• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Dear Xinn, Mark, and the Open-Tibia community

A lie repeated a thousand times becomes the truth

Dear @Jo3Bingham,

First of all I'm sorry that I post it several days after apologies. I simply didn't want to waste any additional hour from my vacation time on that drama which you guys started.

I'm glad you had a courage to post apologies and thank you for that however, I don't buy it. If you wanted to make it right, you should not only post it here on Otland, where people already knew the truth, but also on other mediums where the OX Staff wrote that lies which includes your forum, facebook and twitter. Instead I can still see on OX's Facebook a post where you accuse me about all that things. It just looks like another manipulation by you, you don't want to look like a lier in the eyes of your players, however by apologizing here you get some respect from people who already knew the truth and wanted the end of that drama.

Anyway, I know that i will disappoint some people who thought that I will just accept apologies and move on but... You can't expect me to forget about what your team have done and forgive you. Your actions costed me a lot of image and the whole vacation day where instead of spending a time with my wife and kids I had to cancel our plans for that day and sit in front of a laptop writing the statement and answering all the questions. You can't just write whatever you want to and think that when you say sorry it will be just fine. No my friend. It's not going to be just fine.

Dear @Jo3Bingham,

First of all I'm sorry that I post it several days after apologies. I simply didn't want to waste any additional hour from my vacation time on that drama which you guys started.

I'm glad you had a courage to post apologies and thank you for that however, I don't buy it. If you wanted to make it right, you should not only post it here on Otland, where people already knew the truth, but also on other mediums where the OX Staff wrote that lies which includes your forum, facebook and twitter. Instead I can still see on OX's Facebook a post where you accuse me about all that things. It just looks like another manipulation by you, you don't want to look like a lier in the eyes of your players, however by apologizing here you get some respect from people who already knew the truth and wanted the end of that drama.

Anyway, I know that i will disappoint some people who thought that I will just accept apologies and move on but... You can't expect me to forget about what your team have done and forgive you. Your actions costed me a lot of image and the whole vacation day where instead of spending a time with my wife and kids I had to cancel our plans for that day and sit in front of a laptop writing the statement and answering all the questions. You can't just write whatever you want to and think that when you say sorry it will be just fine. No my friend. It's not going to be just fine.

Thanks for that!
That was exactly what I was thinking about. In my eyes it looks like an forced apologies due to the fact they are trapped like a rabbit :)
For me they don't deserve unban anytime..

Dear @Jo3Bingham,

Did you actually cancel plans with your wife and kids to write on OTland?

220px-Roflcopter.gif
Hey how you make that ROLF COPTER?

@seba2632:
I had to. If I didn't post the same day the rumours would spread even more. It's pure damage control. Maintaining a big community is a huge responsibility. People tends to believe you without checking the facts. You have to be careful what you say and when you say it. That's why I had to react as fast as possible. OX staff are intelligent people, that's why I believe it's their game to get a publicity. They just didn't know it would backfire so horrible on them.

@seba2632:
I had to. If I didn't post the same day the rumours would spread even more. It's pure damage control. Maintaining a big community is a huge responsibility. People tends to believe you without checking the facts. You have to be careful what you say and when you say it. That's why I had to react as fast as possible. OX staff are intelligent people, that's why I believe it's their game to get a publicity. They just didn't know it would backfire so horrible on them.

That's true, if you don't stop the rumors quickly, everyone will think the rumors are true.. even if they don't match up..
There used to be rumors of me scamming people, spreading viruses and stuffs.. everyone believed them even thou there was not a single evidence of anyone getting hacked or scammed by me.

@seba2632
It's a serious business involving real money transactions. How would you react if someone was spreading false information about your brand?

@xinn

Sorry you had to take time from your vacation to deal with this. Like I said in my original post, we know that the damage is done and there's no taking it back. You have every right not to accept our apology, nor unban us. If @Mark, or a moderator, would like to delete Josh's original thread that would be great. I'm surprised it wasn't already. As for the social media posts, I honestly had no idea they were there. I don't have access to the social media accounts, nor do I check them. We already removed it from our forums, but I will personally make sure the other posts are removed.

@xinn

Sorry you had to take time from your vacation to deal with this. Like I said in my original post, we know that the damage is done and there's no taking it back. You have every right not to accept our apology, nor unban us. If @Mark, or a moderator, would like to delete Josh's original thread that would be great. I'm surprised it wasn't already. As for the social media posts, I honestly had no idea they were there. I don't have access to the social media accounts, nor do I check them. We already removed it from our forums, but I will personally make sure the other posts are removed.

Honestly, I think the thread should stay. It shows how cowardly Josh is to sit there and write the post but doesn't have the balls to come back and apologise.

I also think the thread should stay, it provides context to the other threads, and the apology was also below my expectations (as stated here: https://otland.net/threads/book-of-lies-joshwas-cynical-game.243951/page-3#post-2370054, I expected the apology to be posted on their forum, it would also be nice if Joshwa posted it himself since he stirred this shit up and said he would never apologize), and we don't just sweep stuff under the rug ;). I'll leave that decision to @xinn though since it's the otservlist board.

Personally, I would have also wished to see the apology to appear a bit more "honest" and needlessly to say it should be posted on ox and xeno forums aswell. Basically everywhere, where that bull has been spread.
The damage has been done, and while apologizing is the right step to take, you should've put a bit more effort into it to make us trully believe not only the rest of ox team, but also Joshwa feels honest about this apology.

But then again some apologies are not meant to be true&honest.

This meme is not directed towards anyone in specific, however it states very well how I often
feel about apologies issued shortly after that person had gone and said some bull.
i-do-not-accept-your-apology-feggit_gp_3360873.jpg

I also think the thread should stay, it provides context to the other threads, and the apology was also below my expectations (as stated here: https://otland.net/threads/book-of-lies-joshwas-cynical-game.243951/page-3#post-2370054, I expected the apology to be posted on their forum, it would also be nice if Joshwa posted it himself since he stirred this shit up and said he would never apologize), and we don't just sweep stuff under the rug ;). I'll leave that decision to @xinn though since it's the otservlist board.
hi admin

Back