• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Kingdom Age] BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol regardless of it being Beta, Alpha or w/e. I found this server to be real boring to start.. Didn't even mind all the restarts, lag and crashes, but even then I couldn't find myself playing past 10minutes.

I think exp rate should stay like it was when it is officially released, for the beta time it is good to increase it.
The first levels seemed slow, however it should work when you got 10 points to start with.

@Eternal
what do you suggest make it a better start, did you tryed out READING! what the first quest was about? and did you knew you could lvl to 8 so easly?

The owner seems like a cunt to me :3 probably leave it on a few weeks and reset it to earn donors under a new name. enjoy your stay guys I wont bother myself.

The owner seems like a cunt to me :3 probably leave it on a few weeks and reset it to earn donors under a new name. enjoy your stay guys I wont bother myself.
Sure, but you can say that about every OT and if he would ruin his reputation once, nobody would play anymore.
I don't know if you realize it, but EVERYONE will recognize Kingdom Age even if it is called "Super Mega War 9999x".

Edit:
Goblins might be a bit fast, or my speed is bugged.

Sorry but this is wrong. Everyone knows KA for a long time, this isnt the usual 999 rl server that you see out there, and River is also a name that we know from the old times of KA.

Good to see so many bugs being fixed already, the wall walking one seemed pretty bad :p

Who came up with idea to start with 10 points and receive 1 per level? You won't be ever able to kill stronger monsters, nor ever feel powerful. Since you will be able to cap only 1 attribute and if you cap it, that means ONLY one attribute and if you split to more, then you will be very weak.

Just remove the cap entirely, or as it was already suggested make cap increase 5 by level and you definitely need to add more attribute points per level.
People seek power, not weakness..

And starter wand has too inconsistent damage, please stabilize it somehow.

Yes, we need the attribute cap to be much higher, we cant play the early levels with only 1 STR, INT etc. Its just too damn boring to kill those bugs at level 1 hitting 2, 3 with a 25atk weapon.

Please River, read this suggestion:
On the old KA, I think we were able to put points into attributes to a cap of 40 or 50 until we reached a high enough level to increase the cap. I think this is a very good system.

If you could implement something similar, it would help GREATLY to make the gameplay more fluid.

-Attribute Cap / Experience Level
30 / 30
60 / 60
90 / 90

I guess the perfect option would be to cap be set to 5 at the beginning and increase by static value, let's say 5, by every level. So you could see some variety in builds, such as going only 2 attributes

That would work too.

The extra exp on the introduction "tasks" is great to help the early levels go faster. When you get 8, you are strong enough to face bugs easily at least lol.

Last edited:
People, about the low level hunting to get level 8: Eragnor (the temple guy) now give you 75% of level. So, to make this works fine, you should make another character. Sorry about that.

And about the attributes is by this way now:

Attribute Gains:
LvL 1~10 = 1 point per level
LvL 11~20 = 2 points per level
LvL 21~30 = 3 points per level
LvL 31~40 = 4 points per level
LvL 41~50 = 5 points per level
LvL 51~60 = 6 points per level
LvL 61~70 = 7 points per level
LvL 71~80 = 8 points per level
LvL 81~90 = 9 points per level
LvL 91~100 = 10 points per level
etc.

Attribute Payments:
LvL 1~25 = costs 1 point
LvL 26~50 = costs 2 points
LvL 51~75 = costs 3 points
LvL 75~100 = costs 4 points
etc.

So now you can see that's harder just into the low levels, huh?
For this, I Putted a experience rate of 5x for you guys play BETA having fun.
Please, we need players to test. And report all bugs that you see to the online support members (get the link on our website) or on the Bug Tracker of the site.

Thanks a lot for helping us.

Regards,
River.

For all new players do introduction quests, they seriously help.

If you are stuck ingame and need english support - i can help you.
Rather than hunting bugs when you start, go north of temple and there is a hole just under the shops/buildings with rats.
Also you can go to the bear cave south of the city for easier and less busy spawns.

But i recommend trying the introduction quests to get a little exp and the know how.

regards

well the point here is to play on teams :/

[Fixed] Loot of Carrion Worm
[Fixed] First weapons range for archers and mages
[Fixed] Rope spots
[Fixed] NPCs
[Fixed] Attribute and Reborn Potion
[Fixed] Special movement of character (players could walk on walls)
[Fixed] Troll cave
[Fixed] Now Introduction quests gives you 75% of each one level
[Fixed] Removed learner set on sellable places
[Fixed] Removed platinum coin of new characters
[Fixed] Client bug
[Fixed] Introduction quest
[Fixed] Hunting services quest
[Fixed] Critical
[Fixed] Creating 2 bodys when you die, sometimes
[Working] People can enter on the same depot

Regards,
River.

Have you tried fixing the bug which sometimes makes a monster appear doubled on your screen and sometimes invisible?

[Fixed] Client bug

Yes. I think it should works now.

Regards,
River.

Fix that you can't buy more than 1 items.
There's a splash effect in the water. (can't explain where since you're not answering ingame. Been trying for hours. )

What do you mean with buy only one item?
I can buy 100x bolt and it works fine.

Sometimes when you select 100x of a item, it only gives you 1.
Not all NPCs tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back