• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Necronia - Discussion

Ive been playing a while now must say its very interesting ive been walking mostly in dark places was scary when my torch went off i was like shiiit close eyes and go trought it ! :D it got alot of adventure would be great if i could hunt with someone else similar to my lvl *18* I didnt figure out yet where and how i can get the oil lamp can someone tell me how long it last? torch is 5 min

Ive been playing a while now must say its very interesting ive been walking mostly in dark places was scary when my torch went off i was like shiiit close eyes and go trought it ! :D it got alot of adventure would be great if i could hunt with someone else similar to my lvl *18* I didnt figure out yet where and how i can get the oil lamp can someone tell me how long it last? torch is 5 min
You can get the oil lamp by finishing Strahmadeus' quests, the lamp will never disappear and lasts longer than the torches but you have to refill it with oil that can be bought from Yonkal.

Finally, my emerald tier 3!

Sem_t_tulo.png

I would play, but due to the fact you have to buy your way into the game shows there's already money grabbing happening.

I would play, but due to the fact you have to buy your way into the game shows there's already money grabbing happening.

Citing our website's FAQ:

(#10) Q: Why do I have to pay for a beta key?
A: Over the course of Necronia's development, we have dealt with many people and testers. A vast majority vowed to provide helpful feedback and do proper testing, when in fact, they just wanted access to the game to play it, without showing any interest in helping us discover bugs, unless it directly interfered with their character's progress. As soon as the BETA ran out of planned content on the first stage, they disappeared and haven't shown us their support with the future regular updates we've been pushing out.

To prevent this kind of toxic testing, we ask for a humble donation. This way, we can tell apart those who are invested in supporting our game's development and be sure (for most cases) that they will stay on Necronia and help us. Furthermore, even if they don't, this donation will not go to waste. Read article #11 of FAQ to find out more.

(#11) Q: Why do you need donations in closed BETA? What do you do with the money?
A: Necronia closed BETA is a game server hosted in Germany for the purposes of testing the changes we make as we develop the server. We have to pay a hosting company to keep the server up, and all donations greatly contribute to this cause, helping us keep the server online and keep testing. Developing a game (especially with the intensity our team does) is a tedious & long process too. To keep our team working, we'll ocassionally issue a payment to our team-members as a reward for their hard work. These amounts are not large, as we tend to save up what we can to provide you with a great hosting service once we officially launch the server. Keeping all of this in mind, every penny counts and you can rest assured that your donation will be put to a good use. On top of it all, you get to join the beta, experience the game in its current state, help us develop it with your ideas, suggestions & feedback, and connect with the other people in this community.

I hope this provides an answer for why we're doing it that way, and I'm sure any other serious developer could testify to some of the facts mentioned in the article.

Nevertheless, we do not intend to grab money with what we're doing, and once we're finished with the development, the server will be free to play.

Citing our website's FAQ:

(#10) Q: Why do I have to pay for a beta key?
A: Over the course of Necronia's development, we have dealt with many people and testers. A vast majority vowed to provide helpful feedback and do proper testing, when in fact, they just wanted access to the game to play it, without showing any interest in helping us discover bugs, unless it directly interfered with their character's progress. As soon as the BETA ran out of planned content on the first stage, they disappeared and haven't shown us their support with the future regular updates we've been pushing out.

To prevent this kind of toxic testing, we ask for a humble donation. This way, we can tell apart those who are invested in supporting our game's development and be sure (for most cases) that they will stay on Necronia and help us. Furthermore, even if they don't, this donation will not go to waste. Read article #11 of FAQ to find out more.

(#11) Q: Why do you need donations in closed BETA? What do you do with the money?
A: Necronia closed BETA is a game server hosted in Germany for the purposes of testing the changes we make as we develop the server. We have to pay a hosting company to keep the server up, and all donations greatly contribute to this cause, helping us keep the server online and keep testing. Developing a game (especially with the intensity our team does) is a tedious & long process too. To keep our team working, we'll ocassionally issue a payment to our team-members as a reward for their hard work. These amounts are not large, as we tend to save up what we can to provide you with a great hosting service once we officially launch the server. Keeping all of this in mind, every penny counts and you can rest assured that your donation will be put to a good use. On top of it all, you get to join the beta, experience the game in its current state, help us develop it with your ideas, suggestions & feedback, and connect with the other people in this community.

