• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Zombie Event not working

Sleet

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm using a automatic Zombie Event in my server (I can't post any links because it is from another forum)

Problem is that when I changed the server from Windows to Linux, the event stopped working.

What happens is that when the zombie attacks someone, that person is not teleported to the temple.

Besides that, when the zombie is spawned, the following error message shows up: [Monster::Monster] Unknown event name Zombie.

I use TFS 0.4 rev 3777

Thanks i advance for any help given.

Something that may help you. Linux doesn't like spaces in file names. For example if you have a lua file named: zombie event.lua

It would be good to change it too zombie_event.lua

It's pointless to hide your code as most of the people on this forum could not only make the same code but could probably make it better as-well.

Something that may help you. Linux doesn't like spaces in file names. For example if you have a lua file named: zombie event.lua

It would be good to change it too zombie_event.lua

It's pointless to hide your code as most of the people on this forum could not only make the same code but could probably make it better as-well.

It's not about hiding my code, I can show it if you ask me. But it is from another forum, so I believe I can't post it.

Thanks for the tip, gonna try that tomorrow.

Well I mean, if that other forum forbids their users from posting content in other forums then you should head there and ask for help, otherwise post the code here so we can help you.
We also have rules (support board rules) in this forum, which do specify you have to post the code if there's any.
5. Incomplete Problem Description:
- Post as much useful information as possible. If the problem is about something on your server, post the server version and client version. Also always post the errors you get and the scripts with the problems.

Most likely a problem with case sensitivity which is typical when you go from Windows to Linux.
[Monster::Monster] Unknown event name Zombie.
if this is the case you should be able to find <event name="Zombie"/> in your zombie monster file
change "Zombie" to "zombie"

Back