Trolls will always exist and the only way to cure it is stop feeding it, don't post in a thread just to flame or insult a mapper.

And again, we appreciate if you guys would report all flamers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back