I hope this provides an answer for why we're doing it that way, and I'm sure any other serious developer could testify to some of the facts mentioned in the article.

Nevertheless, we do not intend to grab money with what we're doing, and once we're finished with the development, the server will be free to play.

While I can understand the players and the needs of the server and hosting, I can't justify money I barely have to just get access to your server. Let alone the fact this is still in 'beta' and while the server looks great and fun to play, that's no better then the 'early access' games that are plaguing everyone at this moment. I'm very interested in your ideas and the concepts you have going, but I simply don't have 11$ to spend, just to try your server. I'm sure I am not the only one in this boat, either. Maybe you should hold a few lotteries on the forum here for people who are interested in your server, but cannot afford to spend the money to get access to your server? I hope you understand where I'm coming from here, as I very much am interested in what you have going, but asking someone to pay to just test your game is a bit silly.

Not to mention the broad statement of keeping toxic testers away, only hurts those who don't have money to spare. People who just left clearly had no interest in this particular server and will move on, while those of us who can't pay.. Just can't play.

Last edited:
While I can understand the players and the needs of the server and hosting, I can't justify money I barely have to just get access to your server. Let alone the fact this is still in 'beta' and while the server looks great and fun to play, that's no better then the 'early access' games that are plaguing everyone at this moment. I'm very interested in your ideas and the concepts you have going, but I simply don't have 11$ to spend, just to try your server. I'm sure I am not the only one in this boat, either. Maybe you should hold a few lotteries on the forum here for people who are interested in your server, but cannot afford to spend the money to get access to your server? I hope you understand where I'm coming from here, as I very much am interested in what you have going, but asking someone to pay to just test your game is a bit silly.

Not to mention the broad statement of keeping toxic testers away, only hurts those who don't have money to spare. People who just left clearly had no interest in this particular server and will move on, while those of us who can't pay.. Just can't play.

I completely understand, and this was a drawback to the entire strategy that we were aware of but still went with, to see if it would help filter out the said toxic testers, and it truly did. We're getting great feedback now and we're happy with the amount of testers and their work. If we wanted to let everyone in, it would be open beta.

But yes indeed, there is an amount of people out there who would probably like to join and be an honest to god tester, but can't spend that amount of money for this or that reason. We do actually have events and other kinds of giveaways for those who fall into this group. And if you want, you can fill out the following form and PM it to me:

To apply for the beta you can fill out the following form and we'll consider sending you a key once we release a next major update if you fit the criteria:
  • Name/Nickname:
  • Experience in OT development:
  • Experience in OT testing:
  • How active would you be on the server (pick 1):
    • Very Active (I'd be online every day with few exceptions)
    • Present (I'd be online at least 3 out of 7 days a week)
    • Active (I'd be online at least 5 out of 7 days a week)
    • Occasionally (I'd be online when I can, and for as long as I can)
  • Any additional comments:

I hope our ways do not offend anyone, as we've found them to be efficient and we don't intend to fix what is not broken. There is also supposed to be an open beta sometime during this summer, so there's that to look forward to next to the release.

I completely understand, and this was a drawback to the entire strategy that we were aware of but still went with, to see if it would help filter out the said toxic testers, and it truly did. We're getting great feedback now and we're happy with the amount of testers and their work. If we wanted to let everyone in, it would be open beta.

But yes indeed, there is an amount of people out there who would probably like to join and be an honest to god tester, but can't spend that amount of money for this or that reason. We do actually have events and other kinds of giveaways for those who fall into this group. And if you want, you can fill out the following form and PM it to me:

I hope our ways do not offend anyone, as we've found them to be efficient and we don't intend to fix what is not broken. There is also supposed to be an open beta sometime during this summer, so there's that to look forward to next to the release.

I do understand, I promise. No offense was given at all, just a complaint from someone very active on OT's for many years, who would very much like to find out if yours is the one I've been looking for! I will PM you and hopefully keep an eye out for one of the events so I can get it!

