• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 7 RC1. [Brand new Windows OS, released 5th may].

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
Thread Rules:
No posts or replies about Linux, this thread is dedicated to Windows.

For thoose who still don't get it, when it comes to SERVERS, go for Linux. For private usage, its all about taste.

I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Beta 7000 to RC1. And it truly looks amazing.

Short information:
Windows created, XP, happy happy times, got pretty amazing after the Special Packs.

Then they created Vista, and it was going deeply downwards, Vista was very dissapointing, requiring alot of computer resources, and had an overall bad performance. (my opinion).

Then now, they are testing Windows 7, and its first Release Candidate is out.

So I did a small preview of it:
1717-windows-7-rc1-candidate-released-5th-may.png

At first, the GUI looks fantastic, great design. This screen is from my school laptop, you have no idea how nasty it was on my friends 24¨ screen at high resolution.

Windows are trying to fix their bad Vista misstakes, and now Windows 7 is much more lightweighted. Very fast startup, and the RAM usage is really awesome. Much less than Windows Vista.

I am very satisfied with it so far, but havent tested it out enough though. :p

I'm using it on my craptop 512 mb ram and it runs smootly. Also I think you should configure your windows looks a bit(personal taste:p).

You get laptops from your school?!:O ROX!

Yep, ofc I do. Don't you? :S
The laptop got: 2.13Ghz processor, 2GB RAM. But the processor is only 1 core, and it only has 256 integraded graphic card. :C So its not perfect for Games. But it can handle small games like Tibia without any probs. :D Runs around 60FPS on tibia. So not the best.

Around 8 people from my class deleted the school system OS, and reinstalled it with Windows 7 or XP. :p Since we didnt have admin access when we first got the computer. Ahaha :)

That screenie was after using it for about 5 mins? :p Didnt got time to personalize it. It was like:
1: Download FIREFOX. Almost puked the few seconds I actually was using internet explorer.
2: Download Winrar. <--- a must.
3: Download the drivers for my laptop.
4: Download MSN.
5: Download tibia clients to check if my graphic card was working properly or if I had to reinstall the drivers. (checked it Direct X9 was working). :p

Yep, ofc I do. Don't you? :S
The laptop got: 2.13Ghz processor, 2GB RAM. But the processor is only 1 core, and it only has 256 integraded graphic card. :C So its not perfect for Games. But it can handle small games like Tibia without any probs. :D Runs around 60FPS on tibia. So not the best.

Around 8 people from my class deleted the school system OS, and reinstalled it with Windows 7 or XP. :p Since we didnt have admin access when we first got the computer. Ahaha :)

That screenie was after using it for about 5 mins? :p Didnt got time to personalize it. It was like:
1: Download FIREFOX. Almost puked the few seconds I actually was using internet explorer.
2: Download Winrar. <--- a must.
3: Download the drivers for my laptop.
4: Download MSN.
5: Download tibia clients to check if my graphic card was working properly or if I had to reinstall the drivers. (checked it Direct X9 was working). :p

Aff we don't get things from school.. We need to buy everything etc. We have computers in school wich we can use, I always max secured it so the noobies wouldnt fuck it up with virusses. I also installed windows 7, but isn't really allowed...:D

Thread Rules:
No posts or replies about Linux, this thread is dedicated to Windows.

For thoose who still don't get it, when it comes to SERVERS, go for Linux. For private usage, its all about taste.

I upgraded my computer from Windows 7 Beta 7000 to RC1. And it truly looks amazing.

Short information:
Windows created, XP, happy happy times, got pretty amazing after the Special Packs.

Then they created Vista, and it was going deeply downwards, Vista was very dissapointing, requiring alot of computer resources, and had an overall bad performance. (my opinion).

Then now, they are testing Windows 7, and its first Release Candidate is out.

So I did a small preview of it:
1717-windows-7-rc1-candidate-released-5th-may.png

At first, the GUI looks fantastic, great design. This screen is from my school laptop, you have no idea how nasty it was on my friends 24¨ screen at high resolution.

Windows are trying to fix their bad Vista misstakes, and now Windows 7 is much more lightweighted. Very fast startup, and the RAM usage is really awesome. Much less than Windows Vista.

I am very satisfied with it so far, but havent tested it out enough though. :p

Tests say that Windows 7 is slightly better than Vista in performance, but not much better. Previous tests (BETA releases) have told that it was much better than vista but it's started to drain more and more for each build. So sorry to say, but I still don't like Windows 7. =/

Tests say that Windows 7 is slightly better than Vista in performance, but not much better. Previous tests (BETA releases) have told that it was much better than vista but it's started to drain more and more for each build. So sorry to say, but I still don't like Windows 7. =/

Dude, I have tried it myself. And I think its ALOT better.
Also been using Windows 7 build 7000 for many months now. And RC1 seem to be using much less than Build 7000.

People might say its like that, but when I test it by myself, and I see it works alot better, who shall I believe in?

Note that the gap might be very different depending on your computer, if you already got a very good gaming computer, or if you got a school/studying computer that is not the best computer out there on the market.

You've used RC1 for some days, try to install a fresh Vista and you'll see that it's quite fast for a while as well.

You've used RC1 for some days, try to install a fresh Vista and you'll see that it's quite fast for a while as well.

I started with Vista. And my brother use Vista, and many of my friends use Vista.

I have also "fixed" many of my friends computer, they go around saying their computer is shit, I borrow it 2 days, deliver it back as Windows 7. And they have all agreed to me, that Windows 7 is alot better, it runs faster, looks much better, and they had less problems with it.

Which pretty much makes my final conclusion. :p

I am also part time working for an IT company, who repairs computers, and sells computers.

There have happen 3 times, that we have sold Vista computers away to customers, and they have returned it, asking for XP since they hated Vista, and I have suggested them to use Windows 7, and they agree to try it out, and they have come with positive feedbacks.

edit1:
I am also starting to get phone calls by random dudes asking to upgrade their OS as well. Dudes like freinds of our customers that I don't know. :p

Can someone please send a link ? :D

Microsoft Corporation
Search "Windows 7"

Take the first "Editors Choise" result you get.
Then you see down
Microsoft.com said:
The Windows 7 Release Candidate is available. Download it here when you’re ready.

And you click "download it here".

Not so hard really. :p

You might want to read how to dual boot, or take backup of files, you will have to burn it to a CD, and mount it in BIOS.

I just deleted my whole computer, taking some backups, since the Vista partition was just bothersome.

i hate that msn dont save on program section (clock and those things), it just stays in the task bar now :mad: and the conversations... out of that, it rox =)

i hate that msn dont save on program section (clock and those things), it just stays in the task bar now :mad: and the conversations... out of that, it rox =)

Yeah I also miss that a bit.

Hard to cover up MSN at school. :X

As i read right the key won't expired in till 1 year from now?

Back