• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

windows or linux

which one better?

• linux

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • windows

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • i like both

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMac

entrepreneur
Reaction score
which is better to host on? i see alot people say linux but they say you need programming experience(which i got non of) which one is better for hosting? and why
also which type of windows/linux is better fr hosting for example windows xp/vista/7

Ehh, Linux is by far better to host on. Security, performance and userfriendlyness is way better.

I used windows before because i was gaming a lot :p
But the last years i don't "Game" anymore, so installed linux last week :p not that many problems so far

OpenGL performance is way better on Linux then on Windows. So Linux would be better for gaming then Windows had just everyone used OpenGL instead of DicrectX and made native Linux binaries.

Linux is often used to make professional 3D stuff, Maya is avaible here, and if you just need a free alternative, try blender.

And WoW still runs better on Linux then on Windows ( about 105-110% the performance.)

OpenGL performance is way better on Linux then on Windows. So Linux would be better for gaming then Windows had just everyone used OpenGL instead of DicrectX and made native Linux binaries.

Linux is often used to make professional 3D stuff, Maya is avaible here, and if you just need a free alternative, try blender.

And WoW still runs better on Linux then on Windows ( about 105-110% the performance.)

Ye i noticed that :p Tibia runs a lot smother on Linux then Windows 7 :p

I'm a great fan of the call of duty series (mainly modern warfare 1 + 2) but they don't run on linux (MW 1 should but I couldn't get it working).
There for I still use windows.
For the rest, Linux (under dualboot).

Back