• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

AragonRPG Mapping Thread

I wouldn't advertise this to be honest. It showcases nothing and like hiperkarma pointed out, the effects are horrible and it includes basic spelling errors.

It's good that people are excited about the project, but have someone who knows what they're doing make the advertisements.

Its the first video made by a fan of course I'm going to show it off. To be honest, I could care less if its good or bad; its a memory for me. I didnt ask him to make it, and he messed up by saying USA Server and Commning soon. But he tried, he just wanted to help :) I give him respect, not insults to his work and saying the effects are horrible. Its basic graphics, oh well.. its also only the first video.

Thanks for the concern though ;D Its not really an advertisement, the guy just wanted to get people interested so he made a quick teaser.. all I can do is thank the guy.

Last edited:
I know this is a double post, but its been 24 hours so I figured I'd give the thread a bump with a new area Im starting to get some ideas.

I was thinking of making this castle another one or two floors in height to add more of an area for monsters and more of a castle feel.

barbariansh.png

This is the start of the barbarian camp, the barbarians are custom and for level 100+ (100-150), so I'm trying to do a special theme while still keeping an RPG feel with a nice structure. I havent added detail yet, but thats because I want some opinions first, should I add another floor?

Hopefully I can get some comments!

-Extrodus

Had some fun with beta testers, hopefully we can get some people on the test server to test out the new vocations!

Tycrain using the roof of one of the shops to join in on the fight at the house.
tycrainroofpk.png

New Vocations: Argonian (rookie), Warlock, Priest, Witch Doctor, Archer, Guard

Im spreading out the spells among the 3 mages to give a better variety of vocation choice and theme for the vocations.

No stories have been written yet, but pretty soon we'll have some amazing stories behind the vocations.

-Thanks for tuning in, and thanks for the 2,000 views; don't think I didn't notice!

Started working on a new training room, no details yet; I just watched some videos of the yalahar training room and put this together for a more RPG style.

How to enter -
templeenterance.png

Chillspot -
chillspot.png

Dummies -
trainingroom.png

Inspired from yalahar obviously, hope you enjoyed :)

Im looking for some talented mappers that will be able to map frequently with me. If theres any of you out there that have mainly an RPG style, than you could help the project alot. The main idea of you joining the team, is I dont want someone who doesnt know what to make or just sits around. I want you to have your own ideas, unique ones. Otherwise, you wont be on the team; Thanks, please Private Message if you think you can dedicate some of your time to the project. We need some unique styles!

Easter has ended but i still out of town, ill by back to my place at night.
And when i get back, Dragon spawns hue hue hue

Is anyone else interested in mapping with us and helping us develop story lines? Looking for some serious RPG mappers and scripters!

@Extrodus
Nice to see you are still mapping :) The minimap looks good, rest also not bad! Like to see more.

I really need some new mappers that have skype, the team right now has kind of shifted in different directions. So I'm asking any mappers out there that have a unique RPG style to please message me. It would be 250% better if you have skype, otherwise theres a 50% chance on you getting in. No offense, I just dont trust people I cant talk to; it all depends on the person and if they show me that I can trust them.

So requirements: Must use Skype, and you must have a unique RPG style and actually think about your architect before just throwing some random stuff down.

Hopefully we get some new people on the team!

I moved spawns around, starting to add rivers through out the map, trying to construct a story for the server before continuing to much with the map. I want everything to have a reason why its there so I can easily create a questline throughout the map. After all I want a begin to ending quest line where you follow a story unlike RL Tibia has ever done. So take a look, this is updated from today.

aragonground.png

I was also asked by a friend about the EXP rate and heres a little idea about how the server will be based:

What will the EXP rate be?

Pretty damn slow, think of it this way.. my monsters are going to have levels.. if your in a team, and kill a monster thats a higher level than you, you'll get bonus exp, and quests will give EXP too since the whole point of playing the server is the quest/story line.. it will be a from start to finish.. kind of like WoW, or that type. Its more of a story that your playing, finish the quests and figure it all out.. rather than, im the top level! haha, try to out level me! That effect will still be there, but once you complete the quest line, it will be slow leveling; youll just be using everything youve learned. LONG STORY SHORT, it will hopefully take people a good 2 weeks to get to level 100+, assuming they spend their time doing the quests to level up rather than just hunting random shiat.

EDIT:
Give a welcome to monsters with levels, the higher the level the more exp they will yield. I have yet to ask my scripter if its possible to make it so if you are a lower level than the creature, you can get bonus exp; but that will be soon to come! But I can definitely make the creatures look like they have levels, now its just the bonus exp part! Ill keep you guys updated, because once we have that in place.. the server is in motion. All thats left is the quest line, and then get ready for a top notch rpg server, nothing like tibia has ever seen!

leveledcreatures.png

Last edited:
Back