• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandora turtles are still exactly as they were in V1. Blasted Lands was changed because it was extremely boring and it was an absolute grindfest to get out of.

DeathZot Mall Preview:

One thing Xagul and I liked about the Pokemon servers was the "PvP Area".
It was a great idea to connect all towns so people could quickly meet up and trade pokemon.

We wanted to introduce that same idea to DeathZot. We decided to make the "Mall" an area where people can:
sit around, trade, do party quests, shop at NPCs, train, craft runic starstones, play dice, and duel each other in the PvP Arena.
We hope to create the "ultimate" go to spot where everyone can hang around.
This should also help new players find people who are willing to help them.

Tt5Cv6o.png

WppbF1r.png

LRemLxW.png[IMG]

0NKVoFX.png

MbhyfJi.png

jsOF0qt.png

Last edited:
I think u should do something about skills. Make it more fun and more useful if u actually skilled. It would give people something to do and look forward to, I know I always like skilling before lvling on any ot :D

Skills were always useful on DeathZot V1. Every vocation gained sword fighting (weaponry) at the same rate and equipment added sword fighting (weaponry). In V1, 1 skill was equal to 1% extra damage. It's going to work the same way here.

A Question for you @Synthetic_.
Is the spells sort of the same as on XDC?
That you can level them when you use them?

No because each vocation only has 3-4 spells, whereas on XDC anyone can use any spell.

Ok, cheers.
Just had to ask as i recognize alot of the spells.
Is there any calculated time for this to be out?
Sort of like 3-4 months?
Or is it completely up to when you feel like its done? :)

I'll admit, the old blasted lands in V1 was half-assed and was extremely boring. I wanted to go back to how the original Blasted Lands was by introducing a big open area with tons of areas to explore. The new Blasted Lands has a lot to explore + a lot of hidden quests to solve and figure out.

Here's a sneak preview:

JUS2075.png
Wdbmxmr.png

nGU7Jm5.png
WjqLdmk.png

ILamS4j.png
zrbI9Fr.png

ibFPjCA.png
HnxFsb1.png
Actually love that you changed this was soo annoying.. Server looks so fun cant wait to try it!

i like the new island but at the same time it looks like its less monsters? so hows that going to work with a crowded server
Here's a comparison of the minimap. There's also a lot more hunting areas above the ground level, whereas the old map only had hunting spawns beneath it.

Old:
rPkeVEu.png

New:
ZujWup1.png

Its looking amazing :O Good job guys. The mall idea is actually really cool, keep up the great work

@Synthetic_ have you guys figured out a way to stop people from tossing items on top of your ruinic starstones? i remember in v1 people used to do that before a server clean or while u were in the middle so you couldnt craft them... and also have you guys made it so that the altars dont clean anymore on a clean? that was always an annoying feature when the altar would clean and you would lose like 1000+ starstones

so far so good, other then the crafting place, i hope theres more then only two alts

@Synthetic_ have you guys figured out a way to stop people from tossing items on top of your ruinic starstones? i remember in v1 people used to do that before a server clean or while u were in the middle so you couldnt craft them... and also have you guys made it so that the altars dont clean anymore on a clean? that was always an annoying feature when the altar would clean and you would lose like 1000+ starstones
You can no longer place items on the alter unless you're in front of them, they don't clean, and you can continue to use the lever even if an item is blocking the starstone. This means you can continuously pull the lever as long as there are starstones somewhere on the stack.

@Synthetic_ Jake, any chance you can add the weapons to the enchantments and weapons thing on the first page, let us see them?
I decided not to display the equipment or the weapons because I feel it will be more exciting to see them as people get them.

This is looking badass tbh, i wonder how the party quests are going to be :eek: and i read a post of yours awhile back about the 9 vocs being released youll have to be premium to create another char for the first two weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back