• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xplicit's Mapping Thread

He did say it wasn't finished, otherwise It's better than my mapping and I've been at it longer. This depresses me. Really it does.

Thanks for all comments haha, yes, i will finish it, but can't do much this weekend, family is over.. Will make it up on monday/tuesday with lots of screens etc

Man it all looks nice, i will be able to help you with map soon, so you wont be so pressured :p, but don't worry, i haven't got a deadline for experia yet. But you will get all major credits for the map :p because this is just amazing!

Well, it's not the best but it's also not the worst.

You got a mind for mapping, play with the details and keep mapping :D

Hmm thanks.. I like it tho and I will post more pics tonight :D I pretty much finished the rook island with a few details still yet to add! I have just made it to about 90% finished but it will probably be the last screens that I post of that piece, so therefore :), I will edit into this post; the latest screens of the island, and then you can all look forward to new maps :p hehe

EDIT: Sorry server wont work for 9.1 keeps saying temple pos is wrong, yet the config and account manager are same. Also in RME, i added the town same location for temple.. I then added 4 towns same location after i read that can fix it and none of them worked either i seriously don't understand..

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay, had serious trouble with test server.. But here are millions of screenies xD :p

And The Story Begins....

hg.png

A nice clean area... xD

clock.png

Amazed By The Architechturial Design, Xplicit Made His Way Up The Building!

cave.png

After speaking to the "crazy orc" he allows you to pass.

cav2.png

The Path Seems To Brighten. Maybe An Exit It Close!

Xplicit Rushes Towards The Light Hoping To Escape The Cave!

begin.png

At Last!

Lets Find Out Where I Am!

begin2.png

Looks like some school :eek:o

begin3.png

The Main Gates!

23.png

fire.png

lh.png

sw.png

fd.png

lb.png

bg4.png

b.png

untitled.png

3.png

les.png

tr.png

hdf.png

df.png

hq.png

bb.png

br.png

Btw these are 2 different pictures its just PURE coincidence that they fit perfectly..

boat.png

bt.png

Someday you will make it to the mainland!

Where are you then since there is a bridge to the right :O

Some pictures looks cool, some don't :p

That bridge is the one i just walked across xD.. It is all for a Rookgaad type thing! Basically it will be an academy, where levels 1-4 you take "exams" after going to "lessons" Then from level 4, you go help around and do physical exams, etc :) once level 8 you can goto the boat after stepping on those shiny tiles :p, (but since i'm staff) i just Tped there ;P

And thanks.. I know some aren't really good, but for an RPG server they are fine.

1. The nature looks OK, except for the grass tufts on the bushes.
2. I think you could some details. It looks a bit boring.
3. No stones in a cave? And I don't like straight paths in a cave.
4. It's to squary I guess.
5. I honestly think it looks boring. Try to add like a damaged wall or something. Perhaps some details on the walls aswell?
6. Don't like those pink trees. I would like to see atleast some detailing on the road.
7. The statues doesn't fit tere I tink.
8. What's that? Looks boring.
9. The nature is looking good.
10. That's one lame 'light' house.
11. Like the idea! But I don't like the beach, it's to straight.
12. That is?
13. What's up with so many trees?
14. If that's a 'schoolyard', it could be done better. But I like the way you map.
15. It looks empty...
16. Not much to say really, I mean... Something is missing and I can't see why you put a 'storage room' there.
17. Don't use those tiles. They're ugly.
18. I hate thoose trees. *sadface*
19. That looks weird.
20. I liked everything except for the carpet.
21. Harry Potter inspiration?
22. Can't figure out what that is. It looks horrible.
23. I don't like that picutre at all...
24. Boring.
25. Try to add more details. A ship isn't that clean.

Note: I found some bugs. I think you should add more time to the details and try to map something more realistic. I guess you found the inspiration from Harry Potter.

I think you can learn alot from my notes. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. This is just my opinions.