If it was a "normal" server your point might be corret. The developers are almost always online along the day. They spend a lot of time helping people, fixing bugs and improving the systems. I can say it for sure: "every cent is being paid in fun moments".

OBS: Sorry for my bad english, BR.

If it was a "normal" server your point might be corret. The developers are almost always online along the day. They spend a lot of time helping people, fixing bugs and improving the systems. I can say it for sure: "every cent is being paid in fun moments".

OBS: Sorry for my bad english, BR.
While I can't disagree, It would be a different story if you got 11$ worth of premium currency as well as access, however paying for JUST access to the server? Are there any perks to buying a key? Do you get something that distinguishes you from others? Anything special?

While I can't disagree, It would be a different story if you got 11$ worth of premium currency as well as access, however paying for JUST access to the server? Are there any perks to buying a key? Do you get something that distinguishes you from others? Anything special?

You get a beta tester badge, a special (yet undetermined) custom outfit and a week of EACC time.
(Something like premium that gives you some perks, but no power advantage or exclusive area access unlike Tibia)

i got lvl 20 spearman now i think the spell that should poisen doesnt work when i use it nothing happens ? + im on the mainland now but the only mobs i can see are slimes and the new rats? + crokaches? + i really need marks on my map lol

Do you plan to have some type of way to smelt/recycle items?
There's nothing you can really do with the items you find because you can't sell them, so they are rendered useless.

I remember suggesting something like this a while ago and the response I got was that there future plans for a system where you could smelt equipment into materials.
It would be nice to know if we can still expect something like this in the future, or at least a use for equipment that you find.

There's nothing you can really do with the items you find because you can't sell them, so they are rendered useless.

I remember suggesting something like this a while ago and the response I got was that there future plans for a system where you could smelt equipment into materials.
It would be nice to know if we can still expect something like this in the future, or at least a use for equipment that you find.

You can disintegrate items by throwing them on the glowing tile near the furnace in Blacksmith Nathan's. Some items won't be disintegrated due to them being looted rather than crafted (There is no base recipe for it).

i got lvl 20 spearman now i think the spell that should poisen doesnt work when i use it nothing happens ? + im on the mainland now but the only mobs i can see are slimes and the new rats? + crokaches? + i really need marks on my map lol

As far as I know, marks on the map aren't currently working properly otherwise there would be markers. And for the spell, it is working for me. Are you trying to poison a slime or other poison-type creatures?

i think it would be great to sell stuff to npcs like you can craft it and sell it :) would be cool too

Edit: I talked with Utopia, about spearman and so on and overall gameplay.

I think spearman need a rework mana costs are high i waste so much pots to use spells since i feel like a wizard instead of a spearman cuz i miss more shoots then nothing else I recommend to make spell cost of hasta confodere (Spearstab) to 20-25 instead of 50 since its one of the main atks when I see shadowstrikers that 1 hit mobs just with basic atks where i need atleast 10 second to kill it im kinda sad lol + the other spell that should poisen the target like i already mentioned doesnt work it just dont hit or poisens.

Then how are spearman supposed to tank ? using pots? like other classes can do aswell? a shadowstriker can tank more with his lifesteal then me + makes more dmg + 120 sec stealth

I feel very uncomfortable to play spearman :C I expected more from the class. But good that im here to bring some feedback and ideas! :D

First idea would be to make Equipment for Defenders and spearman same I talk about armor shield boots legs helmet. Since spearman is kinda rangeless like a melee VOC its better to let him have a good amount of defense and maybe increase his gain on shielding skill + just saying spearmans weapons got no def like defender.

