• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dear Xinn, Mark, and the Open-Tibia community

omg they banned u?
tarek 1337 was one my favorite members in this communily i hope they change their mind
I would also kindly ask @Mark to reconsider @Tarek1337 ban. Everyone has been stirred up a bit during that whole discussion and some went over board. While your action was justified at that moment, I do really think that you should re-consider. @Tarek1337 has been a member of this community for a long time and was none of the bad guys, that's for sure. If anything consider adjusting the bans duration to a shorter period perhaps.

Kind regards,
Damon

Shit! I bought three packs of popcorn just to watch the thread, and it ends? Aff, unfair world.

It's all good. Just give me the popcorn :D

I would also kindly ask @Mark to reconsider @Tarek1337 ban. Everyone has been stirred up a bit during that whole discussion and some went over board. While your action was justified at that moment, I do really think that you should re-consider. @Tarek1337 has been a member of this community for a long time and was none of the bad guys, that's for sure. If anything consider adjusting the bans duration to a shorter period perhaps.

Kind regards,
Damon

@Tarek1337's ban was long overdue, he already had at least one active warning and many of his recent posts were completely off-topic, spam, and offensive (and I'm not referring to any of the posts that were directed to me). There is no good reason to reconsider the ban, so I assume you're posting that as his friend and not in an unbiased manner, because his behavior can not be justified.

@Tarek1337's ban was long overdue, he already had at least one active warning and many of his recent posts were completely off-topic, spam, and offensive (and I'm not referring to any of the posts that were directed to me). There is no good reason to reconsider the ban, so I assume you're posting that as his friend and not in an unbiased manner, because his behavior can not be justified.
If you had expected an unbiased statement regarding a ban of a friend of mine, you are right: You won't be getting that. It is my friends I step up for and I have my reasons to do so.
Nonetheless I am also able to evaluate the actions Tarek1337 has taken which I presumed had lead to the ban and from my POV what he was posting towards you was not crucial. This is the reason I asked you to re-consider. If he had done anything crucial like threatening someone, hacking or w.e. that would be another story but to the extent of my knowledge he has not. If you are saying he had already some warning stacked up then again that is another thing I wouldn't know.
As far as I am concerned I was stepping up as I considered the banishment to be a bit harsh if it was only for the post he made when was engaged in the discussion with you.

@Jo3Bingham
Always thought you're one of the normal ppl from Xeno.
Also special apology from Joswha would be welcomed because that shitstorm was probably started in his head.

If you had expected an unbiased statement regarding a ban of a friend of mine, you are right: You won't be getting that. It is my friends I step up for and I have my reasons to do so.
Nonetheless I am also able to evaluate the actions Tarek1337 has taken which I presumed had lead to the ban and from my POV what he was posting towards you was not crucial. This is the reason I asked you to re-consider. If he had done anything crucial like threatening someone, hacking or w.e. that would be another story but to the extent of my knowledge he has not. If you are saying he had already some warning stacked up then again that is another thing I wouldn't know.
As far as I am concerned I was stepping up as I considered the banishment to be a bit harsh if it was only for the post he made when was engaged in the discussion with you.
How long is Tareks ban?

Tarek's behaviour has not been very good, a lot of the times he post is just as @Mark say, off-topic, offensive or spam.
I like Tarek, nothing against him , but the low quality posts has been to much, it is all about trolling.
It is not to hes advantage to keep breaking the rules, by using a second account when hes main is banned, and then trying to get unbanned.

@Mark did the right call. To be fair, it would be nice to have seen a few more users that was on same level as Tarek get banned as well.

However, I hope to see him back soon with a better attitude towards the community, I know he is a nice person under the trollface. :)

How long is Tareks ban?

Tarek's behaviour has not been very good, a lot of the times he post is just as @Mark say, off-topic, offensive or spam.
I like Tarek, nothing against him , but the low quality posts has been to much, it is all about trolling.
It is not to hes advantage to keep breaking the rules, by using a second account when hes main is banned, and then trying to get unbanned.

@Mark did the right call. To be fair, it would be nice to have seen a few more users that was on same level as Tarek get banned as well.

However, I hope to see him back soon with a better attitude towards the community, I know he is a nice person under the trollface. :)
3 months.

Don't unban Tarek, he's a troll and he deserved his punishment.

jk bro i love pls unban my boyfriend

As for the rest of the Open-Tibia community, we are sorry for bringing this unnecessary drama to the community, and spreading false information. The Open-Tibia community is already small enough as it is. We don't need to be dividing what's left of it. Instead we should continue to keep it alive.

Thats is a professional behavior! Glad to see that some guys in Ox staff shows good will to solve problems in a mature way. Situations like this one should always be (exhaustively) discussed privately with the involved people first.
Even though some of your allegations may or may not be true, the way you presented it to the community was simply wrong, agressive and childish.

It takes humbleness to admit you messed up, and at least most of your staff gladly showed this now. Congratz for that :)

@Jo3Bingham
Always thought you're one of the normal ppl from Xeno.
Also special apology from Joswha would be welcomed because that shitstorm was probably started in his head.

Totally agree.

good attitude of a great manager , congratulate OX staff to recognize errors and understand all guidelines OTServ List, Good luck my friend

Thread is exhausted. Stop spamming, moderators should close this one.

I have regained respect for OX team except Joshwa.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Back