• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua XML Vocations, when creating 3rd promo, it can't use spells or weapons

mayel

Reaction score
Hello,

I've made a 3rd promotion on my server and was expecting it work just as when I made the 2nd promotion.
But now, characters promoted to the 3rd cannot use spells or items. I know that this can be resolved by adding a
Code:
<vocation id="13"/>
to every single spell or item but can't this be solved in a better way? I didn't need to alter anyhing when I created the 2nd promotion.

Thanks in advance,
Mayel

Hello,

I've made a 3rd promotion on my server and was expecting it work just as when I made the 2nd promotion.
But now, characters promoted to the 3rd cannot use spells or items. I know that this can be resolved by adding a
Code:
<vocation id="13"/>
to every single spell or item but can't this be solved in a better way? I didn't need to alter anyhing when I created the 2nd promotion.

Thanks in advance,
Mayel

No other way :)

You do know you gotta add the voc id to every spell aswell items aswell right? By adding a new voc making it fromvoc="2" doesnt make it nessessarly have the same spells /items as vocation 2. It doesnt work like that buddy ;)

what you can do is use the replace function.

So you do something like:

Find : <vocation id = "8"> (knight or whatever)
Replace for: <vocation id = "8"> <vocation id="13"/>

that way you keep your old vocations being able to do the spells and you just add the one you want. Ta Ta!
$5 dollars, thanks.

Back