• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres was a 8.0 deathzot online for 2 hours called test. i went in got to edrona and I went to the place where the t5 legs were hidden.Not there anymore. guess there might be competition coming soon :D or atleast gap fillers til dzotv2 comes out <3

all i know is that they have lost a bit of money so far with it taking so long. i had money aside to donate with, but ended up spending it on D3 Ros because i was so god damn bored. been a couple weeks now, had a little more in reserve for Zot, and spent it now on world of warcraft shit.. so there is $100 that i wanted to put on zot gone already. and i dont know how much more money i will spend on stupid shit when i dont have much of anything to spend anyways. Games = stupid shit. Dzot included to me. at least, stupid spending when its needed IRL more. so its their loss. even having more betas would have probably kept me from spending it on shit i now regret already.

i donated around 300$ on bitzot, how much more are you looking for? #Shawn / Jake i can probably fix more

o_O a dzot 8.0 test was on :eek: lmao, but besides that just read weapons wont really be messed with and i guess ill also be in competition with obamanizer since i like clubs the most in tibia anyways, swords are too mainstream and it was hipster to be an axer

Imagine playing the game and every time you play it's always this same 5x5 champs - it would get kind of boring, don't you think?

SHENANS just read that, you pretty much do play with the same god damn champs everygame, and that is why i hate the lcs and high skilled streamers pretty much showing the current meta and everyone loves to stick to it and its sooooooooo annoying

thats why you are a botter and would like to do as you did on dzot first fishing?
Excuse me?
Are you confusing me with somebody else maybe?
I have never played Deathzot i only played on XDC and i have not used bot on tibia since 2009~.
I would like better manual play so people who only can have energy to level 5-10 hrs max a day don't lose to a botter who can watch movies and just tab back to the game after 30 min~ and answer the question thing :p

Dlite99 I don't agree with a lot of stuff you say for a few reasons.

1. Randomization helps keep things interesting. Let's use League of Legends for example: people play thousands of games on 5x5 and don't get bored, why? Because every game is always something different (theres millions of different team combinations). Imagine playing the game and every time you play it's always this same 5x5 champs - it would get kind of boring, don't you think?
2. Another example would be real map servers or evolutions. They're boring because it's always the same thing with no variety. In real maps you do the same thing every time you play them. And with evolution servers it's always about getting the level so you can hunt in the next teleport.

Linear progression without any randomization or 'chance' is very boring and promotes stale gameplay. The idea Flatlander had about fishing was very good because it provides some kind of variation, rather than always knowing the exact outcome. The fishing system is being reworked because it was boring (after the removal of bosses).

Yah ok but lets say this, if you use random events to different people. people will progress slower or faster then others.
People who are compedetive will get pissed off if they get shit quests insted of the good once (because lets face it, random isn't allways good)
For example the new Diablo 3.
I have played 200 hrs on a character and a friend only 100.
Just because of his luck he got about 35% more DPS then me, for me thats a fucking nut sack kick :p
People should be awarded for dedication and not being into the random bullshit of levling atleast :p
Drop will always be lucky and such on tibia, no doubt.
But it quest's becomes the same, some people might end up with a bad day.
Such for example of there are 3 different quests.
One is Cyclops, One is dragons and another is mino's (just picking random shied here)
If everyone is lvl 35~ on rl tibia lets say. You WILL level faster on dragons.
And the guy who got mino's is gonna be pretty annoyed when looking into what other people get.
Its a human pshycy to not enjoy random things that can go bad.
But if you want a player to go into the random-ness of quests because he is bored. Then do so.
Linear is needed for consistant fair play.
Such as a "Rift" to random dungeons and such would not be bad, because people will know its random.
But making quests that give great award if you get the good once is just a little unfair to those with bad luck.
And remember, i have not yet had bad luck in this, i am just speaking of what people THINK when gaming.

And League of legends is only big because they have friends to play with.
It became big because of easy usage and then implementing retarded OP champions that people played and told themselfs "i am pro" (haha).
And also because if you fuck up on LoL its just an avg of 30 min games. nothing to bad like not finding your gear in a weekly raid on wow :p

As my last point, Random is good AND bad.
There should be main quests ofcourse, that gives everyone the same amount of awesomeness.
Then if you don't feel like doing one of em, go on side quests. or hit up a random killing quest for fun.
But i rather feel that the hunting skill from XDC server was fucking AMAZING.
The reward for random quests should be something you can do for things you can only get from other random quests :)
Lets say 100 wolfs on low lvl. you get 1 token. and 200 dl's on higher lvl is also 1 token. (this is just random numbers, i don't know the enemy strengths nor characters strength on this server)
But with the tokens you can buy things such as certain deco/mounts etc :p for those who want's more stuff then just gear and levels.
That makes the Random quest's fair.
But i know you are about to say "but then its not really random".
But if you want random, pop up rifts. *caugh that you need to buy with tokens from random quests caugh*.
Then its completely fucking random all of it xP
And the entertaining part for a random quest is not as high as fighting for something you really want :p
But making random things to GET what you want, now there is a good idea :p

theres was a 8.0 deathzot online for 2 hours called test. i went in got to edrona and I went to the place where the t5 legs were hidden.Not there anymore. guess there might be competition coming soon :D or atleast gap fillers til dzotv2 comes out <3
Where is this 8.0 dzot

Its off now. idk when or if it will be on again. played for 2 hours then he said he will work on smth and its off again. uptime 30% on otland so well idk. might just be a test until someone releases it ? idk where he got the datas from tho. beside death and synth no one should have the dats

Lol funny thing is.....went to log on bitzot since I haven't played any tibia, and I guess that was finally turned off also haha

Its been 3 weeks since last beta, will be 4 weeks come friday, doesnt it feel like time for another run of tests? its a really long time between.

Its been 3 weeks since last beta, will be 4 weeks come friday, doesnt it feel like time for another run of tests? its a really long time between.
I'm feeling the same way. Just unfortunately I doubt it will happen

burnhearth.servegame.com . Client:10.37 . feel free to join us and kill time ? :)

There will not be another test as the server is being prepared for release. The inital test helped us get an idea on how the damage + reduction formulas will work and now that we have that we're just planning the rest of the gameplay.

There will not be another test as the server is being prepared for release. The inital test helped us get an idea on how the damage + reduction formulas will work and now that we have that we're just planning the rest of the gameplay.
Oh well nice to hear, I think I speak for all of us when I say we probably figured the server wasn't quite being prepared to be launched yet

Oh well nice to hear, I think I speak for all of us when I say we probably figured the server wasn't quite being prepared to be launched yet

idk what i got from that is the server is closer to being done and there finishing up things but maybe im just being an optimist lol

i cant help but get that HeartlessX feels when i read that. Granted i know for a fact the server will actually come out, Butttttt.... i think we can all assume it sounds to good to be true and will still really be a long while before its ready.

Good Luck Jake & Shawn with the rest of the production of the ot! Me and my bro will be waiting for your release!

I'll admit, the old blasted lands in V1 was half-assed and was extremely boring. I wanted to go back to how the original Blasted Lands was by introducing a big open area with tons of areas to explore. The new Blasted Lands has a lot to explore + a lot of hidden quests to solve and figure out.

Here's a sneak preview:

JUS2075.png
Wdbmxmr.png

nGU7Jm5.png
WjqLdmk.png

ILamS4j.png
zrbI9Fr.png

ibFPjCA.png
HnxFsb1.png

I'm assuming since you didn't like the point and click leveling in blands, you changed the point and click leveling in pandora by adding an actual thornback spawn below normal tortoises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back