• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few have north of 500, Shadowcores has 1.5k alone.
Sorry but shadowcores is more of a Preview RL tibia server. It's so close to RL tibia it's basically a new world lmao

Fully Custom servers dont hit 500 people because they almost never have the infrastructure to handle even more than 150 and have people still be happy. Deathzot 8.6 V1 didnt really have enough ground to make even 70 active people not feel crowded to all hell, and 70 is probably being generous. V2 looks like some large map scale improvements but the infrastructure will still not likely break a soft cap of 140 players online. because that would require everything from the starting 0-200 zone to the 15k+ areas having double or triple the sqm they are now. and at the start that would feel like supermassive overkill, but its a better option than running into a wall where u have to many players and not enough space thus resulting in anger, and people leaving.

Also, Deathzot is known for having its scumbags who will chase off other people and completely make them quit, even new players who only been playing a week or two, these players Dont come back. and as a result, a slow decline in playercount also happens.

it takes allot to make a custom server have the potential to hold big online numbers, Deathzot has the features, but i feel lacks the spawns for huge online count. ( not saying its spawns are small, they are nice ) and the asshat community is what will keep it from being massive, but i still predict it will be large.

Fully Custom servers dont hit 500 people because they almost never have the infrastructure to handle even more than 150 and have people still be happy. Deathzot 8.6 V1 didnt really have enough ground to make even 70 active people not feel crowded to all hell, and 70 is probably being generous. V2 looks like some large map scale improvements but the infrastructure will still not likely break a soft cap of 140 players online. because that would require everything from the starting 0-200 zone to the 15k+ areas having double or triple the sqm they are now. and at the start that would feel like supermassive overkill, but its a better option than running into a wall where u have to many players and not enough space thus resulting in anger, and people leaving.

Also, Deathzot is known for having its scumbags who will chase off other people and completely make them quit, even new players who only been playing a week or two, these players Dont come back. and as a result, a slow decline in playercount also happens.

it takes allot to make a custom server have the potential to hold big online numbers, Deathzot has the features, but i feel lacks the spawns for huge online count. ( not saying its spawns are small, they are nice ) and the asshat community is what will keep it from being massive, but i still predict it will be large.
I'm just hoping there more active people to trade with then on deathzot v1, but that is a lot of people I like around 100 people

@Synthetic_ and @Xagul, guys, I was just thinking, I hope one of the other vocations which hasn't been released is a distance user. At the moment archers won't get the same skills bonus that other vocations will.

E.g. a warrior rebirths to a barbarian, still using the same melee, if he gets another 100 skills then thats another 100% weapon damage. If an archer rebirths to anything other than an archer again then he won't get that weapon damage bonus from skills.

Just some food for though.

Cheers

I'm just hoping there more active people to trade with then on deathzot v1, but that is a lot of people I like around 100 people
Then, you as a player needs to help build that community, and strike down evil where it rises and help those who want to enjoy the server. ( cause that wasnt corny at all.... but still true )

Then, you as a player needs to help build that community, and strike down evil where it rises and help those who want to enjoy the server. ( cause that wasnt corny at all.... but still true )
lol how am i goin to help people stay active? wait i know mcing!!

you help them bye making sure there isnt a reason for them to leave. if they are getting killed or farmed unjustifiably, Crush down said criminal. If they are asking questions in help or general chat, speak up.

Bullying is going to be a huge problem on V2 since there is NO FRAG LIMIT. so little douchebags who are just bored will go on rampages, and will result in people who are just trying to have fun getting really annoyed/pissed off, and quitting.

you help them bye making sure there isnt a reason for them to leave. if they are getting killed or farmed unjustifiably, Crush down said criminal. If they are asking questions in help or general chat, speak up.

Bullying is going to be a huge problem on V2 since there is NO FRAG LIMIT. so little douchebags who are just bored will go on rampages, and will result in people who are just trying to have fun getting really annoyed/pissed off, and quitting.
i always gave starters eq on deathzot v1 lol

Well when I'm feeling like a douchebag I'll be hunting down the opposing team haha not random people who aren't part of the war

It

ain't that there terrible, just us custom players don't like them cause we're deathzot junkys
I'm not obsessed with deathzot, I wasn't blown away by it. But it definitely is one of the better servers coming. Every server made now a days is either a rl map, with very little editing done too it or just nothing.

I'm not obsessed with deathzot, I wasn't blown away by it. But it definitely is one of the better servers coming. Every server made now a days is either a rl map, with very little editing done too it or just nothing.
i know this lol

@Synthetic_ and @Xagul, guys, I was just thinking, I hope one of the other vocations which hasn't been released is a distance user. At the moment archers won't get the same skills bonus that other vocations will.

E.g. a warrior rebirths to a barbarian, still using the same melee, if he gets another 100 skills then thats another 100% weapon damage. If an archer rebirths to anything other than an archer again then he won't get that weapon damage bonus from skills.

Just some food for though.

Cheers
There is another 'archer' themed vocations in the works that has something unique about it.

If you guys put you expectations too high, you will never enjoy it. Just expect for a real tibia map :)
Well can't really have to high of expectations since we don't know what to really expect other than what we seen in beta. Everybody knows it's going to be good, it won't be custom like Necronia and shit where everyone has expectations so huge it's unbelievable. But I know what you mean

Ok so I decided that my recent addition to deathzot is very important and thus warrants an announcement to you all. No longer will you kill yourself trying to buy decorations from the npc again, the new furniture npc decided to finally organize her inventory for trade!

onpCDNa.jpg

Ok so I decided that my recent addition to deathzot is very important and thus warrants an announcement to you all. No longer will you kill yourself trying to buy decorations from the npc again, the new furniture npc decided to finally organize her inventory for trade!

onpCDNa.jpg
Nice to see some updates hated going through that mess.

onpCDNa.jpg
fucking pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back