• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Estonia] Whi World Beta 0.1.5.8 [Client 10.77][new content!]

Are you going to try this server?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel good about that tomorrow I update server again.

That should make the early game smoother and better.
After the tomorrows update. Next update should already be the new content :D (which happens about in 2weeks)

I know this has been quite long time before I updated my server with new content.
But I have some crazy scripts now, with what I can speed up content releasing ~5 times faster than before.

Im reaching closer to the point where my 1 hour of scripting is worth 2 hours of real time cool playable content. (only 7 more patches to go)

Anyway, I hope to see new players and old players to check out my server again and give me feedback.
Also this is good time to get the hang of my server, because next update is going to have new challenges.

server is updated.
Didn't make new Patch notes because of them, because simply added just some minor early game changes.
You can read all about it in the homepage though. added few more lines to the original Patch notes.
http://whiworld.com/index.php

A little heads-up.

Patch 0.1.3.2 will be released in few days (1-3 days)
Thanks to new players, more bugs and balanced fixes have been found.
There is enough of them to make patch about them.

Loot is going to be dropped a little differently than before.
Example1:
Before:
Big Daddy had 30% chance to drop 1-10 gold.
Now:
Big Daddy has 100% chance to drop 1-3 gold.
Big Daddy has 50% chance to drop 1-2 gold.
Big Daddy has 25% chance to drop 1-5 gold.

Example2:
Before:
Big Daddy has 8% chance to drop 1-5 T1 Upgrade Stone.
Now:
Big Daddy has 8% chance to drop 1 T1 Upgrade Stone.

List of similar loot changes goes on and nerf to food drop chance from bosses.
But this new way of loot distributing will make the reward feel much more FAT. You always get something.

Other than that,
going to play with friends today, feel free to tag along. Plan is to complete current content quests and bosses and then some brainstorming, what new items and build direction and spells should be added to game on next patch. (yes path 0.1.4 is closing in, maybe even launch on next week)

BTW:
I got new interesting section on my Main thread: IN THE GAME
Not sure should i move the text to this advertizing thread instead or on webpage? (although webpage might get new update soon, when its not hard to make new type of news feed for Znote AAC)

A little heads-up.

Patch 0.1.3.2 will be released in few days (1-3 days)
Thanks to new players, more bugs and balanced fixes have been found.
There is enough of them to make patch about them.

Loot is going to be dropped a little differently than before.
Example1:
Before:
Big Daddy had 30% chance to drop 1-10 gold.
Now:
Big Daddy has 100% chance to drop 1-3 gold.
Big Daddy has 50% chance to drop 1-2 gold.
Big Daddy has 25% chance to drop 1-5 gold.

Example2:
Before:
Big Daddy has 8% chance to drop 1-5 T1 Upgrade Stone.
Now:

List of similar loot changes goes on and nerf to food drop chance from bosses.
But this new way of loot distributing will make the reward feel much more FAT. You always get something.

Other than that,
going to play with friends today, feel free to tag along. Plan is to complete current content quests and bosses and then some brainstorming, what new items and build direction and spells should be added to game on next patch. (yes path 0.1.4 is closing in, maybe even launch on next week)

BTW:
I got new interesting section on my Main thread: IN THE GAME
Not sure should i move the text to this advertizing thread instead or on webpage? (although webpage might get new update soon, when its not hard to make new type of news feed for Znote AAC)

So its 5x chances at 8% to loot a upgrade stone.. so in other words it's like 40% chance to loot 1 stone.
in other words what im trying to say its best to just set the stone to 40% instead of having 5x the same line at 8% chance.

So its 5x chances at 8% to loot a upgrade stone.. so in other words it's like 40% chance to loot 1 stone.
in other words what im trying to say its best to just set the stone to 40% instead of having 5x the same line at 8% chance.
Haha but you missed something!
If you set the stone for 40% then you would only get 1 stone, but this way if you are really lucky you have a chance of getting 5 of them.
I'm guessing that's the point of having 5 lines with 8% chances so that you have a chance to get more than 1.

Haha but you missed something!
If you set the stone for 40% then you would only get 1 stone, but this way if you are really lucky you have a chance of getting 5 of them.
I'm guessing that's the point of having 5 lines with 8% chances so that you have a chance to get more than 1.
But then thats the same as doing 8% and a chance of getting 1-5

But then thats the same as doing 8% and a chance of getting 1-5
Actually it's not :p
With the 8% chance to get 1-5 that means it doesn't matter how many you get it's still an 8% chance to at least get 1.
If you have it so there are 5 sets of 8% then that means you have a total of 40% chance to get 1 instead of 8.
Bottom line is that you'll have a better chance of getting a stone when there are 5 lines with 8% chance rather than the one line of 8%.

@RosOT @Zasranets

With 8% chance to grab 1-5 stones you have 1,6% chance to drop 1, 1,6% to 2, ..., 1,6% to drop 5. With five 8% chances to drop 1 you have ~34% chance to drop at least one, and 0,00032768% chance to drop 5 at the same time. Where did you guys take your numbers from?

@Zasranets You may get lucky and find five at one time then not find any for awhile. The way it works is randomly picks a number from 1 to 100000 and if its say 8% then if then number is less than 8000 then drops a stone. And it does that for every single stone. The odds of getting 1 stone at 8%each is 1 out of 12.5, 2 stones 1 out of 156, 3 stones 1 out of 1953 and so on. Where as at 40% for 1 stone, the chance of getting a stone is 1 out of 2.5 So you're more likely to get more stones with the 40% way. Sure it would be a lot more exciting to find 5 stones at a time, but the chances are 1 in 305176

@Zasranets You may get lucky and find five at one time then not find any for awhile. The way it works is randomly picks a number from 1 to 100000 and if its say 8% then if then number is less than 8000 then drops a stone. And it does that for every single stone. The odds of getting 1 stone at 8%each is 1 out of 12.5, 2 stones 1 out of 156, 3 stones 1 out of 1953 and so on. Where as at 40% for 1 stone, the chance of getting a stone is 1 out of 2.5 So you're more likely to get more stones with the 40% way. Sure it would be a lot more exciting to find 5 stones at a time, but the chances are 1 in 305176
Well said and where I was heading but gave up to explain it :)

Ahh I see well I know nothing about script so I guess that's why I was wrong lol.
I was taking a more logical approach.

>Patch 0.1.3.4 Notes<

This patch is big one, new content and all :D
Starting from now, I will patch server At least once per week until patch 0.1.5 is out.

Race between Scripeter and players is on :D

I'm stuck, can you help me out? I'm the only one online there
well I was eating xD
What was the problem?

EDIT:
Ah yes, my fail.
I forgot to add the tutorial spell under dynamical storage Values list.
I created external path around it for now.

Last edited:
Server is down? just loads a char list forever for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom