• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Windows Server 2008 doubts

GENiS

Reaction score
Hi!
I've set up a computer to act as a home server and I installed Windows Server 2008 RC2 x64 and I don't know what program install to have MySQL, PHP and Apache, as people say that Xampp is crap and Uniform Server doesn't work on 64 bits, I don't know what to use and I don't know any alternatives to this...

Can someone help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I'm back! xDD
Unfortunately I couldn't manage to make the server work. I could install PHP and MySQL, but when I tried to install phpMyAdmin I only got a bunch of errors, so I gave up. Then I tried to install Ubuntu Server 10.04 with LAMP, but now I'm not able to manage the desktop remotely with a graphical interface...

So if no one can help me with the windows thingy, I think I will manage to get Ubuntu work or at least I will do my best...

Thank you! :D

EDIT: YAY! I finally solved it! I successfully installed the latest versions of PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Back