Then giving spearman more ways to make a better weapon would also be great I dont know why at the start every voc had alot of weapons to craft where distance had only 3-5 :C im running with metal slingshot on main around :C

And maybe a spell to enchant the spear for the next few hits like ( incantare hasta) enchants spear dmg for the next 10 hits with extra physical dmg +10- or with any other element or we can craft something to put on spear like we can put poisen on dagger :) since you can put fire or poisen on spears front blade :)- also for melee voc

Ah and almost forgott to say the passive (breaker) doesnt seem to be much helpfull or makes any sense to me either i miss my shoots or i do like 30 dmg and i hit very very slow so that i stack maybe 3 times and the mob is already dead I also think that you should take a rework on the passive maybe reduce the stacks u need and give it more % with each hit or make it so taht each stack give % dmg and % more chance to hit makes it more usefull :) and maybe higher the hit chances on dist weapons :)

For now on I cant play further on the mainland (hoping for more content release and rework -fixes)

Greetings Destruckto

Last edited:
i think it would be great to sell stuff to npcs like you can craft it and sell it :) would be cool too

Edit: I talked with Utopia, about spearman and so on and overall gameplay.

I think spearman need a rework mana costs are high i waste so much pots to use spells since i feel like a wizard instead of a spearman cuz i miss more shoots then nothing else I recommend to make spell cost of hasta confodere (Spearstab) to 20-25 instead of 50 since its one of the main atks when I see shadowstrikers that 1 hit mobs just with basic atks where i need atleast 10 second to kill it im kinda sad lol + the other spell that should poisen the target like i already mentioned doesnt work it just dont hit or poisens.

Then how are spearman supposed to tank ? using pots? like other classes can do aswell? a shadowstriker can tank more with his lifesteal then me + makes more dmg + 120 sec stealth

I feel very uncomfortable to play spearman :C I expected more from the class. But good that im here to bring some feedback and ideas! :D

First idea would be to make Equipment for Defenders and spearman same I talk about armor shield boots legs helmet. Since spearman is kinda rangeless like a melee VOC its better to let him have a good amount of defense and maybe increase his gain on shielding skill + just saying spearmans weapons got no def like defender.

Then giving spearman more ways to make a better weapon would also be great I dont know why at the start every voc had alot of weapons to craft where distance had only 3-5 :C im running with metal slingshot on main around :C

And maybe a spell to enchant the spear for the next few hits like ( incantare hasta) enchants spear dmg for the next 10 hits with extra physical dmg +10- or with any other element or we can craft something to put on spear like we can put poisen on dagger :) since you can put fire or poisen on spears front blade :)- also for melee voc

Ah and almost forgott to say the passive (breaker) doesnt seem to be much helpfull or makes any sense to me either i miss my shoots or i do like 30 dmg and i hit very very slow so that i stack maybe 3 times and the mob is already dead I also think that you should take a rework on the passive maybe reduce the stacks u need and give it more % with each hit or make it so taht each stack give % dmg and % more chance to hit makes it more usefull :) and maybe higher the hit chances on dist weapons :)

For now on I cant play further on the mainland (hoping for more content release and rework -fixes)

Greetings Destruckto

I will work on Spearman tonight a bit and introduce some changes that should fix the situation, and for the moment, mainland weapon recipes are not available (will be very soon) so that's why you can't upgrade your spear. We'll see how everything is once all of these changes have been made.
Thanks for the feedback!

See Silence's post below yours. I will soon also post about the Disintegrating Furnace on our website's library.

i cant buy the beta my country only accepts international cards :(

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about PayPal policies. :|

Ahh yeah I remember now. I'm not sure how I forgot about the Disintegrating Furnace.. I guess that's what happens when you don't play for a long period of time. :p Like you already mentioned, posting the Disintegrating Furnace on the library is a good idea so more people will be aware of this feature. It's also a good idea to add some kind of quest or tutorial so players can learn about it. (If it already doesn't exist)

About the Disintegrating Furnace, will there be some portable tool so we can disintegrate items during our adventures? You find items pretty quick and we are limited with our capacity, especially with everything else a prepared adventurer should carry with them. Seems rather tenacious and time wasting going to the local blacksmith each time you want to disintegrate some items. (which would be pretty often!)

You could create some kind of limitations or drawbacks for the tool so that the Disintegrating Furnace doesn't become useless but, I can't be the only one who feels this way.. because if this is the only thing you're able to do with looted equipment then I still find it rather useless. There's no way I'll be traveling back and forth every 10-15 minutes not to mention if you're really far away from town it will take you even longer. Anyway it's just a simple suggestion. :)

Back