• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Codicia - Development Thread

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Codicia represents years of dedicated work, stemming from the lessons learned and extensive testing conducted on my previous server, GreedOT. Today marks the alpha stage launch of Codicia, featuring four accessible accounts: 111111/codicia, 222222/codicia, 333333/codicia, and 444444/codicia. Notably, the server is entirely in Spanish, with every message from the client and server meticulously translated, including the entire item list.

We've made The Forgotten Server 1.5 work with nekiro's downgrade for version 8.6, and we use mehah's otclient for logging in. This setup gives players a better experience than the basic 8.6 version. Plus, thanks to mehah's otclient, we can stop cheaters and bots from ruining the game.

Check out our website, https://codicia.net, for in-depth information about our content features like the object system, addon bonuses, main missions, killing tasks, and spellbook. You'll also see a big button to download our alpha-stage client. It's worth mentioning that Codicia has an Evolution-based map centered around a large, mysterious city.

1715326200345.png

This thread encourages alpha players to try out and interact with the various systems on our server. Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback here or on our server's Discord. Your input is essential for thoroughly testing the server before we launch it to the public.

Regards!

Last edited:
The whole thing looks pretty good, but this desert looks like it shines with emptiness just the same in some places.

The whole thing looks pretty good, but this desert looks like it shines with emptiness just the same in some places.
Thanks for the reply @SalvaART! Most of the map lies underground. The z:7 floor, situated at the top ground level, is roughly 60% the size of the z:10 floor. Additionally, the other underground floors are also quite large. I'm using your answers to help us understand Codicia's server features better. So, keep the questions coming, and I'll show you whatever you want to know about Codicia.

Here's a picture from z:12.
1715328001611.png

Or z:9 for example:
1715328059667.png

And z:14 here:
1715328103326.png

Regards!

Had a good alpha testing yesterday. I have updated the client with recent change requests:
  1. Reduced margin at inventory panel for "Artes (Skills), Lucha (Battle) and Nexos (VIP list)" .
  2. Correction of status conditions on the client. Now all conditions, such as poisoned, drunk, battle, etc. works properly.
  3. Removed switch between characters using CTRL + G to avoid errors loading in-game panels.
Here's the result for the inventory panel with the modifications.

1715420272483.png

We also take some server-side notes. For this, I did a big change on soul:
  • Change at souticks for non-promoted vocations. On real Tibia regular characters regenerate soul points at a rate of 1 soul point every 2 minutes, we changed this so regular characters will regenerate 1 soul point every 30 seconds.
  • Character's conditions such as poisoned, burning, etc. will be automatically removed onLogin if the player is on protection zone.
Our client is already updated and uploaded to the website. It is not a signed application so Microsoft Defender or other anti-malwares will probably set the application as suspicious file. For this I'll probably make a second mirror to the application, without compressing the encrypted otclient files in a single .exe file; probably, that won't make the anti-malware alert to appear.

That's all for the first day.
Regards!

Last edited:
Hi, here's some saturday testings recorded with OBS. I had to knock the rust off my hands to play Knight. We reviewed a few zones from the server, unfortunatelly I didn't record them all, but here's a 20 minute gameplay with the avaible accounts at the website. Anyone can play this characters, as I said before we're:

featuring four accessible accounts: 111111/codicia, 222222/codicia, 333333/codicia, and 444444/codicia​

So here's the video, you'll see a lot of systems that comes from otland. The most notable ones that I remember and can be seen on this video are:

TFS A* Algorithm | Monster Levels | Upgrade System | Transparency and Extended Sprites | Raid system rebuilt in LUA | Quiver | Football System | Show ammunition attack value | Multi-login on premium account | Extra potions/runes on kill | Automatic gold deposit

There's much more systems and content on the server. It would be incredible to be able to receive more questions about the server, and thus be able to add more information about it. That's all for the moment, thanks for watching, reading and playing.

Regards!

Back