• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Loading Map as CipSoft does

kito2

www.masteria.net
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Something has been on my mind during the last days and it is:
Is possible to load the entire map by parts as CipSoft does? Then answer is YES!
I mean, having a huge blank map with the real size (I think it is 34k x 34k) and then start loading using the function at startup (globalevents):
Code:
Game.loadMap('data/world/Tibia_Map_Name.otbm')

I think it should be better for several reasons (as features):
  • It would be possible to do map zone refreshs as CipSoft does (on live).
  • Editing zones on live and then load them, like /reload map Tibia_Map_Name.otbm (would be easy to do this command)
  • When someone has an upadtes just have to upload the file which has a new zone.
  • Would be easier to share our upgrades on respective cities.
  • Also would be possible to have special zones by time condition, I mean if it is christmas, having redecored cities.
  • Not loading the entire map in order to edit it (less memory ussage on RME).
  • If you make a mistake, it won't affect the entire map.
  • Saving map by map SQM on a shutdown, in a possible way to not clean zones and caves as CipSoft does (for example I have left a backpack with supplies hidden on a cave and stood there for around 2 weeks till I used them all).
  • Using random generator could be possible to create random zones map /dungeons and save them (check notes).
  • And maybe a lot of features more.

Let's remember that when CipSoft was hacked, we saw several files at the map folder.

Just an idea and I would like to hear your oppinions.

Note: The idea was born with these two threads:
- https://otland.net/threads/tfs-1-1-lua-map-generator-beta.230738/
- https://otland.net/threads/savemap-function-saves-it-to-a-new-otbm.193781/
- https://github.com/gordonbay/capern...obalevents/scripts/worldchanges/yasir.lua#L80

Last edited:
Almost every single game loads the world in chunks/parts.
Just some comments, generating stuff and saving it is already doable very easily, either just save the entire map to a new otbm (will take a long time extra, since it has to save already saved data) or save it to its own map file/lua table, whatever way you want, then load it in/draw it on startup. The thing about christmas decoration etc also falls under this point.
Same thing for not cleaning stuff dropped by players, it is very easy to change what it cleaned and what is not (e.g you want to clean only trash like empty bps etc)

Thanks for your contribution. I know it is easy to do, since all the functions are there ready to be used.

I want to get a discussion about the contras that this could be, since I can't see any bad point. Need to open my mind a bit more and it would help with some others otlanders discussing this idea here.

What's the point in making this thread? Yeah, if cipsoft does like this, then it should not have any contras.

IMO it's really good idea, but with many files that loads into one map, there is difficulty in editing them.
You need to find the right one, but that can be omitted by naming the files correctly.

Last edited:
What's the point in making this thread? Yeah, if cipsoft does like this, then it should not have any contras.

IMO it's really good idea, but with many files that loads into one map, there is difficulty in editing them.
You need to find the right one, but that can be omitted by naming the correctly files.

The idea is trying to find contras. And your point of editing them is a fact, besides you name them.

The only good thing would be the ability to easily edit the map with code (Save items etc...), but for me this stuff could be saved separately and it would be better.

Here , waiting to coming true .
RAxIOLhxHZhnCyx-U0rgmMUA4cxynjKAZJDNaVyZf2nfXoG2f-xEqhSzvs-6UlEiTodxkGwAMaEf-jhTlh1Rdw=s200

Hahaha if I see support on this idea I will make this possible. First I will fix the entire RL map, then I will split it and finally I will upload the entire code to load it by parts. This way everyone would be able to post updates or fixes by parts. So you will be able to mix map from different people.

Go ahead boy, i remember back in the day another free source MMORPG where you can edit the map on live, mappers really have power to make improvised events that way and funny minigames.

Also, it allow make map-depending mechanicks, with just passable or not pasable walls, door settings and stuff, ¡it was cool!

Really waiting to see this happening
:)

¡Cheers!

And how you wanna split it ?
Randomly?

Go ahead boy, i remember back in the day another free source MMORPG where you can edit the map on live, mappers really have power to make improvised events that way and funny minigames.

Also, it allow make map-depending mechanicks, with just passable or not pasable walls, door settings and stuff, ¡it was cool!

Really waiting to see this happening
:)

¡Cheers!

Thanks, I will try to make my best.

And how you wanna split it ?
Randomly?

What comes to my mind in a first place is to split them by city.

Some random areas maybe should be splitted totally appart,

Any suggestions?

Back