• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 7 RC1. [Brand new Windows OS, released 5th may].

Noticed a tiny bug which is a bit irritating. Right clicking sometimes freeze up, and you have to wait a cou0le sec for the drop menu to appear.

Many other also have that problem <.< sometimes its instant, but a few times its a bit slow.

Don't know what I have done, but this problem that I had in the start, is completely gone now. Perhaps it was an windows update or something. :D

Well I am still using the RC release of windows 7, and got no problems with it, I still love it, I still think its fast <3 Which it is. :D <--- Compared to Vista at least.

@ Znote

Im using the RC1 aswell. It looks like everything is more stable like the first beta in my oppinion. The first beta also showed that Windows 7 will be alot better than all previous versions of Windows. Its got all of my drivers installed correctly and dont need to insert my driver disk at all. If I have one driver failure ill post it up to microsoft.com and then it will be fixed there for me. For the RC1 it is very stable.. It doesnt crash at all. It got all of vista features in it and they did a very great job to present it to the public this way.

But for OTServers i donnot guarantee that it will run stable. You also dont uses vista for servers right? With server features Im still using Windows XP after all. Quite releyeble and proven security.

Luckely Windows 7 will help microsoft to bring back the TOP os of the world.

Kind Regards,
Wodian

What about software support, how many programs actually support windows 7?

Actually I did a little test with that, and all programs that works with Vista, works with Windows 7.
Same goes for drivers, do they work with Vista? Then they work with Windows 7.

The only exception is of course programs/drivers with installers coded to only install on specific operating systems, they might throw an error saying "Unknown Operating System" and refuse to install.

Also one thing worth noting is that GameGuard does not have support for Windows 7 (hoo, big surprise there...), so any game using it (Flyff, Lineage 2, Maplestory, etc...) will not run.

I have AMD 3200+ 64bit, I'll try W7 64, but someone knows if all programs will run ?
Or should I better use 32 bit version ?

I have AMD 3200+ 64bit, I'll try W7 64, but someone knows if all programs will run ?
Or should I better use 32 bit version ?
More information about your computer would make it easier for us to help you. Processor and GHz, graphic card, ram memory and HDD memory... etc :p

and btw, don't download RC1 from the pirate bay. your computer will be infected by some codes thats used for botnets.

Why use thepiratebay when you can use microsoft.com? Thats just stupid. :p

What about software support, how many programs actually support windows 7?

All of the progrems I have tried, have worked perfeclty on windows 7. More programs have worked on windows 7 than on Vista after my experience.

All programs that works with vista should work on Win 7,
I just installed Win 7 today and dont have any problems so far, just that ultramon 3.0.3 dont work.

Same goes to XP. and older operative systems. I can download windows 95 games and enjoy them at windows 7, it got a great support, for thoose programs where it says "unknown operative system", you can right click, and make the program think your using windows XP, Vista or windows 95 and it will work perfectly.

Even though this feature is on Vista as well, it seem to have been improved on Windows 7. I had lots of problems installing Red Alert 1 on Vista, I managed it after lots of googling. But on windows 7, it acted like 95 and installed it without any problems.

Actually I did a little test with that, and all programs that works with Vista, works with Windows 7.
Same goes for drivers, do they work with Vista? Then they work with Windows 7.

The only exception is of course programs/drivers with installers coded to only install on specific operating systems, they might throw an error saying "Unknown Operating System" and refuse to install.

I also made Remere work again, at last, I did not manage to install it on my previous Vista OS. On windows 7 it worked perfectly, so now I can start mapping some again <3

Also one thing worth noting is that GameGuard does not have support for Windows 7 (hoo, big surprise there...), so any game using it (Flyff, Lineage 2, Maplestory, etc...) will not run.

Are you sure that Maplestory don't work on Windows 7? :3

Last edited:
one question is this windows for free? :O since someone did say download it from microsoft.com

one question is this windows for free? :O since someone did say download it from microsoft.com

It's free but on March 2010 your system will start rebooting every 2 hours. That means you'll have to replace it with an official release and hence, pay for it.

It's free but on March 2010 your system will start rebooting every 2 hours. That means you'll have to replace it with an official release and hence, pay for it.

That's true.

Even if you believe the restarts are alright you must replace it before 1st June. If waiting beyond that you will not even be able to login since it have expired.

Here's a link to it. If you want to test it.

I have Windows 7 on my desktop and I do like a lot of the new features that it has. I do however not like that they completely removed the classic menu :'(

Back