• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

ZnoteAAC - Cornex Edition

Cornex

Web Developer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, a few days ago I started to rework and improve the ZnoteAAC core a bit.
What I have done so far is:

* Deleted a lot of files and compressed them into one.
* Moved all views to /pages folder.
* Improved the sub system, place a file in sub folder at /layout and it will override the default one from /pages.
* Totally make a new default layout, bootstrap one.
* Added server save countdown.
* Added subtopic urls system, as gesiors ones.
* Reworking urls to be absolute path.

... probably more but I cannot remember right now.

What I plan to do:

* Rework the folder structure even more.
* Improve and make it easier to add server compatibility.

... What I can come up with now, gotta fill it out more later.

So, keep this thread filled with what you want me to add to this version.
Of course I gonna release this to the public.

The default layout I got so far.

eESya0TfM.png

Is it possible after your fixing to add my own current layout or won't it be possible to use it anymore ?

How about using Laravel?

I took myself some time to think about that option, and just realized it would be better to create a new AAC if I go with Laravel.
For Laravel I gonna focus to create packages for https://github.com/pandaac/pandaac pandaac once @Chris release it.
Also for those who still wanna go for Znote, this is an great option if you looking for some fancy and funny features.

Is it possible after your fixing to add my own current layout or won't it be possible to use it anymore ?

I have though about that, I made so you WILL be able to use any old layout that exist now. :)
I got some lines in config.php that are specially made for bootstrap layout, but just ignore them when you use own layout.

For the sake of layout portability, a model in which front-end and back-end are completely separate seems to be the best long-term solution.
If you do go with Laravel, you can just take my Eloquent models from DevAAC and reuse. On the other hand, you can simply start with DevAAC and expand it or convert to Laravel if you wish. The best thing to do currently would be to add more layouts to DevAAC with the API that already exists but that I don't have the time to do.

Ideally, we would have one portable backend with all the features of all AACs (a moderately crazy idea) and then just produce front-end applications.

I took myself some time to think about that option, and just realized it would be better to create a new AAC if I go with Laravel.
For Laravel I gonna focus to create packages for https://github.com/pandaac/pandaac pandaac once @Chris release it.
Also for those who still wanna go for Znote, this is an great option if you looking for some fancy and funny features.

I have though about that, I made so you WILL be able to use any old layout that exist now. :)
I got some lines in config.php that are specially made for bootstrap layout, but just ignore them when you use own layout.

Nice to hear! I am excited about your release if I have any useful ideas what could be implented I will post it here ! Thanks in advance

Ray

looks cool, znote was always a solid aac but the looks of it were horrible and probably stops people using znote over gesior. I think you should focus on making it all look smooth and not as weird as stock znote looks

Updated all arrays to the new array syntax that is introduced in PHP 5.4..
Yes, that means you will NEED php 5.4 in order to run this version..

For convert all the arrays, I used this: https://github.com/franzliedke/php-array-shortener

If you wonder what I mean, this is what is changed:
PHP:
array(
    'otland' => 'Cornex'
);

// Changed to

[
    'otland' => 'Cornex'
]

Back