• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[WIP] Rookgaard Adventures

Dagor

Reaction score
OBS: I will be updating this post with new stuff I add. If you liked the idea, keep watching the thread, and remember to comment if you have any suggestions.

Hello, I just started this project which I plan to make a Rookgaard Otsever 9.6, but without that stupid quests cipsoft introduced on 9.1.
My ideas are:
- No vocations
- Maximum level 50(Will unlock many things at lv 50, like weapons, spells, outfits, etc)
- Low XP, ML and skill rate
- Attribute points(to increase hp, mp, ml and skills. That way you will be able to create builds, since the rates are low)
- Mining, woodcutting and alchemist system(craft weapons, tools/ammo and potions. It will be very straightforward. Cut a bush, get leaves, talk to the npc and trade for potions)
- New RPG quests, new npcs, etc..(I won't take it too seriously. The focus will be on creativity and having fun)
- Spell scrolls based on level(Thanks users Limos and Ninja for helping me on the script. here is the thread http://otland.net/f132/learn-spell-clicking-book-quest-194764/index2.html)
- Edited creature loot to make it more realistic(rats will drop more worms, rat skins(new item) and no gold, for example)
- New hunting areas, so you don't hunt minotaurs till lv 50.
- High level creatures like Demons, Poi monsters etc.. will be much harder to kill, requiring teams and strategy

Here are some images of the content I created in three days

q5zcNdq.png

2GufCJe.png

aSBiBQr.png

W8vI1ya.png

UfUmSDC.png

What would YOU want in a rookgaard server? Tell me in the comments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Very unique and cool idea, but i must warn you there are not so many people in OT community who like cool RPG elements like mining and woodcutting, most of the people player 999999999x exp evo OTs with flashing signs and VIP system. So before you do the hard work, make sure you know what your goal is - to have fun server and possibly low number of people online or just some cash machine with tons of people online, and start going from there.

Anyways about the porject, my personal curiosity goes for PVP, will there be any pvp system in your rook server?

Very unique and cool idea, but i must warn you there are not so many people in OT community who like cool RPG elements like mining and woodcutting, most of the people player 999999999x exp evo OTs with flashing signs and VIP system. So before you do the hard work, make sure you know what your goal is - to have fun server and possibly low number of people online or just some cash machine with tons of people online, and start going from there.

Anyways about the porject, my personal curiosity goes for PVP, will there be any pvp system in your rook server?

Thanks for the relevant feedback.

I am trying to find a balance between not so fun rpg and very fun OP mechanics. Maybe I will make a reset system on level 50 or I will just make many things available at lv 50, like OP spells and equipment. The systems like woodcutting and etc my goal is to make them VERY simple and straightforward, so you use them to gather materials which you will need to make tools, arrows, potions, etc. About the pvp, I'm thinking between non pvp or pvp with "guards". They would be npcs that would be on the city and would attack anyone with a skull. This would make the cities the "safehouse", and would make you very scared when leaving it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I for one love RPG elements and those are the kind of server I only play but I absolutely HATE global stuff and by that I mean same monsters, items, and spells are real tibia like seriously how can anyone have any fun seeing the same stuff you've seen for so many years...? I would totally try this but no matter what you do to the server, if it has same items, spells, or monsters as real tibia it's not fun whatsoever..and yes some servers will say they have custom stuff but it turns out to be like 5 things that are custom and are for super high levels. Anyway good luck with your server.

I for one love RPG elements and those are the kind of server I only play but I absolutely HATE global stuff and by that I mean same monsters, items, and spells are real tibia like seriously how can anyone have any fun seeing the same stuff you've seen for so many years...? I would totally try this but no matter what you do to the server, if it has same items, spells, or monsters as real tibia it's not fun whatsoever..and yes some servers will say they have custom stuff but it turns out to be like 5 things that are custom and are for super high levels. Anyway good luck with your server.

Yes that is true. the problem is that I have a hard time messing with numbers. Making new formulas, changing monsters xp and hp always result in a mess. I will definitely change the monsters and spells, i just have to spend more time on it

don't listen to this guy, too much custom shit scares people. keep it as simple as possible (unless your goal is to have no players online xP)

bullshit-- if u have cool custom stuff that reminds u of the old days, wont u liek it

bullshit-- if u have cool custom stuff that reminds u of the old days, wont u liek it

what you just said contradicts itself .. how do you remember something you've never seen?

custom map/monsters (not all monsters) is cool but changing spell/game mechanics will just make you lose players

Back