• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Withdrawing the release of The Forgotten Server 0.4a1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Forgotten Server development blog:
Due to a misunderstanding within The Forgotten Server development team that happened due inactivity of some developers so others forgot the milestones, the 0.4 Alpha 1 release is being withdrawn. We appreciate if it is not being redistributed anywhere as it will cause confusion and has bugs that must be fixed before release. We are sorry for any inconvenience and advice you to use the latest release of 0.3 instead until 0.4 really is available.

Kind regards,
Talaturen.​

I asked why he didn't post it on Talaturen.

Because that user is some kind of news "bot"...

can't you see that he have 3 posts and all of them is threads started in the new news section... Not hard to figure out :/ "Think first, shot second"

I think released 0.4a1 is stable version. The thing why it got deleted is donation. Most people donated only to get access to private SVN, talking about supporting forum is bullshit in my eyes(for most donators, just few donated onl to support forum)

I donated to support the forum :) been doing it for over a year now

I donated to support the forum. :) By far, this is my favorite OT Forum, and I plan to help make sure it keeps on.

I don't even create any OTs anymore. xD

;< dmnt T.T then when will be here the new release? ;<?

I think you should release it again, but leave a warning stating that it's just a beta and has some minor and major flaws.

+1, now do not try to fix what is already wrong. <_<

We can't just release it again, it was not meant to be 0.4 Alpha 1 and that will just cause confusion. We won't release it with another name, because that was not our plans.

And when do you will realase the right tfs ? for tibia 8.6 ?

I hope Talaturen already answered all questions. As fast as he gets SVN back to work, I'll fix some bugs found lately, review whole documentation and release it as final version of 0.3 (kindof "0.3.7" aka 0.3rc7 which it could be, but its in enough stable to reach "gold" phase, last version of series), what really this release supposed to be. Why? It is still the same TFS as 0.3.6, but with fixed bugs what took that long, there's no real reason to increase minor version number.

Hail.

I hope Talaturen already answered all questions. As fast as he gets SVN back to work, I'll fix some bugs found lately, review whole documentation and release it as final version of 0.3 (kindof "0.3.7" aka 0.3rc7 which it could be, but its in enough stable to reach "gold" phase, last version of series), what really this release supposed to be. Why? It is still the same TFS as 0.3.6, but with fixed bugs what took that long, there's no real reason to increase minor version number.

Hail.

Sounds better.

waiting.............

and someone make 8.6 monsters?????

hmm, what about using the same otb as otserv uses in official release?
its pretty annoying that you have to change otb and xml in serv or editor :/
(and some optional update of database content to make sure that all 8.54 items are right wont hurt also xD)

and I known that 0.3 will evolve into 0.4, 0.3.6 is way closer to that 0.4a1 than 0.3.5 and it still goes forward," 0.3.7" will have almost every 0.4 feature, at least of the ones I know ^^

hmm, what about using the same otb as otserv uses in official release?
its pretty annoying that you have to change otb and xml in serv or editor :/
(and some optional update of database content to make sure that all 8.54 items are right wont hurt also xD)
like we wouldn't already have it... item update queries you may find on otfans posted by remere afaik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back