• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[XML] Random monster spawns

pasiak12

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey!

I am trying to implement funcion in RME, that will allow me to put random monsters spawn at one position and another function that will spawns monsters in random time.

So rme generates 'spawn' xml file that contains spawns informations

Here's example of two rats placed in spawn area (x:32819,y:32215,z:7) (real functions)
Code:
    <spawn centerx="32819" centery="32215" centerz="7" radius="2">
        <monster name="Rat" x="0" y="-1" z="7" spawntime="23" />
        <monster name="Rat" x="1" y="1" z="7" spawntime="23" />
    </spawn>

Is there any standard functions that allow me to define the 'time range' between whose the monster will spawn (for example the Rat will spawn between 10 and 20 secs) abstract fake code, that help you understand me:
Code:
        <monster name="Rat" x="0" y="-1" z="7" spawntime1="10" spawntime2="20"  />
    </spawn>

And another that will choose randomly(or with percents) one monster to spawn
like this (its also abstract fake code)
Code:
        <monster name="Rat" x="0" y="-1" z="7"  spawnGroup="1" chanceSpawn="60" />

<monster name="Orc" x="0" y="-1" z="7"  spawnGroup="1" chanceSpawn="40" />
    </spawn>

Thanks!

I haven't found any functions like this (only raids but its working style doesnt fit for my requirements). I am gonna create custom functions Thread can be closed. Thanks

Back