1. The nature looks OK, except for the grass tufts on the bushes. WILL FIX
2. I think you could some details. It looks a bit boring. NOPE ITS RPG NOT SHOWOFF
3. No stones in a cave? And I don't like straight paths in a cave. NO THATS MAN MADE PART! THE REST OF CAVE IS IN PREV POSTS IF YOU CARE TO LOOK
4. It's to squary I guess. WHATS SQUARY? AND ITS ALL RAW...
5. I honestly think it looks boring. Try to add like a damaged wall or something. Perhaps some details on the walls aswell? ITS ROOK AND LIKE I SAID IN PREV POST NOT 100% FINSISHED! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE READ :/
6. Don't like those pink trees. I would like to see atleast some detailing on the road. I DO SO THEY STAYING :p AND AS ABOVE FOR ROAD
7. The statues doesn't fit tere I tink. THEY STAYING
8. What's that? Looks boring. PART OF THE MAP.. SHOWS THE SHAPE
9. The nature is looking good. THANKS
10. That's one lame 'light' house. THATS BEEN LIKE THAT SINCE START, I HAVEN'T EDITED THAT YET, I HAVEN'T POSTED AT ALL SO THOUGHT I'D SHOW IT, WILL CHANGE THAT NOW THANKS
11. Like the idea! But I don't like the beach, it's to straight. IT WAS ONE OF FIRST MAPPINGS, BUT JUST EDITED SLIGHTLY, I WILL EDIT SHAPE
12. That is? THE MAP..
13. What's up with so many trees? BECAUSE I WANT IT THAT WAY
14. If that's a 'schoolyard', it could be done better. But I like the way you map. NEVER SAID SCHOOL YARD.. THINK OF A COLLEGE CAMPUS
15. It looks empty... MEANT TO
16. Not much to say really, I mean... Something is missing and I can't see why you put a 'storage room' there. BECAUSE MOST SCHOOLS/COLLEGES HAVE A STORAGE ROOM PLUS THERE IS SECRET ITEMS IN CRATES
17. Don't use those tiles. They're ugly. I LIKE THEM
18. I hate thoose trees. *sadface* I DONT
19. That looks weird. ..NO
20. I liked everything except for the carpet. IDK WHY I DID THAT LOL :p
21. Harry Potter inspiration? NOPE BUT ANY MAGIC BASED ACADEMY WOULD SEEM SO
22. Can't figure out what that is. It looks horrible. ..
23. I don't like that picutre at all... KK
24. Boring. .. RPG NOT SHOWOFF
25. Try to add more details. A ship isn't that clean. WTF YES IT IS.. WTF IS WRONG WITH MY SHIP? PEOPLE CLEAN SHIPS YOU KNOW!

I THINK YOU CAN LEARN TO LOOK AT THINGS IN ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE!

AND WHAT DETAILS DO YOU RECOMMEND ON THE CLOCK TOWER... CONSIDERING THATS WHAT IT IS AND NOTHING ELSE AND YOU WONT SEE IT MAJORITY OF TIME AS ITS ON THE ROOF!!!!! (EXCUSE THE PUN)

1- IM A NEW MAPPER, NEW TO MAPPING AND NEW TO OTLAND
2- YOU HAVE 2 POSTS.. ONE ON MY THREAD, AND ONE ON ANOTHER MAPPING THREAD
3- IF YOU GONNA POST CRITICISM IT BETTER BE CONTRUCTIVE OR GTFO
4- DON'T JUST LIST WITHOUT QUOTING TO NEXT PAGE BECAUSE I HAD TO RECHECK...
5- YOU SEEM TO SAY ALL MY THINGS ARE BORING AND LACK DETAIL, YET THERE IS A MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHOW OFF AND RPG. RPG MEANS THAT PLAYERS WILL SPAM TRASH ALL OVER THE PLACE ANYWAY AND ITS MADE SO THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH ROOM TO WALK ETC.

ALSO FOR YOUR INFO. THE MAP LOOKS EMPTY BECAUSE ONCE MITCH4LL MAKES THE NPC'S THERE WILL BE A TOTAL OF 27 NPCS ON THAT MAP ALONE/ SOME BEING STUDENTS SOME BEING TEACHERS ETC. HE SPECIFICALLY TOLD ME NOT TO OVERSPAM TO MUCH DETAIL AS HE INTENDS TO DO THIS. I HAVE NOTED SOME OF YOUR "CRITICISM" AND HAVE FIXED/CHANGED SOME BITS AROUND BUT THE REST IS FINE AND AS FOR THE DESIGN. YOU WON'T GET BORED BECAUSE YOU ARE THERE FOR 8 LEVELS ONLY. YOU CAN'T "ROOK STAY" EITHER AS YOU CAN'T GAIN EXP AFTER LEVEL 8. THEREFORE MUST GET THE BOAT TO MAINLAND OR STAY IN ROOK DOING NOTHING.[/B]

Last edited:
Man, some of that is really nice, i agree with neon, some aren't too good, but they are good enough for an RPG server :) Once you finish that area, you can help me with the main continent lol

Back